Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This. About time someone stood up to that wanker who picks players on form.

Not the only one, Reece James publicly said he "couldn't speak or he's in trouble" about the terrible exclusion of Ivan Toney.
Ivan Toney who is being investigated for betting on matches?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
This. About time someone stood up to that wanker who picks players on form.

Not the only one, Reece James publicly said he "couldn't speak or he's in trouble" about the terrible exclusion of Ivan Toney.
Is that the same Toney that was found out to have illegal bet about a week before the World Cup squad was announced? That Toney?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Call me biased but I’m team White without knowing the full details :smile:
Yes, me too. Taking a quick look at the Arsenal fan forums, a fairly common view seems to be that he is a laid-back easy going lad, and if indeed it's true that he did go off on one, it would have taken somebody (Holland?) doing something pretty c***ish to set him off.

We may - or may not - find out what exactly happened one day. My guess is that we probably won't, at least not until after he's retired and a journo from The Sun or The Athletic ghost-writes his autobiography.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Without any verification from a reliable source Southgate accepts Sterling's assertion that his family are at home and have been robbed at gunpoint. On returning home the police state both assertions are incorrect. Not just minor detail errors?
What doesn't add up is the idea that the news of the break in wouldn't have come to the England camp through official (and very reliable) channels.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
NSC’s underlying contempt for Southgate strikes again. 25 players plus various others praise Southgate for his man-management and culture he’s created in the England camp. One rumour that one fringe player fell out with the management/squad, and instantly it’s “that wanker who said once upon a time that he’d pick on form” Southgate’s fault. Amazing.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
NSC’s underlying contempt for Southgate strikes again. 25 players plus various others praise Southgate for his man-management and culture he’s created in the England camp. One rumour that one fringe player fell out with the management/squad, and instantly it’s “that wanker who said once upon a time that he’d pick on form” Southgate’s fault. Amazing.
NSC is full of idiots fella. You'd have to be a complete idiot to post on here in the first.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
One of 26 falls out with the coach so you send the coach home ? No issues with anyone else ? Probably not……problem is quite easy to identify and solve.
I wouldn't expect a coach to have a heated argument with a player, that doesn't sound desperately professional and conducive to a good squad

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I wouldn't expect a coach to have a heated argument with a player, that doesn't sound desperately professional and conducive to a good squad
Impossible to judge without knowing the circumstances. What, for example, if the whole squad had been asked to do something and Ben was the only one who hadn’t done it, or refused to do it ? The England set-up is pretty professional across the board from anything I’ve seen - my guess is Ben has royally pissed someone off or acted like an arse.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Do you honestly expect any of the players to criticise the man that might pick them for an appearance in the final, the biggest game of their career. Time will tell.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Without any verification from a reliable source Southgate accepts Sterling's assertion that his family are at home and have been robbed at gunpoint. On returning home the police state both assertions are incorrect. Not just minor detail errors?
That's your assumption that it wasn't from reliable sources. At the time it was reported that might have been the information they had. His house was burgled (people apprehended). I find it bizarre that you're trying to concoct some sort of conspiracy around it all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here