Bendtner to palace

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Oh do fuxk off. If he signs then you pay Arsenal £7m then pay the player £55,000 over 4 years plus £2m signing on fee. You have been truly mugged, again!

The media are saying that Arsenal want £2/3m for him? Why would anyone pay £7m? Also why he get a wage increase when he spectacularly flopped at Arsenal?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Not quite, he helps out on match day around the club.

Yes, that's one of the things he does but in his interview he also said he helps out with coaching and, ideally, wants to work with 12 year olds "as that's the age they're most receptive." Presumably Kenny's talking about preaching the benefits of Blossom Hill Blush rather than lager, WKD or glue.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Would love Rhodes, but unproven at this level, and reportedly on £60 k a week.
Austin rumoured to have a lively social life, best he went to 'Arry

With all due respect there's v little chance of u landing a player like Jordan Rhodes. For starters didn't he cost BBurn something ridiculous like 8 mil?!

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Lively social life? You've just given Kenny Sansom a job coaching your kids FFS!

Great example to have around the place, could coach Charlie Austin on how to up his game and neck 3 bottles of rose a night and stil be match fit for Saturday.

Yes, that's one of the things he does but in his interview he also said he helps out with coaching and, ideally, wants to work with 12 year olds "as that's the age they're most receptive." Presumably Kenny's talking about preaching the benefits of Blossom Hill Blush rather than lager, WKD or glue.

Pavilionaire. Brilliant. Genuine :lolol::lolol:

With all due respect there's v little chance of u landing a player like Jordan Rhodes. For starters didn't he cost BBurn something ridiculous like 8 mil?!

Be fair they spent 6 million on Gayle. They know a player when they see one.

Getting Bendtner on 50K+ a week is just panic buying. Utter utter dross.

Pavilionaire. Brilliant. Genuine :lolol::lolol:

Be fair they spent 6 million on Gayle. They know a player when they see one.

Getting Bendtner on 50K+ a week is just panic buying. Utter utter dross.

Muzza was a good buy oh wait he was free :thumbsup::lolol:

Zaha overrated step overs etc but boy oh boy didn't he rub your noses in it big time:wrong:

Bha fans never learn do they? remember how you were going to tonk us in the play offs
Never write Palace off you never know we might prove you wrong! we've done it before :lolol:

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting

Zaha overrated step overs etc but boy oh boy didn't he rub your noses in it big time:wrong:

Bha fans never learn do they? remember how you were going to tonk us in the play offs
Never write Palace off you never know we might prove you wrong! we've done it before :lolol:

I don't normally pipe up when Palace write on here, but this is just hilarious.

Not being funny, but if you buy Bendtner, that's an absolute joke. I would imagine, with his ego he wouldn't take a drop in wage and when you get relegated, it will be wages like his (one parachutes stop) that will see you back in administration. This is all very amusing, getting to the Premiership should be exciting - look at Hull and Cardiff, both making fairly accomplished signings, however, you guys are buying or trying to buy the most useless players ever to play in the premiership.

A partnership of Chamakh and Bendtner, I would bet on them scoring more goals with deflections off their backsides than shots with their feet. Good luck for the season ahead, will need it.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
Bendtner would be good for Palace but it`s all getting a bit desperate isn`t it? Surely he`ll only be on loan as they`d be mugs to sign him on contract as they`d struggle to get him off their wage bill when they get relegated.

Jimmy Kebe and Jack Hunt, you could say Kebe is a good championship player, not sure about Hunt.
Are they building a squad that will be competitive in the championship next season?

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii

Bendther and Chamakh I wouldn't want these donkeys anywhere near my team. Anyway enjoy your season as Premier League cannon fodder.

Boom and bust the Palace football model. :laugh: But hang on you're going to say we haven't spent the 83 million, we are still spending the money from the sale of Haha. So I guess you're saving the 83 million for a rainy day, say in the Championsip. You've already admitted defeat and it's not even September 1st.

Last edited:

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
I can't think of anything derisory to say about Bendther. I am pleased they may sign him. But I guess that's because as a Seagull I worried they'd be spending their cash on top quality players. Frankly I imagine they don't appear to be that attractive a club to players wishing to prolong their Premier League careers. It must be a tad depressing turning up at Selhurst Park on Saturday rather than the Emirates.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
He has a 1/4 strike rate, considering he spent most of the time coming off the bench thats not too bad, better than i thought

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
Why will you have one hell of a squad when you are signing them on 1 year contracts. Gayle looks crap to me. Campana looks like a good buy (so far) but that's it. He will be off when you get relegated

Got to say gayle got big balls with his first of many goals for the palace

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Got to say gayle got big balls with his first of many goals for the palace

Your game finished 10 mins ago and you're posting on here? Did you actually attend? I suspect not, are you plastic or armchair? Either way you're very sad.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Your game finished 10 mins ago and you're posting on here? Did you actually attend? I suspect not, are you plastic or armchair? Either way you're very sad.

I went , would you be a love and start a palace v Sunderland thread ta .

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Bendther and Chamakh I wouldn't want these donkeys anywhere near my team. Anyway enjoy your season as Premier League cannon fodder.

Boom and bust the Palace football model. :laugh: But hang on you're going to say we haven't spent the 83 million, we are still spending the money from the sale of Haha. So I guess you're saving the 83 million for a rainy day, say in the Championsip. You've already admitted defeat and it's not even September 1st.

83 million? It's 120 million I think your find...

Cannon Fooder? I don't think so mate! In all of the 3 Premiership games we have played so far we have been competitive and today we were suberb, outclassing an established Premiership side. And 4 or 5 more signings to come by deadline to boost the ranks according to Holloway. :clap:

What a great feeling it is tonight, a win in the Premier League live to the nation, our fantastic support getting recognised across the country, bids going in for some exciting players and the cherry on the cake...seeing your shower drawing at home to an appallingly bad 10 man Millwall and your manager admitting in the last few days you have no serious money to strengthen an alread looking mediocre squad that is destined for mid-table at best :lolol:

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If you had to make a list "players I wouldn't want in a relegation scrap"

Bendtner
Dobbie
Chamakh

would all be pretty high on the list :thumbsup:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Cannon Fooder? I don't think so mate! In all of the 3 Premiership games we have played so far we have been competitive and today we were suberb, outclassing am established Peemiership side. And 4 or 5 more signings to come by deadline to boost the ranks according to Holloway. :clap:

What a great feeling it is tonight, a win in the Premier League live to the nation, our fantastic support getting recognised across the country, bids going in for some exciting players and the cherry on the cake...seeing your shower drawing at home to an appallingly bad 10 man Millwall and your manager admitting in the last few days you have no serious money to strengthen an alread looking mediocre squad that is destined for mid-table at best :lolol:

You are aware Sunderland are utter turd, and seen as likely relegation candidates? Hardly a scalp! Your signings have been hilarious so far, please sign Bendtner too!

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
You are aware Sunderland are utter turd, and seen as likely relegation candidates? Hardly a scalp! Your signings have been hilarious so far, please sign Bendtner too!

Do you go to Palace games? I highly doubt it given you're an Albion fan. So you're not really in the best position to judge are you. Campana, Chamackh and Puncheon have all been superb and although Gayle has not set the world alight there are some real positive signs there and his goal today will have done him a world of good. How is Chickson and Andrews doing? Worldbeaters I assume?

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
Do you go to Palace games? I highly doubt it given you're an Albion fan. So you're not really in the best position to judge are you. Campana, Chamackh and Puncheon have all been superb and although Gayle has not set the world alight there are some real positive signs there and his goal today will have done him a world of good. How is Chickson and Andrews doing? Worldbeaters I assume?

with 'respect', ChicksEn was signed as cover/development squad and looked ok in pre season but got injured. Andrews has looked a great signing tbf, given that you were so concerned :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports