Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Benno

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
As said he wasn't on the back page when yet another thread, about yet another former player was started on NSC.

So because the thread was started before the back page was printed, then we are censored from talking about a newspaper story linking a player with us ???

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can tell you now that:

1. An Albion side including Bennett, Zamora, Murray, Barnes, Buckley and Bridcutt would almost certainly finish Top 6.
2. After the season we've just had 90% of fans would welcome them all back with open arms.

Right firstly 90% of Albion fans 'happy', you've pulled the rug out from under your own point, right there.

I'm not saying I wouldn't be one of those 90%ers, I would be.

It just would be nice to be Ulloaed this Summer by some new talent.

As said, I'd happily accept most of those back into the fold, but completing some new raw talent, not just as slightly better bodies than those joining us from the third division.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
A fully fit Solly March and a fully fit Elliott Bennett would be nice.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So because the thread was started before the back page was printed, then we are censored from talking about a newspaper story linking a player with us ???
No, esp as that piece was written days ago in the hope Norwich went up.
The piece shouldn't be bothered with at all, it's just as lazy as any 'bring back Orlandi' thread.

Again Bennett's possible return shouldn't be the highlight of us fans ambition.
Right now we should be excited, creative, surprised, happy.
Followed by 'oh and Bennett as well, great'.

We've had 9 months of shitehouse, we should be revelling for a moment before getting back to the drudgery of the football!
Not surrounding ourselves with 'meh'.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Right firstly 90% of Albion fans 'happy', you've pulled the rug out from under your own point, right there.

I'm not saying I wouldn't be one of those 90%ers, I would be.

It just would be nice to be Ulloaed this Summer by some new talent.

As said, I'd happily accept most of those back into the fold, but completing some new raw talent, not just as slightly better bodies than those joining us from the third division.

1. Other than if Bellotti or Bill Archer dropped dead I don't think you'd get 90% agreement from Albion fans on almost any issue.
2. In 2015/16 I'd be quite happy to watch a team of Kuszczak, Bruno, Elphick, Dunk, Ward, Bennett, Bridcutt, Ince, Barnes, Zamora, Murray with Walton, Calde, Upson, Cook, KLL, Buckley and Baldock on the bench.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
1. Other than if Bellotti or Bill Archer dropped dead I don't think you'd get 90% agreement from Albion fans on almost any issue.
2. In 2015/16 I'd be quite happy to watch a team of Kuszczak, Bruno, Elphick, Dunk, Ward, Bennett, Bridcutt, Ince, Barnes, Zamora, Murray with Walton, Calde, Upson, Cook, KLL, Buckley and Baldock on the bench.
We like every other team in football have had some good players passing through the stadium(s).
That doesn't mean we have to cling onto all of them like love stuck cheerleaders.

How much fun would the signing of 6 foot 2 Nigerian Patrick Friday Eze be?
Bearing in mind it's only May.

That's all I want, and feel we all should want, esp after this season.
A bit of excitement, not just 'doing it all again', because that's all we know.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
We like every other team in football have had some good players passing through the stadium(s).
That doesn't mean we have to cling onto all of them like love stuck cheerleaders.

How much fun would the signing of 6 foot 2 Nigerian Patrick Friday Eze be?
Bearing in mind it's only May.

That's all I want, and feel we all should want, esp after this season.
A bit of excitement, not just 'doing it all again', because that's all we know.

To be honest I'd rather re-sign Zamora or Murray than a bloke with a funny name. I don't care about previous, it's about time we brought some players in who can score us some goals.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
To be honest I'd rather re-sign Zamora or Murray than a bloke with a funny name. I don't care about previous, it's about time we brought some players in who can score us some goals.
As much as I don't disagree, I'd still rather we were proactive instead of reactive.
Signing players who'll be good for the present and future not just some of next season.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Benno?

Are you one of these guys?

hqdefault.jpg

Nah it's just what everyone calls him including his team mates :thumbsup:

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland

This is one of the signs of The End of Days

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
I'm sure I remember reading E Bennetts' contract was up at Norwich? Can't see them offering him a new deal if true now they're up...

Obviously we'll be a good choice for him given his history and his Mrs etc...

If we could get the old Benno back it would be some bit of business...!

If it WAS the old Benno, great, but his loan spell and being a bit injury-prone might make resigning him much more of a gamble than we would like. Still wouldn't turn him away, though.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If Benno isn't going to make the Norwich 25 man squad for next year, then there must be a deal to be done here.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He wouldnt be in their 25 if we putt in a sensible offer for him

I'd take him back, as we basically having nothing in terms of true class. Whilst his loan was disappointing, other than the Fulham game when he won the penalty, hapless Hyypia played far to centrally.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Full pre-season and he would be a cracking signing. Have to remember when he was here he was still working back to full fitness following his injury (apparently we liked getting players fit for other teams) and I wouldn't say he was that bad.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Not fully fit, and playing mainly to the useless Finn's tactics.

Not exactly fair to judge him on those games.

True, but I don't want us to be a club for others' cast-offs and older players looking for a payday. As with CMS, I've heard the FIFA 15 players saying he was played out of position etc. These managers, whatever our opinions of them, are paid to make decisions and play as they see fit. They live and die by that.
TB obviously has a long term plan, what with the Academy and all that malarkey.
I think we need to take a few chances, with some experienced players I grant you, but playing on nostalgia is not for me. Should play on who IS performing right now. A winning punt such as Ulloa doesn't happen every day, but I'd sooner go that route and take a while finding the right ones at minimal expense.
As said before, this will not mend overnight. Just take a glance at next year's Championship.....I couldn't pick a top 5.....could you?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here