Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bennett bid accepted?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I just dont understand this if its true!!

We dont need to sell as were not in desperate need for cash, weve just got promoted and have a very exciting and young player who has to be up there with the most assists outside the premiership and we seem to be just letting him go for a pittance in todays market.

In 40 years as an Albion fan, I don't recall ever getting top dollar for a player.... we always seem to let them go for a pittance. Play hardball Tony, tell Lambert to go f**k himself if 1mill is his offer and to come back with a real offer

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
"Brighton have already signed Will Hoskins from Bristol Rovers, and Chelsea youth team products Ben Sampayo and Anton Rogers. "

I presume someone has done the Anton Rogers joke?

Last edited:

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I'd be well pissed if it was for £1m, would be a little less pissed at £2m+. Still don't want to lose him though. Perhaps another PR excercise is coming up of the club announcing a player will be leaving (Bennett), followed immediately with a new player signing (Buckley)

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Gutting if true.

If he does go I hope we get a decent amount for him. It'd be very disappointing if we were to splash out over a million for hoskins and buckley, but got less than that in return for bennett. The squad would be no stronger but we'd be money down.

Surely Bloom wouldn't let that happen? At the very least we need to break even on the swapping of Hoskins and Buckley for Bennett and Murray.

Last edited:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Gutting if true.

If he does go I hope we get a decent amount for him. It'd be very disappointing if we were to splash out over a million for hoskins and buckley, but got less than that in return for bennett. The squad would be no stronger but we'd be money own.

Surely Bloom wouldn't let that happen? At the very least we need to break even on the swapping of Hoskins and Buckley for Bennett and Murray.

Considering the lightning speed that Norwich are moving to snap up quite a few key players already, I am little disappointed we seem to ambling along at this point with singing key replacements. The chelsea lads are for the future, we only have Hoskins so far.

On another point, does anyone know where this VitalBHA (Mendoza) bloke got this info from as nobody else is yet reporting it?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Considering the lightning speed that Norwich are moving to snap up quite a few key players already, I am little disappointed we seem to ambling along at this point with singing key replacements. The chelsea lads are for the future, we only have Hoskins so far.

On another point, does anyone know where this VitalBHA (Mendoza) bloke got this info from as nobody else is yet reporting it?

I'm still waiting for Mr Mendoza to post on this thread - he normally uses NSC regularly so if it was him that wrote the article I wish he's just put it on here! Brett.................

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
deal of the century.

yeah, you're right about Virgo, I was suggesting we always seem to get shit money for our top players..... in Virgos case we got top money for a shit player, they were had!

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
There is not once source, not one quote in that Vital BHA "report." It's amateur "journalism" and seems to me to be entirely speculative.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
I'd be well pissed if it was for £1m, would be a little less pissed at £2m+. Still don't want to lose him though. Perhaps another PR excercise is coming up of the club announcing a player will be leaving (Bennett), followed immediately with a new player signing (Buckley)

These were my thoughts. But when Murray went, I was disappointed for 2 hours, then delighted when we got Hoskins. If Bennett went, replaced by Buckley, I'd be happy with signing Buckley, but I would still feel a bit hollow inside.

Disliking a player like Murray for leaving was easy, and makes it easy to forget about him. But Bennett, I absolutely love him. He's the sort of player that really endears himself to the fans and it will be painful to see him go.

Having said that, I'd be really happy to see him play in the Premier League, in terms of I think he deserves it, and certainly wouldn't begrudge him that move in the slightest. No-one can say it is a sideways step, it would be a massive career move for him.

Dalos

Mar 2, 2009
Rumours abound on Twitter than Norwich have secured a Super Injunction against Mendoza, hence his silence on NSc regarding this subject

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Any chance of a £1m plus a player deal I wonder? Norwich must have some players considered unable to make the jump to the prem but would be more than adequate in the championship.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Any chance of a £1m plus a player deal I wonder? Norwich must have some players considered unable to make the jump to the prem but would be more than adequate in the championship.

Well Oli Johnson has apparently been on our radar previouly but I have doubts he's what we are looking for this season. Anthonly Macnamee, Cody Mcdonald or more ambitously Simeon Jackson could be more attractive options.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Wasn't Simeon Jackson pretty poor in the Championship though? Spent most of the season on the bench up until the last couple of games, from what I remember.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here