Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bennett's Field no longer available - no parking season tickets

albionalbino

Nov 1, 2009
West Sussex
Just paid for the Bridge car park B £15 with it being juniors first game at the Amex

FYI There’s c50 left

Having never parked at the Amex is it easily accessible from A27 east bound and what are times like for getting out? Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Easy in and out. Bit of a queue but nothing too bad. Good access.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Have always used the Uni -
There’s no way my 82 year old dad can manage the walk to and from the Bridge or trains from Worthing so it’ll have to be park and ride for us

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Cheers, is it roughly a 10 min walk?

Pretty much, yes.

I’d question the easy access away though. Basically you have a trade off…

Get there very early, secure a space near to the exit, and wait around before the game, or

Get there later and know you’ll be sitting in your car for quite a while waiting to get out after the game.

It’s a bottle neck leading to a single-file exit which ultimately meets traffic lights.

I personally find the exit very frustrating, and avoid that car park if I possibly can.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Whilst this parking issue is going on would be a good idea for club to turn a blind eye to passing on tickets. After all rubbing it in to find because of no parking unable to attend then have to pay out £45 to pass ticket on

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Pretty much, yes.

Get there very early, secure a space near to the exit, and wait around before the game, or

Get there later and know you’ll be sitting in your car for quite a while waiting to get out after the game.

It’s a bottle neck leading to a single-file exit which ultimately meets traffic lights.

I personally find the exit very frustrating, and avoid that car park if I possibly can.

I use this car park more by habit than anything but totally endorse everything youve said

Ps 15 mins plus a bit on the way back if u leave with the crowds

Last edited:

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Pretty much, yes.

Ticket suggests I’ve been allocated a space so may have no choice but could be a part where you like situation. Planning on getting there early, club shop etc for Juniors first game.

I will have a look at the park and ride (Mill road) if it’s too bad for future games

Thanks

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Could this be something to do with the new term starting at the university(ies) - ie car parks are required for arriving students? Hasn't this been an issue before, or have I imagined that?

No term doesn't start for ages. Only was an issue once , I think, when there were open days at both unis. However I'm fairly sure what with covid the open days are much restricted this year.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Ticket suggests I’ve been allocated a space so may have no choice but could be a part where you like situation. Planning on getting there early, club shop etc for Juniors first game.

I will have a look at the park and ride (Mill road) if it’s too bad for future games

Thanks

They’ve done that before ..so I doubt you park in a particular space….the club have requested you reverse into a spot…I suggest that’s to help people exit quicker

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Pretty much, yes.

We have an allocated space at the Bridge. Haven’t parked there for a long time but I don’t remember this being the case before.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Just bought my Parking at The Bridge for Watford and Everton. After mine, only 32 and 45 left respectively. I'm normally a P & R man with Mrs Earle, but she's very nervous about whether to go or not, so this is a sweetener and we can use the time after the match to grab a drink and check out the P & R buses, how many on each bus, queuing arrangements, distancing etc. before wandering down to the bridge. Exiting is rubbish, but at least I'm still allowed a flask of coffee in my own car (and maybe a Cherry Bakewell - yes folks, it can take that long to get out!).
P.S. Thanks for this thread as I would have missed out - I've only been checking in the mornings for parking to be released.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

Thanks

No, it isn't an allocated space. The ticket numbering is just the club's issuing system for tickets.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Just bought my Parking at The Bridge for Watford and Everton. After mine, only 32 and 45 left respectively. I'm normally a P & R man with Mrs Earle, but she's very nervous about whether to go or not, so this is a sweetener and we can use the time after the match to grab a drink and check out the P & R buses, how many on each bus, queuing arrangements, distancing etc. before wandering down to the bridge. Exiting is rubbish, but at least I'm still allowed a flask of coffee in my own car (and maybe a Cherry Bakewell - yes folks, it can take that long to get out!).
P.S. Thanks for this thread as I would have missed out - I've only been checking in the mornings for parking to be released.

Lol…likewise I always take a flask and some food …plus a book if it’s not a Saturday 3pm KO when I listen to R5

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here