Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Ben's Grandad Has Passed Away

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
That's really sad news - he was one of the characters on NSC. His posts were always entertaining - sometimes misguided, sometimes spot on, but always lively. He'll be sorely missed.

Condolences to you and all his familty

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
What I loved the most about BG was he had opinions and stuck by them. He was " old school " for me but he always maintained a dignity and never got abusive. I loved him for the ripples he made on here. We are very sadly lacking a fabulous bloke now. RIP BG

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Sad news. Condolences.
As others have noted here, my main memory will be his refusal to ever allow the back and forth that his posts usually led to to become bad natured.
Many funny moments, and not all, I suspect, entirely unintended.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Man, that’s come as a shock... so sad to read. This board will be greatly lessened by his departure - I find it hard to reconcile these transient moments in ‘social media land’ as people forget and move on so rapidly. As with certain other nsc legends who’ve sadly passed on, i for my part, will endeavour not to forget.

Ramble on BG - in peace.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The replies here speak for how much apart of the fabric of NSC he was.
I add my condolences to his family.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
72,324 posts.

Just let that sink in for a moment...

SEVENTY-TWO THOUSAND, THREE HUNDRED AND TWENTY-FOUR POSTS.

Agree or disagree with him, his dedication to NSC was never in question.

A true NSC legend has passed & we're so much the poorer for it.

Farewell BG...you'll never be forgotten on here.

:bhasign: :bhasign::bhasign:

to put that into further perspective. If his average word count per post was 17.52 his total posts would be longer than Marcel Proust, "A la recherche du temps perdu". ... and a lot more entertaining.

11 words per post would be longer than The King James Bible!

Very sad new, he'll be much missed around these parts.

Condolences to his family and friends

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
I have to admit that if I saw a post by him I would always make a point of reading it first as I knew it would be entertaining and controversial at the same time but never spiteful ,keeping me amused for ages.You will be missed BG.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
I'm really sorry to hear of BG's passing. Lots of his posts seemed accidentally confrontational, some, maybe, tongue in cheek deliberately so but most made me read them and inwardly shudder.In my minds eye I picture him as a kindly yet slightly curmudgonley(sp) old fellow. He must have not had a fingerprint on his right index finger with the amount of posts he made.Sincere condolences to all who knew him. RIP BG, accidental legend!

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
I would like to also add my condolence to all his family, as others said his posts were often controversial they were worth the read.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here