Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bennett's Field no longer available - no parking season tickets

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I am totally with you on this. Before I renewed my ST I emailed the club to see if they would be allowing people who previously had Car Parking STH to renewed - they said yes, once stadium occupancy is back to normal. Admittedly certain things out of their control have meant that they are no longer willing to honour this assertion, but people like me bought season tickets on this understanding. My drive to football is about 2 hours each way and the Sussex University Car Parking makes going to the football just about acceptable - now I'm unsure how many games I'll be able to make.

Me too.

Logistically my ability to go to matches just doesn’t work without the ability to park my car.

And if I can’t go, I now can’t just let someone else go on my place….

Farce.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Just bought parking for Watford and Everton but Leicester showing sold out.

On sale for the bridge now for first 2 games (no university). No parking at all for Leicester.

Could this be something to do with the new term starting at the university(ies) - ie car parks are required for arriving students? Hasn't this been an issue before, or have I imagined that?

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Yep.

So the club has created a situation where a home game against one of the top teams in the division has no parking available whatsoever.

Brilliant.

It's really really annoying. I guess the club can't do much about it but even parking at the Bridge instead of the University is irritating. Hey ho, will make the best of it. Depending on where you drive from its probably easiest to pay for parking at Btn Station and get the train in for Leicester.

albionalbino

Nov 1, 2009
West Sussex
Could this be something to do with the new term starting at the university(ies) - ie car parks are required for arriving students? Hasn't this been an issue before, or have I imagined that?

I don't remember this but it does sound plausible.
Although Bridge St car park shouldn't be affected.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

100% right. One of the reasons we don't normally start at home as it conflicts with open days at the uni.

albionalbino

Nov 1, 2009
West Sussex
It's really really annoying. I guess the club can't do much about it but even parking at the Bridge instead of the University is irritating. Hey ho, will make the best of it. Depending on where you drive from its probably easiest to pay for parking at Btn Station and get the train in for Leicester.

I don't really want to get on an over crowded train at the moment. Not even a short journey. I know this might change but it's not likely to do so before the Leicester match.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I don't remember this but it does sound plausible.
Although Bridge St car park shouldn't be affected.

If the club has lost use of the university car park for the day, 1901ers etc will have to use The Bridge, which would mean no general sales.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I don't really want to get on an over crowded train at the moment. Not even a short journey. I know this might change but it's not likely to do so before the Leicester match.

Just said the same elsewhere.

Trains to and from the Amex won’t be fun for the Covid-nervous.

Pissed up wanker football bloke types who won’t believe in vaccinations nor in wearing masks.

Also likely to be singy-shouty.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Yep.

So the club has created a situation where a home game against one of the top teams in the division has no parking available whatsoever.

Brilliant.

We’ve just booked parking for Watford, so thank you everyone for the heads up on this thread. Isn’t the restricted car parking due to factors not controlled by the club ? Ie the Bennett’s Field thing reducing total parking capacity and the start of the university term for Leicester, which happens every year ? I don’t think the club has created these situations.

Ps I am defending the club but think that perfectly reasonable if others are having a pop at them.

Pps if anybody has contact details for [MENTION=15734]harry[/MENTION] Wilson’s tackle then you might want to let him know parking is now available to be booked for the first couple of games. [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION] ?

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I'm not defending them, but in all honesty the land owner could have been agreeing terms etc. all the while, and has suddenly decided not to sign or renew and backed out last minute. What do you want them to have done in this scenario if a car park they thought they were going to have use of, they suddenly haven't?

:thumbsup:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Yep.

Brilliant.

Still there’s always more trains running on a Sunday than any other day of the week.

Wait…

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Could “sold out” just mean that they are not on sale yet. Club might be releasing parking a few games at a time

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
We’ve just booked parking for Watford, so thank you everyone for the heads up on this thread. Isn’t the restricted car parking due to factors not controlled by the club ? Ie the Bennett’s Field thing reducing total parking capacity and the start of the university term for Leicester, which happens every year ? I don’t think the club has created these situations.

Ps I am defending the club but think that perfectly reasonable if others are having a pop at them.

Pps if anybody has contact details for [MENTION=15734]harry[/MENTION] Wilson’s tackle then you might want to let him know parking is now available to be booked for the first couple of games. [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION] ?

Only PMs on here.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Just said the same elsewhere.

Trains to and from the Amex won’t be fun for the Covid-nervous.

Pissed up wanker football bloke types who won’t believe in vaccinations nor in wearing masks.

Also likely to be singy-shouty.

Or just even more rammed than normal.

Will everyone even be able to get on?

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Just paid for the Bridge car park B £15 with it being juniors first game at the Amex (Everton)

FYI There’s c50 left

Having never parked at the Amex is it easily accessible from A27 east bound and what are times like for getting out? Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Or just even more rammed than normal.

Will everyone even be able to get on?

Based on NSC there will be way more people not going at all than the number that usually park in Bennett’s. With people ‘encouraged’ to get there early trains aren’t going to be too bad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here