[Albion] Bennett's Field no longer available - no parking season tickets

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The only criticism I would aim at the club is the lack of notice for parking tickets becoming available….I was lucky to be able to grab a couple of tickets yesterday evening. I’d like to have seen date/ time given for availability in advance

Might do an email to that effect ��

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Does anyone know why the Uni car parks are not available for Watford and Everton games? It can't just be BF displacement, can it?

Not sure on that.

Sussex students (6,000+) will mostly be moving in to halls on the 18th & 19th Sept so no chance of parking for the Leicester game at that University.

In terms of P&R, The University of Brighton have a multi story car park opposite the old Mithras car park (which is now 5 towers of Studnet halls). I’d be surprised if this is NOT used for P&R eventually but there could be issues with continued contractor work/access in and around Preston Barracks that delays this somewhat.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
As I will not leave early and am not up for running back to the car anymore, does anyone know if the councourses will be available as they were in pre-covid times? I do not want to sit an hour or more in the Bridge Car Park.

You'd like to think so - there'll be a lot of people who might not want to crowd on the early trains, and would prefer to wait it out for a bit and allow things to quieten down a bit.

Ideally people would be able to return to the stadium bowl and fresh air, if they prefer to do so too.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You'd like to think so - there'll be a lot of people who might not want to crowd on the early trains, and would prefer to wait it out for a bit and allow things to quieten down a bit.

Ideally people would be able to return to the stadium bowl and fresh air, if they prefer to do so too.

Good suggestion. And if you can take a drink into the bowl, after the 15 minute out-of-view-of-the-pitch curfew, this will help matters and also increase revenue for the club.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Nailed

Which reminds me ..opposition supporters at matches again ..marvellous

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Does anyone know why the Uni car parks are not available for Watford and Everton games? It can't just be BF displacement, can it?

I had the same thought. And there was always a car park at the Uni never opened so surprised that at least some isn't available but sense that the club have been caught off guard on this and trying to manage a difficult situation without making things worse - wouldnt be surprised to see uni spaces available once things settle down.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I had the same thought. And there was always a car park at the Uni never opened so surprised that at least some isn't available but sense that the club have been caught off guard on this and trying to manage a difficult situation without making things worse - wouldnt be surprised to see uni spaces available once things settle down.

and it is available for Getafe game. :nono:

If they release it later, now Bridge is full up, that is shite.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex

I would say they have actually made things a lot worse by not opening the uni car parks.

I’m calling the club tomorrow on this. Their communication has been dreadful and really need to know what the plan of action is for the rest of the season. Not just the first three games, one of which you can’t park at at all.

The sold me a season ticket so they owe that clarity at least.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Me too, especially as I’ve just forked out over £750 on 3 coach tickets! (That’s how much I never want to use the Bridge car park again!)

I once got a quote for a 20 seater coach from Cardiff to Lewes, half day wait and return. £500 with driver.
Where are you coming from for £750?
Wouldn't it be cheaper to fly?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I once got a quote for a 20 seater coach from Cardiff to Lewes, half day wait and return. £500 with driver.
Where are you coming from for £750?
Wouldn't it be cheaper to fly?

We got a limo from Brighton to Cardiff for the playoff final. £500 and as much booze as we could drink. And, we drank a lot! [MENTION=19321]Pogue Mahone[/MENTION] and Oliver Kahn (NSC lurker) were part of the 8 man crew. Happy days!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
The only criticism I would aim at the club is the lack of notice for parking tickets becoming available….I was lucky to be able to grab a couple of tickets yesterday evening. I’d like to have seen date/ time given for availability in advance

Might do an email to that effect ��

Although on the other hand, had their been more notice rather than spotting it on this thread, I bet I would have been crushed in the online rush and missed out. Like you, I got my tickets last night.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Although on the other hand, had their been more notice rather than spotting it on this thread, I bet I would have been crushed in the online rush and missed out. Like you, I got my tickets last night.

Yes there is that point ..I just think it would be ideal ..so you don’t have to spend time checking the site…but it is what it is …I think in time the system will change

PM sent

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
So I’m playing catch up. Having mostly given NSC a rest for the summer, I was unaware of this. Last I knew they weren’t selling season tickets for car parks but hadn’t realised it was going to be so restricted as this. The trains are going to be a lot of fun until they (inevitably) sort this out. Couldn’t happen at a worse time given people’s Covid concerns car parking will have been on more demand this season not less.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Public meeting and potential planning application...

Attachments

• 265445127_10229141061771536_5422596797439299234_n.jpg
    265445127_10229141061771536_5422596797439299234_n.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 284

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports