Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
I’m sure White would be happy to return to Leeds if BHA accepted a bid. I’m also fairly confident he’d be happy to stay at a more established PL club if they didn’t.

Ah, but he would have a preference....................why would he muck up his pitch here if this is really where he wanted to be, he could easily say the them not interested

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Really? If we get £30+ million for a player that's barely kicked a ball for us, plus some lucrative future add ons in case he develops into a class act then it's unbelievable business for someone that has never played Premier League football, no?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Looking a bit worrying now.

Why? I expect we reject transfer bids on a regular basis. Leeds United are incapable of keeping anything quiet and they are just showing their hand, quite possibly to appease their fans on this one. They must know we’ll reject anything other than a silly bid of around £35m. I’m sure £35m is out of their range.

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
I think if they are that desperate we should hold out for nearer £50m (yes ridiculous). My Leeds friend thinks this is Bielsa's line in the sand in terms of staying.

Agreed.

If this is true, they can't keep Bielsa without signing White. Under those circumstances £30m doesn't seem enough. TB must be having a little chortle at the prospect of either ...
1. Levying a Bielsa surcharge so Leeds can keep their best player AND their manager
2. Depriving Leeds of both

As many have said, it was already a win-win for us whatever happens. This development just makes the wins a lot bigger :lolol:

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Ben White

Really? If we get £30+ million for a player that's barely kicked a ball for us, plus some lucrative future add ons in case he develops into a class act then it's unbelievable business for someone that has never played Premier League football, no?

1) why sell an asset who’s value could potentially double following an England call up?

2) what’s the point of the academy if we don’t even start the lad in our first team in the PL?

You’re looking at £30m in isolation. Yes, our of nowhere that’s great. But you’re not seeing the bigger picture. The Euros are round the corner, if BW develops as expected he could easily be worth twice that if not more.

If we do sell it’s going to have to be a ridiculous bid.

mashman156

Aug 7, 2009
Southampton
Looking a bit worrying now.

Absolutely not worried. Those bids are derisory and we clearly value him much higher. If Leeds meet our valuation then happy days for us. The fact is our academy model is to sustain the club long term, either as players play in the first team or we make substantial profit which can be reinvested.

We didnt have White last season and did ok, so I'm happy to trust the judgement of the club and ride the wave.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I presume, probably stupidly, that Leeds would not bid on a player who wants away. Shirley they would have asked him before trying to purchase otherwise it would all be academic.

He/his agent would encourage their interest as part of his contract negotiations. No reason for Brighton to play along though as he is currently tied into a 2 year contract that can be extended (by us) for another year.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Seems odd that the amounts have been released and the "fact" that he has rejected two contract extension offers from the Albion.

Feels like agent efforts to flag that he's on the market and that he is keen to move away from BHA.

Can't see Bloom etc being very impressed with that.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I can't imagine he will have rejected two contract offers. He's on a two year contract with us, and we have an option for a further year. The ball is firmly in White and his agent's court to negotiate an improved contract with us, I doubt we have been throwing contract offers at him.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Ben White

Seems odd that the amounts have been released and the "fact" that he has rejected two contract extension offers from the Albion.

Feels like agent efforts to flag that he's on the market and that he is keen to move away from BHA.

Can't see Bloom etc being very impressed with that.

I’m convinced the so called “rejected contracts” are twitter fabrications and now being retweeted so much they’ve become gospel.

The Leeds fans are delirious right now, they think Ben Whites on his way.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I’m still seeing an absolute WIN WIN for the Albion if I’m honest.

We either have the best defender in the champ from last season or we get £££££

Can’t see a downside if I’m honest

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
1) why sell an asset who’s value could potentially double following an England call up?

2) what’s the point of the academy if we don’t even start the lad in our first team in the PL?

You’re looking at £30m in isolation. Yes, our of nowhere that’s great. But you’re not seeing the bigger picture. The Euros are round the corner, if BW develops as expected he could easily be worth twice that if not more.

If we do sell it’s going to have to be a ridiculous bid.
The point of the academy is to produce first team players or players that can actually make us a profitable football club rather than relying on a billionaire all the time.

If we get the add on bonuses right then we should be covered. There's no guarantees a player is going to step up to Premier League football. £30 odd million plus bonuses would be great for the club. Yeah he might be worth £60m in time, but he might be worth £15 m if he flops in the Prem. We've basically got to insure ourselves if we do sell him while getting the maximum fee, it is long term thinking to an extent.

As for all the academy stuff, we picked him up after Saints chucked him out and have sent him on a series of loans. I'm not sure our academy has actually contributed that much to his development. He owes us little and (by the sounds of it) wants to leave for a bigger club. Doesn't mean it won't be a great deal for us.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Re his contract, as long as we continue to reject bids and White starts the season in our squad his agent is suddenly not in a great position. How can he suggest to a player that he continues to play on £10/15k per week (guess) when he could sustain a career limiting injury. Three years of that risk is plain stupid. We then tie him down to a five year contract and we really are then in the box seat.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Hmmmmm I suspect he wants to leave, he’s had his head turned by the Leeds (historical) trophy cabinet and ‘massive’ club mentality and the fact he’s being managed by a total footballing genius. To be brutal it’s an easy choice... lol. That said, he’s guaranteed a starting place, especially if the price tag is high enough. Here he’s got to dislodge two superb players at least... he has had his head turned. 30 million, I’d sell him tbh. He’s totally untested at this level... as we’ve all said, 30 million is ridiculous money for a player that represents a risk at this level.

Good luck to him, whatever route he (or, perhaps more pertinently, he’s advised) to follow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here