Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Ben's Grandad Has Passed Away

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
Such sad news. Rest In Peace BG, you will be sorely missed.

Maybe now is the time to update the NSC banner [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]. Omsung Phine anyone?

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
That's very sad. I never really did get his posts - or work out if it was all just a spoof. Only responded one time I think when BG was bemoaning the loss of a pound shop in Haywards Heath - maybe I was caught in the trap. Sincere condolences to all his family and friends.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
RIP BG, a legend forever.

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
So sorry to hear the news. Although I never met him, he was clearly a great character and I'm sure he will be hugely missed by all that knew him - he'll also be missed by those of us who never knew him in person but thoroughly enjoyed his comments and opinions on NSC.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
BG popped up in threads from Punk Rock to Veganism.

One of my mainstays the Sussex Cricket Threads was one of his haunts.

We have now lost Lord Bracknell, Alex Dawson oh oh and now Bens Grandad form these threads.

In time honoured NSC cricket thread tradition.

WERE LOOSE

And be more silent without you.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Such a sad loss. As others have said you had to read a post if it was from BG. As an old codger he sometimes asked questions about it that I looked forward to the answers! Loved his recollections of running a pub, parking issues, how to navigate roundabouts in Haywards Heath, his bus trips to the butchers at Hangleton, etc etc etc.

Most of all I loved his devotion to the Albion and Sussex CC.

NSC is the poorer for losing one of its own

My deepest sympathies to his family and may Brian rest in peace...although I think heaven is in for a bit of a shock.

Must admit I’m in bits tonight over this.

Last edited:

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
NSC is poorer for the loss of his entertaining and controversial posts. I am very sorry to hear this sad news......

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
That’s very sad to hear.
His passing will leave a big hole on this board.
Whatever his views on subjects he always raised a chuckle, he was solid.
I don’t mean this in poor taste , I mean it affectionately but I’m half expecting a thread “funeral question...”
Thoughts go out to his family.
RIP BG

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
That’s very sad to hear.
His passing will leave a big hole on this board.
Whatever his views on subjects he always raised a chuckle, he was solid.
I don’t mean this in poor taste , I mean it affectionately but I’m half expecting a thread “funeral question...”
Thoughts go out to his family.
RIP BG

I think that will be taken in the right spirit ....made me smile and that’s the way I’d like to remember the fella

Jul 7, 2003
Only just got onto NSC late this evening and so sad to see this as the top thread. I rarely read long threads but I've read every post on here.

I knew he wasn't in the best of health having had exchanges with him about how he was going to get to the Amex next season. I guess that now he will either have a grandstand view from above or if nothing else, his first questions to St Peter on arrival at the pearly gates will be "can you help me connect to the wifi" followed by "do you have a link for a stream for the match on Saturday".

I exchanged a few PMs with Brian over the years - another of his network of volunteer IT support workers - and he was always very grateful for the help you gave him. As many others have said, he will be sadly missed on here - especially his animated discussions with [MENTION=25123]SIMMO SAYS[/MENTION] .

Condolences to his family. He seems to have led quite a life so I'm sure there will be a lot of laughter as well as sadness when you all get together to celebrate his life.

RIP Brian.

A very sad day for not only the Lisher family but the Albion family in general, Brian (BG) lived and breathed the Albion and at 76 years of age had actively done so for over 70 of those.

Testing the NSC waters, so to speak, should the club put Brian’s photo up on the screen on 76 minutes on Saturday? (Apologies if fixtures)

Personally I think they should.

I think this would be great to allow us all to put a face to the legend.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Really sad to discover this news.

I never knew BG personally, but had the odd friendly PM exchange. He helped make this place what it is. A real character in every sense of the word!

Thoughts and prayers with family and friends. RIP Brian.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
R.I.P. Ben's Grandad.

A unique poster, a real character, some great banter over the years. I will genuinely miss him from NSC, especially re the cricket threads.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here