Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
This. Seen Solly score a few screamers as well, particularly prior to his cruciate injury.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely.

One at the Amex about 4 years ago from the edge of the area that nearly put a whole in the net, one of the cleanest strikes you could wish to see. Can’t remember the opposition.

And an absolute beauty in a friendly against Villareal I think about 7 years ago. Stunner.

Not forgetting his 40 yard free kick against Milwall! [emoji23]

He’s got the talent at his feet, issue is all in his head. Desperately hope he’s still with us and kicks on next season.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Only the sun, but just posted https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/12371286/transfer-news-live-messi-inter-cristiano-ronaldo-man-city-liverpool-tottenham/

sun white.jpg

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Absolutely.

One at the Amex about 4 years ago from the edge of the area that nearly put a whole in the net, one of the cleanest strikes you could wish to see. Can’t remember the opposition.

And an absolute beauty in a friendly against Villareal I think about 7 years ago. Stunner.

He’s got the talent at his feet, issue is all in his head. Desperately hope he’s still with us and kicks on next season.

Solly deserves at least another year working under the progressive coaching of GP.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
I don’t think this is going to end well for Leeds.

White will be remembered in Leeds as a talented young player they happened to have borrowed for a while. Similar to us having the services of Martin Keown and Paul Dickov back in the day.

It's not going to end well for them.

If they don't move on they are stuck with a Championship team that's significantly weaker than it was.

They need to get busy in the transfer market.

Probably not the best year to get promoted with the lock-down to be fair.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
This is superb and makes a lot of sense.

Leeds fans won't like it.
Which is why I made a new twitter account and tweeted it out :lol:

https://twitter.com/5impinAintEasy/status/1294779175497334792?s=20

On the contrary, they will think it will piss Ben off and make him force a move. Or they will question why the club are making this public knowledge... maybe it's another signal to Leeds. There are PLENTY of ways the deluded could read that.

Frankly, we'd be nuts to offer him a £50k contract without seeing how he does in the Prem! That's top money at BHA ffs.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Point of order. It's Mike Flynn.

Bryan Flynn is another football manager entirely, most famous for Wrexham's cup exploits and a bit with the Welsh national side.

That isn't a fact though, it's just a matter of opinion.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
On the contrary, they will think it will piss Ben off and make him force a move. Or they will question why the club are making this public knowledge... maybe it's another signal to Leeds. There are PLENTY of ways the deluded could read that.

Frankly, we'd be nuts to offer him a £50k contract without seeing how he does in the Prem! That's top money at BHA ffs.

He'll be worth something from a marketing standpoint. He has made a name for himself thanks to Leeds fans hilarious antics.
He has a good social media following.

But he can't force anything. He's under contract. Even if he refuses to play and we can shove him in the U23s all season. His current contract is not big enough to make any significant difference to us.

He's not Neymar or Coutinho (lol Barcelona).
He's an U23 player under contract whose best option is to sign a better contract.

This whole saga has reminded me that it's 2020. We have a better team. We've been in the Premier League for 3 years and are gradually building a better team and style.
So I'm no longer worried tbh.
Although I'd love to see #FreeBielsa trend through the Barcelona supporters. That would be magic. But I don't think they are that petty or dumb.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
28% accuracy. I suppose a question for you is: what shooting accuracy do you think a predominantly wide utility player like him should have?

Accuracy doesn’t tell you the whole story though does it.

Like several times at the Amex over the last couple of seasons he has only had the keeper to beat and has hit lame shots at the keeper

Technically they will be down as accurate...... But they were crap shots.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham

I wonder what agreed to pay Webster when we signed him? Ben White could expect the same, both facing their first season in the premier league having been arguably the best central defender in the championship the season before.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Solly deserves at least another year working under the progressive coaching of GP.

Did okay under Hughton as well.

I like Solly, but for me the one area of his game he needs to work on is delivery, he hits some gems but the amount of times he over hits or doesn’t clear the first man is frustrating.

Can’t see why we’d sell one of our few natural wide players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I wonder what agreed to pay Webster when we signed him? Ben White could expect the same, both facing their first season in the premier league having been arguably the best central defender in the championship the season before.

Exactly. Seems a good yardstick. This is where we need to consider the team dynamic and not pissing off other players by caving into demands too early. Why pay White more than Webster, unless he proves he deserves it.
Challenge White to show he's worth it. He'll knuckle down and do exactly that and it's a win/win. Good work all round.

Keith Patel

**** off Lino.
Apr 4, 2009
Brighton
Absolutely.

Think it was this one against MK Dons

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here