Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
What kid has got hold of The Argus site, my God.
https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/18653805.transfer-news-ben-white-force-way-liverpool/

Hardly a local paper wanting to get info from the club, acting like this I'd tell them to **** off

Clickbait trollery of the highest order, written by someone whose first language is clearly not english.
#BringBackNaylor
Okay maybe that's going a little too far.

As a side note, their site hardly even functions for me nowadays, it's like my browser has a shit fit figuring out what it's fine to load, "Er, you sure you want to load this garbage, maybe I should just block it all."
"Yes mr/s browser, next time please do."

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Clickbait trollery of the highest order, written by someone whose first language is clearly not english.
#BringBackNaylor
Okay maybe that's going a little too far.

As a side note, their site hardly even functions for me nowadays, it's like my browser has a shit fit figuring out what it's fine to load, "Er, you sure you want to load this garbage, maybe I should just block it all."
"Yes mr/s browser, next time please do."

The Argus website is virtually unusable, especially on an Ipad. I don’t click Argus links any more. The formatting and popup ads are a nightmare. If you eventually manage to get an article up, it’s almost always shite, rehashed from other sources and full of simple typos.

phazza

Aug 17, 2012
As I posted a little earlier, yes Leeds deserve some credit in his development, by playing him all season, however Leeds were interested in a loan before White went to Peterborough, It was Bielsa who was not sure at the time. Maybe if he had taken White on loan then it may be a different story and White may be a Leeds player.

None of that matters. Brighton are his team. They are the ones looking at where’s best for him to go to. Then as long as the player and both clubs agree the agreement ( which in this case was to lend Leeds a player to help them in their objective and the player with his continued development) then it happens. Brighton have seen Ben White do very well in a decent team with a good coach in the division below and now believe he is ready for the Premier league . They intend to do this next season. So he’s not for sale! Let’s move on.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Woke up to a lot of #FreeBenWhite stuff. Instagram messages and that Office celeb etc.

I'm really starting to think that Bielsa's contract is contingent on Ben White's signature or simply a CB of similar calibre.

It's all a bit too odd frankly and looks desperate.

Bielsa still hasn't signed and the latest stories say "Marcelo Bielsa is yet to sign a new contract at Leeds because he has been too busy celebrating their promotion to the Premier League.".

SOURCE

I suspect he will sign, and honestly would like to see what he can do with that team (without White) in the Premier League and a fan base that expects to be in the top 6.

Last edited:

St Leonards Seagull

Jul 10, 2012
What kid has got hold of The Argus site, my God.
https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/18653805.transfer-news-ben-white-force-way-liverpool/

Hardly a local paper wanting to get info from the club, acting like this I'd tell them to **** off

It’s probably one of the easiest places to play centre half in the premier league alongside VVD who has carried any other centre half playing along side him for the last couple of years.
The second centre half has been up for grabs for a while.
I’m not sure it’s particularly helpful for the Albion, the Argus writing this though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I dont rate Proper at all (awaits stat attack)

#PrettyPleaseFreeDavy

I don't rate 90% of Mooy's output and have frequently said so, while being even more annoyed by the other 10%.
I have begrudgingly written a couple of negative lines about Solly.
I openly mock Murray.
I have repeatedly said what I believe to be wrong with Ali J.
I got off the BDB bus back in the winter.

Just proving what a shiteshow this place is because I'm the happy clapper. :lolol:

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
None of that matters. Brighton are his team. They are the ones looking at where’s best for him to go to. Then as long as the player and both clubs agree the agreement ( which in this case was to lend Leeds a player to help them in their objective and the player with his continued development) then it happens. Brighton have seen Ben White do very well in a decent team with a good coach in the division below and now believe he is ready for the Premier league . They intend to do this next season. So he’s not for sale! Let’s move on.

The thing of interest would have been if we had pulled the deal with Leeds because they wanted the buy option, or even the reservations White had after the training session, would we have sent Matt Clarke to Leeds instead?

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I don't rate 90% of Mooy's output and have frequently said so, while being even more annoyed by the other 10%.
I have begrudgingly written a couple of negative lines about Solly.
I openly mock Murray.
I have repeatedly said what I believe to be wrong with Ali J.
I got off the BDB bus back in the winter.

Just proving what a shiteshow this place is because I'm the happy clapper. :lolol:

Don't forget, he's yet to apologise for refusing to clap us fans. You're not being negative. You're being strong.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
You can say that as it is an opinion. However, many on here say things like "Propper can not pass" and "march can not cross" and "gross does not create". These are all not opinions but false as there are stats that show them to be false statements.
There is a difference between these two. A lot of people these days, in many areas not just football, are using opinion as fact and when corrected try and claim "it's an opinion it can be what I want" despite the fact being the opposite.
So yes, you are perfectly fine not to rate Propper. But if you say you do not rate him because X, just make sure that is true first!

March cannot shoot. FACT.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
March cannot shoot. FACT.

He could in the olden days, and I'm convinced the ability to 'have a pop' was mentally drained from all players under CH when we got promoted. Like it meant we'd lose posession , conceed and lose a game in a flash.

CH did have a point, it can and has happened!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In 2016 after watching Ben White in the u23's Brighton realised that he had potential. A decision was made by CH and the backroom staff at all levels that it would be beneficial to send him out on loan. The club drew up a development plan on what level and to what clubs would best suit Ben's development. You don't just ring up any club and tell them they have a player who they want to send out on loan, will you take him. Due diligence and a lengthy process identifies the club's suitable for him.it's about how stable that club is, the type of football they play and what the manager is like.
Newport county was decided, Ben White improved under the tutelage of Bryan Flynn. Even to the extent that he stood out whilst playing against Leeds in the FA cup. This was noted by the Leeds development people. Brighton would have their own people watching his playing time and regular contact between representatives of Brighton and Newport along with Brighton's player liaison officers with the player himself. Video highlights of game time would also be sent back to Brighton. After the loan and season finished It was Brighton original plan to send White out again to a league 1 side, Brighton had a shortlist of clubs from league 1. Leeds made an enquiry about a possible loan move to them, but Bielsa was still not convinced, White continued to excel in the Brighton U23, and at the end of 2018 a decision was made to loan White out again, this time to Peterborough until the end on the 2019 season.
On his return It was decided another loan to a championship team would be ideal, a shortlist of teams were identified, Leeds and Derby were the top of the list. Brighton prefered the Leeds loan, due to them just missing out on Promotion, and expectant fan base, along with the type of football Leeds had played the previous season. It was about how he can handle the pressure. Leeds agreed but on the condition of a right to buy for £8 million at the end. Brighton said no, and began to set in motion a loan to Derby. Leeds then advised Brighton that they would take White on loan.
During his time on loan regular dialogue between both clubs took place, along with regular meetings between Brighton development officers and the player himself. The loan was nearly cut short as White had some doubts about how he was coping, as Bielsa training and fitness regime was tough. The rest is history.

With regards to Brighton signing new players a lot of work goes on behind the scenes. Take for instance the Maty Ryan transfer, Brighton had already identified him as someone they were interested in some 15 months before he put pen to paper.

Point of order. It's Mike Flynn.

Bryan Flynn is another football manager entirely, most famous for Wrexham's cup exploits and a bit with the Welsh national side.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Bryan Flynn is another football manager entirely, most famous for Wrexham's cup exploits and a bit with the Welsh national side.

Flynn flam

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Probably more so for his career at Burnley and Leeds. Wasn’t he just over 5’ in height?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here