[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Exactly what a Villa ended up doing.

No championship team is going to make it in the premier without a significant bit of investment.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well now hang on. I've seen predictions they'll be challenging for a Champions League spot, so that must be right for club of their stature, surely.

Which will be some achievement for a club whose first XI comprises such stellar talent as Patrick Bamford, journeyman clogger Liam Cooper (the best centre half they own), pony-tailed pillar of averageness Luke Ayling and 35yr old Pablo Hernandez.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Well now hang on. I've seen predictions they'll be challenging for a Champions League spot, so that must be right for club of their stature, surely.

Which will be some achievement for a club whose first XI comprises such stellar talent as Patrick Bamford, journeyman clogger Liam Cooper (the best centre half they own), pony-tailed pillar of averageness Luke Ayling and 35yr old Pablo Hernandez.

I know you mean it ironically Edna, but it actually can’t be explained to non-Leeds. You just don’t get it. You can’t get it unless you are in. This is Leeds. The natural order of things cannot be denied.

Or some bollocks like that

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Their gung ho attack attack attack style is going to be very interesting to watch when most PL clubs have quicker and more skilful players all over the pitch too. I see a few heavy thumpings bringing them down to earth very early in the season.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well no, Harry, I have no idea what you mean, other than what you post. And what you posted was incorrect.

I stand corrected :bowdown: :lolol:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Their gung ho attack attack attack style is going to be very interesting to watch when most PL clubs have quicker and more skilful players all over the pitch too. I see a few heavy thumpings bringing them down to earth very early in the season.

I can see that happening alongside some impressive victories. Possibility of the infamous Bielsa Burnout late in the season though, which the enforced break perhaps saved them from to some extent this year.

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019

Gung ho attack? They've conceded the fewest goals in the Championship. Of course, Ben White had a big part to play in the that..

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019
For me it's £40M where things become complicated. I'd say we rate him, in todays market, at a value of £20M - £30M. But we want to keep him, that was always the intention, so you can take his value and then add a chunk on top because we are not keen to sell. £40M seems to be the number for me, not so much because of the money, but because most clubs will not being getting close to that figure, all things considered. So if we were to recieve a £40M bid, it would be from the likes of Liverpool etc. If that happened, then we have to think about what to do because it's quite likely that he would be interested in that kind of opportunity if it were to materialize.

It's possible we would still try to keep him, and maybe the price would go even higher, but once we are talking £40M, we are almost certainly talking a top 6 club, and once we are talking a top 6 club, keeping him will be difficult because he may decide he wants to go.

But I doubt anyone will be willing at this stage to go that high, so I expect he will be here next season. His suiters will watch closely how he does in his first season in the Prem. If he does well, his value goes higher and a top 6 club may come in for him for next season, paying as much as £60M if he does as well in the Prem as he did in the Championship (which is not garaunteed, but not impossible either).

I could see maybe City buying him if they sell John Stones (possibly to Leeds). If anything, just to have another English player in their squad.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Wan Bissaka went for £45m after one season in the Premier League. If Ben White is as good as people claim (and my Leeds STH mates say he’s the best CH they’ve seen since Rio Ferdinand) then that sets a benchmark.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Ben White

Wan Bissaka went for £45m after one season in the Premier League. If Ben White is as good as people claim (and my Leeds STH mates say he’s the best CH they’ve seen since Rio Ferdinand) then that sets a benchmark.

Maguire went for £80m when he was 26yrs old.

Let’s see what value White has when he has had a good 4 years at the Albion playing Premier League football.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Ben White

We’re very shrewd negotiators and should we choose to sell £45m, May well be the starting point, but the add-on’s will be significant, and I would suggest could push the final fee closer to £65m - £70m.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Maguire went for £80m when he was 26yrs old.

Let’s see what value White has when he had a good 4 years at the Albion playing Premier League football.

Maguire is a reasonable centre half who Leicester managed to leverage to £80m after Maguire looked reasonable against the likes of Sweden, Colombia, Panama and Tunisia.

Ben White may be a better player. Best way to find out is for him to be given a chance by GP next season and we take things from there after he is part of the England team who win the Euro 2020 tournament next summer.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Unless the sale of White, is what is funding Lallana’s wages... :whistle:

Lallanas wages equate to about £4.5M over the contract. We can cover that with the sale of extra shirts or some U23

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports