Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bennett bid accepted?

Super Gus!

Mar 3, 2010
if he goes, good luck to him.

i would imagine that gus and tony would have something else lined up straight away eg. Buckley would be ideal.
if we started next season with Noone, LuaLua and Buckley, i'm pretty sure thats an improvement on what we have at the moment.

and should we manage to sign either Cork or Lansbury, we would have a quality midfield for next season

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Ever since we confirmed our interest in Buckley it was obvious Bennett was off.
Hardly suprising as much as i would like to have seen Bennett moved central.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
seems to have employed the same use of .? as the Top Cat idiot. Is someone playing an incredibly odd joke? At the risk of incurring administrative wrath...

Shock REVELATION! is bozza really TCTB?

Exactly my thoughts. Bozza would have got that I spelt NORICH deliberately the same as the TopCatTwat and Bozza will ALWAYS use capital letters and NEVER punctuation such as '.?' - So I reckon we've rumbled him!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I reckon an informal agreement was reached in January allowing Benno to leave if Norwich got promotion and still wanted him. Good bit of business for the club , after paying back Wolves their cut we still come out of it with a profit.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I don't really get locked into a how-dare-he or two. If Bennett wants to try it in the premiership, then good look to him. I'll still like him. And the notion of how-can-someone-leave-on-the-back-of-promotion is a little silly. Individuals want to better themselves, and footballers especially so. There are only a few LeTissiers about, and his staying with Southampton was a combination of big-fish-small-pond and being a bit wrong in the head. If Benno goes then best of luck to him. He's been a hero this year and i hope we can bag a couple of players to replace his extreme workload.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Absolutely gutting news if true. If Buckley and Lua Lua came in (not that Bennett's fee would cover both) then I would be happy enough but in some ways Benno is irreplacable. His passion and commitment for the club has been there from day one. It has been a pleasure to watch him develop so rapidly during his time with us and despite this news, I REALLY hope there is a chance that this can continue. If he does leave, he will absolutely go with my best wishes, what with the opportunity of playing in the PL and all. If Norwich are stupid enough not to start him regularly then maybe when the two of us swap divisions next year we can get him back ;)

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
If that article is right then we've undersold him, over £1m after add ons? Not enough.

I always thought that Norwich would come back in for him and it would be very hard to deny him the chance to play in the Premier League.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Don't know how true it is but a source told me that Wolves have a buyback clause for Bennett around £1.5m, I doubt they would be interested in signing him back though unless Jarvis moves to Liverpool as expected for £18m.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I don't mind Bennett going to a Premiership team, who can blame him? It not like that twat who
signed for Palarse. I hope its not true but if it is I'd applaud him if he played against us

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
I just dont understand this if its true!!

We dont need to sell as were not in desperate need for cash, weve just got promoted and have a very exciting and young player who has to be up there with the most assists outside the premiership and we seem to be just letting him go for a pittance in todays market.

Dont get me wrong, I dont think we should stand in the way of Elliott progressing his career, but for a measly million pound in my mind is a total piss take.

We should tell Norwich, its 2 million or go away, simple.

It's also in my mind a massive blow if we lose our best two players in the space of a week on the back of promotion.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I reckon an informal agreement was reached in January allowing Benno to leave if Norwich got promotion and still wanted him. Good bit of business for the club , after paying back Wolves their cut we still come out of it with a profit.

In January, I recall saying on here I will want Norwich to lose every match so they don't go up and some posters were saying it would be good if they go up and they will be less likely to get him. I was right, of course :(

I never really understand people saying 'I'd take £2 million for this player or that player.' (I know you were just saying it's good business whish is of course a fact). My point is that us as fans don't control the finances - don't control the budgets and also realistically have no idea if the selling of players means more funds for new transfers in for us. So getting money in never really excites me that much - for all we know TB may one day just slap £30mil on the table and that would be far more significant than the £300k - £500k profit we may make on a player... Does that make any sense at all? I'm tired!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I don't mind Bennett going to a Premiership team, who can blame him? It not like that twat who
signed for Palarse. I hope its not true but if it is I'd applaud him if he played against us

Agreed.

blackprince

Jul 16, 2007
I also hope that this is not true. Suprisingly, if it is then there has been absolutely no reaction to it on the official Norwich site as yet and there is not much interest in the post on Norwich Vital pointing to the BHA Vital post. Norwich have posted today that Steve Morison the Millwall striker has joined them subject to a medical and that the bid for Snodgrass has been rejected so why nothing about Bennett?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I just dont understand this if its true!!

We dont need to sell as were not in desperate need for cash, weve just got promoted and have a very exciting and young player who has to be up there with the most assists outside the premiership and we seem to be just letting him go for a pittance in todays market.

Dont get me wrong, I dont think we should stand in the way of Elliott progressing his career, but for a measly million pound in my mind is a total piss take.

We should tell Norwich, its 2 million or go away, simple.

It's also in my mind a massive blow if we lose our best two players in the space of a week on the back of promotion.

i'd go along with that....... 1)we don't need to sell him , 2)he's gotta be worth 2.5 3) i don't want him to go......:rant::rant:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
In January, I recall saying on here I will want Norwich to lose every match so they don't go up and some posters were saying it would be good if they go up and they will be less likely to get him. I was right, of course :(

I never really understand people saying 'I'd take £2 million for this player or that player.' (I know you were just saying it's good business whish is of course a fact). My point is that us as fans don't control the finances - don't control the budgets and also realistically have no idea if the selling of players means more funds for new transfers in for us. So getting money in never really excites me that much - for all we know TB may one day just slap £30mil on the table and that would be far more significant than the £300k - £500k profit we may make on a player... Does that make any sense at all? I'm tired!

I thought his transfer value might have increased as he is now a Champioship player but at the end of the day his value is only what another club is prepared to pay. Having 3 years left on his contract doesn't mean anything nowadays because a player can slap in a transfer request if he knows a club from a higher division is interested in him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here