Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
My money is on BW ultimately signing for Leeds. TB, being the master poker player, has figured out the maximum price he reckons he can extract from Leeds. The company line is 'not for sale' which will remain until Leeds come back with what he considers will be their highest offer, at which point the deal will be done. The number of centre backs we now have suggests to me that this has been the strategy all along.

Absolutely no chance.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Absolutely no chance.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. However, a response of 'not for sale' repeated three times as more and more money was offered, followed by 'we won't sell to Leeds at any price as they are a direct rival' would seem pretty definitive. Any other scenario is speculation and is not based on any evidence.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Absolutely no chance.

I don’t think he will be sold to Leeds under any circumstances and, frankly, I imagine that White understands the gulf between even us and championship standard LUFC. Training with Dunk will have opened his eyes to the standard he will need to reach to compete against sterling, salah, aguerro mane and Aubamameyang rather than slogging it out with QPR and fvcking Barnsley.

They are head mental if they think they’re going to take the PL by storm. Clowns.

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
My money is on BW ultimately signing for Leeds. TB, being the master poker player, has figured out the maximum price he reckons he can extract from Leeds. The company line is 'not for sale' which will remain until Leeds come back with what he considers will be their highest offer, at which point the deal will be done. The number of centre backs we now have suggests to me that this has been the strategy all along.

You seriously think after stating a number of times that he is Not For Sale they will just back track on that?
What do think that will do for TB's reputation?
Absolute Rubbish.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I don’t think he will be sold to Leeds under any circumstances and, frankly, I imagine that White understands the gulf between even us and championship standard LUFC. Training with Dunk will have opened his eyes to the standard he will need to reach to compete against sterling, salah, aguerro mane and Aubamameyang rather than slogging it out with QPR and fvcking Barnsley.

They are head mental if they think they’re going to take the PL by storm. Clowns.

Yeah, I said before that after 5 minutes training with us, with the likes of Dunk and Duffy diving in all over the place, with technical players like Lallana, Alzate, Mac, Tross etc he'd have known this is a very different standard of football.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008

We will shortly see Montoya, Clarke, and Duffy leave. There's even an argument for Bernardo leaving. So give it a few weeks at the amount of defenders we have at the club will be streamlined. As it currently stands White is very much staying and part of first team plans.

If Tony is trying to be clever about money, then he will know that one good season in the Prem with us and Leeds would have to double that £25million bid.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

Agreed. I don't think fans of clubs like Leeds, still trading on glories in the distant past, appreciate the difference in standard that's only grown in the 16 years since they used to be famous. Ben - working with Premier League players in Lancing - will understand that a good solid season in the top flight with a stable, ambitious and well-equipped club is another important step forward to achieving his full potential.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Ben White

Why would we want to sell? And to a rival? Come on, we’re Premier League. What young exciting English prospect would we replace him with?

And we’re not over abundant with Center backs actually with Duffy and Clarke going out.

We have a good talent here. There’s no need to sell. If we need to raise funds there are others in the squad who can go first.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I can tell you've never been to Marseille :lolol:

I have and it is a fantastic city. Pretty rough in parts, specially the arab quarter and Le Panier in the old city, but it is distinctive and interesting. There again I lived in Liverpool for a long time in the 90's and noughties and that was 'interesting' as well lol!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I have and it is a fantastic city. Pretty rough in parts, specially the arab quarter and Le Panier in the old city, but it is distinctive and interesting. There again I lived in Liverpool for a long time in the 90's and noughties and that was 'interesting' as well lol!

Funnily enough, I was thinking that it was a French equivalent of Liverpool. Can't say it's my favourite French city - and the local accent is hideous (another parallel with Liverpool) :lolol:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Funnily enough, I was thinking that it was a French equivalent of Liverpool. Can't say it's my favourite French city - and the local accent is hideous (another parallel with Liverpool) :lolol:

In the few weeks I spent there (Marseille) our van was stolen, a person was shot dead in the little shop next to one my organisation hired in Le Panier whilst we had a meeting and I witnessed a car being broken into and possessions nicked. I saw and knew of a fair amount of nefarious activity in Liverpool, but it was small time in comparison.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC

I think it's a terrible bit of business to give them the player that was the linchpin to their championship success.
They so DESPERATELY need him literally and psychologically.
If we sell him to them and they edge us in a relegation battle, that sees us drop out of the Premier League, it will be the worst piece of business we've done in years (and that includes Locadia).

The money we take home from the Premier League is more important than anything Leeds could raise for Ben White.
We always need three teams to finish below us, and this year looks tougher than ever.

Besides all that, if he really is the second coming, we need to hold on to him. If he's destined for international football and eventually a top 6 club!
We can't attract that level of player until we can prove we are in the running for Europe. #TeamsLikeBrighton and all that.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Tony Bloom's poker playing may give him an edge in negotiations but it has nothing to do with his business brain. Thankfully he has his business hat on when it comes to The Albion and his serious business ventures that let him pump Millions into his football club. He will only sell White when it suits him.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Nah, unlikely in the extreme. He’s part of Potter’s plans.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

Spot on. I, for one, am salivating at the prospect of Liverpool (and I can't stand Liverpool) systematically dismantling Leeds on the opening day of the season. By the time they come off that pitch after 96 minutes spent chasing shadows and trooping back to the centre circle to kick off again every ten minutes, they'll be yearning to play Barnsley again.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Spot on. I, for one, am salivating at the prospect of Liverpool (and I can't stand Liverpool) systematically dismantling Leeds on the opening day of the season.

It's got 4-0 written all over it.

And that's just the first half.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
You know for a fact it’ll be one of those weird first day results , Leeds to win if

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
White now thinking he has a better chance of international honours at Leeds. Off tomorrow IMHO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here