Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bennett's Field no longer available - no parking season tickets

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Talking about access. Who owns what area around the field? There seems no access other than via the Amex roads. Can we 'lease' them a road and then break the lease after two years, leaving them with a building but no road access?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Screenshot 2021-12-09 at 09.49.25.jpg

There's this drop kerb and gate that could provide access but very interested to see the proposed plans as surely they can't rely on access via stadium land?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Could probably develop that into a decent access. Won't be cheap - might require getting a Hedge Fund onboard.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Could probably develop that into a decent access. Won't be cheap - might require getting a Hedge Fund onboard.

Let’s not go down that rabbit hole.

A nose online, Downing Construction are substantial with £110m turnover.

Looks like they’ll go for planning permission, then pay Bennett a few for £m the land, develop, before selling the entire scheme to one of the many privately owned student accommodation companies.

Dick Knight & co made this feasible for Bennett and Downing. Providing a direct development link along that belt.

After that, almost inevitable that Bennett would one day cash in. He would’ve been chivied by ££££ intermediaries who spend all day scouring these opportunities, usually with “Strategic” in their business name.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
How likely is it that permission will be granted.

If they can sort out the access road they will get it I'd say. Hard to justify a reason other than the access road why they wouldn't.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
If they can sort out the access road they will get it I'd say. Hard to justify a reason other than the access road why they wouldn't.

The Albion hotel got turned down not so long ago so they would need to get it right in design terms as well.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
The hotel application was to Brighton and Hove, why is this application to Lewes?
I thought the Falmer Road was the boundary

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Thanks, I thought it was the Falmer Road

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I assume at some stage he has offered the Land to Albion who would not pay his price which may have gone up when we sold White

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
. If he gets turned down worth nothing to anybody but Albion. Maybe another gamble by Bloom

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here