Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bendtner

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
Our interest, if true, was reported earlier in the summer. Experience at the highest level but can be a bit of a barn door merchant. The championship level could suit him. I would welcome him with open arms

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
No thanks. Nothing about him suggests he's ever going to knuckle down, would cost a fortune and not really the type of striker we're lacking anyway.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I wouldnt particularly want him but he is better than what we currently have as a 4th striker.
He's arguably better than any of our strikers, it's whether the combination of his questionable attitude, likely high wage demands and massively inconsistent club form would be worth a punt.

Personally, I'd think not.

Now watch him smash in hundreds for Forest.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
The fact that he's willing to sign for a Championship club suggests he's had a bit of a reality check. Think he'll come good at Forest.

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
He may have played at a higher level than some of our strikers, i would personally say the jury is very much out on whether he is better. I think i would pass. I would rather see a younger player given a chance.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He may have played at a higher level than some of our strikers, i would personally say the jury is very much out on whether he is better. I think i would pass. I would rather see a younger player given a chance.

So would most but the problem we have is on Saturday we do not have a striker to bring on if Hemed and Murray are misfiring or injured.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Easily better than anyone we've got, when on form.
Wages wouldn't have been a problem.
Given that we'll end up with no available strikers by mid November, I think the club have compounded an already serious error, by not bringing in the best of a bad bunch..

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Just taking whatever he can get isn't he ?

A player with an ego the size of Gloucester who has spent his career playing at the highest level, now having to tumble down the divisions and play for mediocre midtable fodder like Forest. I think motivation would be a major concern for me.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just taking whatever he can get isn't he ?

A player with an ego the size of Gloucester who has spent his career playing at the highest level, now having to tumble down the divisions and play for mediocre midtable fodder like Forest. I think motivation would be a major concern for me.
I'm sure that motivation could be found in a very rewarding contract.

Not to mention the motivation of earning NOTHING recently.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We should be already paying Bobby to get on the treadmill so he's ready to help us out in November.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Easily better than anyone we've got, when on form.
Wages wouldn't have been a problem.
Given that we'll end up with no available strikers by mid November, I think the club have compounded an already serious error, by not bringing in the best of a bad bunch..

Sometimes I just don't get whether you're doing irony, but I'll work on the assumption that you're being serious in this post, and directly quote John McEnroe: 'You cannot be serious'.
We have four strikers. Of those, two are proven goalscorers at this level, if somewhat similar in style, perhaps incompatible to play alongside one another. A third is a proven performer at this level with numerous positive attributes, if poor at goalscoring and now seemingly woeful at getting into the position to score. A fourth remains -- and I'll rarely quote Naylor here -- enigmatic.
Given all this, CH might have to change his system/formation (he's already played several since his been here) in the next c20 games before the transfer window re-opens. I think this is the most likely alternative in the eventuality of injuries, loss/non-improvement of form, etc, especially given by common consent we have good quality in wide players. I see little reason why March, Knockaert or Murphy can't play in a withdrawn striker role, ACM, number 10, call it what you will. I actually find the prospect of March and Knockaert playing together devastating, especially if they're granted more flexibility. Alternatively, CH might bring through a youngster to give them a chance (Harper, Hambo).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here