Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bennett bid accepted?

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
Hmm, that doesn't look good to be fair. Whoever writes the BHAvital stuff seems to have been spot on with all the Bennett business. I'd be a bit annoyed if we only got £1m for him, mind - we're both a division higher now and he has 3 years left to run on his contract.

Interestingly it does say we're about to follow it up with the capture of Buckley from Watford, softening the blow of Bennett's departure in the same way we did with Murray & Hoskins.

"Smash our record transfer fee by a considerable amount" - what do we reckon? £800k?

If this is the case, and whilst i think Hoskins and Buckley in particular will prove to be fine players it does seem one forward one back. Its very frustrating. We should be moving forward, not sideways. Still dont believe it til the club confirm anything and I recon Gus and Tony will have us in good shape come August

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It is worth noting that Gus said he wouldn't stop a player leaving if it was a progression, ala Crofts, he has 3 years left and its better to lose him now than half way through a campaign, it will be tough if he does go, but this is football. £1m does sound a bit low, as how much would we need to pay Wolves ?

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
Yes Walt. You were right about Murray, you might be right about Bennett also.

BUT

Do you have to keep going on about it!?

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
If we've accepted just 1 mil I'd be a bit disappointed, although maybe we are letting his importance here cloud our judgement in terms of the transfer market in general. Could it be a case that the rumoured "stay till the end of the season, then we'll let you go" did happen, Norwich are aware of this, and taking the piss a bit? Although that wouldn't explain us apparently accepting it...

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
So, a bit like I said weeks ago and got slated for a la Murray to Palace then?

I reckon I'm going to open a Britain's got Talent thread soon and see Morris banging on about how he got Murray to Palace right.

Well done. Gold star. We know. You've told us. Many Times.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I actually believe this, why? Well I think Gus and Tony sat down with Elliott in Jan and said that we will let him leave in the summer, just stay and help us get into the Championship. Which he did.

It would make sense to me. Sad yes, but IF we can get Buckley in as well as Lua Lua it will soften the blow.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I told you this earlier today. believe me now?

No - you said norich and he aint going there. To be honest I tihnk you'll find everyone on this board new this was a strong possibility after Jan and after their promotion so do one you tool.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
yawning.jpg

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
No one likes bad news. Seems very plausible to me. I would make a bet on it. Shame if that fee is correct, worth a lot more but I thought the shame in January. Please don't be true.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I'm finding it difficult to get to grips with getting promoted and potentially losing two of our best players from the promotion campaign. Don't "best players" normally leave after relegation, not promotion.

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
(if it's true) - Well it would have been nice to start the new season in a higher division with our two best performers. If we had any other manager I think this would be devastating news. (How can you get promoted and move into a new stadium and still not retain your major playing assets?) However we've retained Gus. So everything is irie - twee twee - satta - no curry no worry!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
No - you said norich and he aint going there. To be honest I tihnk you'll find everyone on this board new this was a strong possibility after Jan and after their promotion so do one you tool.

he is going to norwich. how much would you like to bet you mug.?

edit: why would he go anywhere else?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
he is going to norwich. how much would you like to bet you mug.?

edit: why would he go anywhere else?

I'm confused?! Bozza, is that yooooou?!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here