[Misc] Ben's Grandad Has Passed Away

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I pm him a couple times saying it’s all banter you know and never to take it too seriously. He always replied that he knew the rules....
RIP mate....... sad day.

Sometimes life just feels shit doesn’t it. I never met BG, and only last week pulled him up on one of his players to sign threads, and now.... he’s gone!!!

****ing awful

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Oh my goodness what sad news to come home to.

Condolences to his family, I think we'll all miss him on here.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Such a sad loss. As others have said you had to read a post if it was from BG.

My deepest sympathies to his family and may Brian rest in peace...although I think heaven is in for a bit of a shock.

Must admit I’m in bits tonight over this.

He’s going to annoy the f...uck out of God tonight. Get in there BG.

Durlston

"Two grams please!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
I'm absolutely shocked and so saddened by this news. I've only just noticed this thread.

I always enjoyed reading Ben's Grandad's posts. If he had something to say, he said it the way it was and I hope he took it as a nice compliment when giving the thumbs up to a lot of his posts. The last one was in the South Africa v England one-day series cricket. Also, being a Haywards Heath resident he summed up the best restaurants/what the best pubs were and had the same doctor's surgery as me.

Today, maybe the biggest candle of all on NSC has gone out and the forum will be all the sadder for it.

RIP BG. We're going to miss you mate. Thoughts with his family and friends at this sad time. :down:

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Absolutely gutted. RIP BG, he is a true legend of the board and I have no idea what the mods can do on here, but if there was ever a Hall of Famer type user it's BG.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I was shocked to see the post headline and saddened to discover when I opened it that it wasn't an inappropriate wind up as I hoped it would be.

I always admired BG for his incredibly thick skin. I never saw him get angry at the stick he often received, some of it deserved, much of it not.

As others have said he was, and certainly is now, an NSC legend.

I've no idea why but this video clip has always brought BG to mind. I once posted it on here a few years ago in reference to him on one of his infamous technology advice threads.
It seems like a fitting time to post it again...

https://youtu.be/o_XaJdDqQA0

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Absolutely gutted to hear this news. BG is a bona fide solid gold NSC superstar and will be sorely sorely missed.

3 points in his honour at the weekend please lads.

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
His final team choice - for the Palace match. I feel like sending it to Potter and telling him to send them out like this in BG's honour.

BG.JPG

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
Felt like i had been punched in the stomach when I came on NSC tonight!

I have been mates with Arfur Guinness since we started school together, so have known his big brother Brian that long. I don't mind admitting I've shed a few tears tonight.

The number of people moved to posting on here says it all really.

Farewell BG, we will miss you.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
It is a mark of everything NSC that BG could regularly post opinions that half the people on here thought were nonsense and still attract 32 pages of condolences.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports