Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bennett to Wolves

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
E Bennett was pretty poor, doesn't have any pace or strength. Still has a great cross on him though.

Didn't we sign him off wolves?

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
E Bennett was pretty poor, doesn't have any pace or strength. Still has a great cross on him though.

Didn't we sign him off wolves?

Yes, they'd just got promoted to the Premiership. If they'd stayed in the Championship, he would have stayed with them according to Mick McCarthy. I met MmC in a restaurant in Westerham, I think during the promotion season, and he said we had a special player and needed to look after him. I suppose not being a regular in the Norwich side (wasn't he superseded by Pilkington?), plus the injury have taken their toll. Now with us, he is having to play with no regular striker, with Baldock, Colunga, CMS and now Bent being chopped and changed during his time here, whereas before he had Forster, Murray and Barnes to supply.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Problem is Norwich have been reported as going to sell Redmond and play Elliott in that position remains to be seen if they do. If not we should be at the head of the queue to sign him.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Showed dissent (shaking his head) we he saw his number come up to be replaced yesterday.
He has openly said he spoke to Sami before he extended his loan to ensure he would play as that is the only reason he is with us.
Is doing a good job in difficult circumstances whilst getting fit after a lengthy lay off.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Showed dissent (shaking his head) we he saw his number come up to be replaced yesterday.
He has openly said he spoke to Sami before he extended his loan to ensure he would play as that is the only reason he is with us.
Is doing a good job in difficult circumstances whilst getting fit after a lengthy lay off.

I did not think he should have been taken off. I also think we should sign him as a matter of urgency (if we can?). Nathan Jones did OK until the tactical substitutions.

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/30255

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I did not think he should have been taken off. I also think we should sign him as a matter of urgency (if we can?). Nathan Jones did OK until the tactical substitutions.

I agree NJ f....d them up.we could have won that game as Reading without Murray were poor.

Last edited:

Dec 15, 2014
Here
Replied to deleted post: ignore.

Ignoring%20Person.jpg

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I wouldn't say he's been very poor?

Not quite the man he was when he was here before, but he was playing in a confident, promotion chasing side back then. I thought he was one of our better players yesterday. Will still always be a big favourite amongst our fans, I hope, wherever he ends up. I could see him doing well for Wolves.

Agree with this, and it was nice to see him usher the east stand to raise the noise level that's something I like to see from a player he obviously cares.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Would probably have looked better in a proper 4-4-2, didn't work well as part of the front three. You need pace in that position and he doesn't have any.

So in my view it's just another badly judged signing.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Not playing well in a side that is not playing well and where his role and team tactics change match by match.
Will do just fine in a team which is playing with confidence as his home town club have been for most of this season.

Actually, home town for EB is Telford - his mum still lives round the corner from me. Oh, and they really aren't playing with any confidence currently bottom of the conference.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here