Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
In the real world, there is no way that any club is paying 15m for March.

hope not, we couldnt replace for that much.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I am looking forward to the meltdown when they play a top six club, hopefully on day 1, and get a 6 or 7 goal thrashing. Or even better play us and we hand one out, except we don’t do thrashings do we? :down:

To reference a post I made elsewhere I could see Man United Leeds being an early game due to the convenience of no fans and a significant reality check

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Rose tinted glasses again. The gulf for Ben stepping up with us is the same as the gulf for Leeds coming up.

His value is certainly not guaranteed to increase. Let's wait until he's kicked a ball against some decent teams before counting speculative future fees.

Not what I said:

“Worth the same or could potentially increase”.

To reiterate there is no requirement to sell now, especially for a derisory amount. At minimum he’ll be worth the same in a year. But more than likely worth more after a season in the PL and possible England call ups.

You seem to be tying yourself in knots trying to convince us to sell one of the hottest English properties in football.

I genuinely don’t get your case. Please explain how selling Ben White for £30m benefits us as a club going forward?

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
makes me laugh all the anti leeds stuff on here due to a few bellends that shout loudest on twitter and social media.

They have a big fanbase so they will have more twats to be heard.

A quick look on social media shows we have plenty of tools as well , doesnt mean the whole fan base are.

In the real world i imagine most Leeds fans are pretty reasonable about it. All the vitriol back to the few that mouth off just makes us look like twats as well.

You are quite right. Empty vessels make the most noise and all that. It's so hard to fight the urge to remind these deluded, ignorant and ungrateful pillocks that they are wrong though.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
If Ben White goes and we make a huge wad of cash that can be used to strengthen the club, so be it. We’ve still got a very sound defence. Job done. If Ben White stays and plays and turns out to be very good indeed, also job done.

Great position to be in. Pity poor Leeds, who would need to blow a huge chunk of their promotion budget just to stand still.

If Ben White goes up the football ladder towards top 6 - agreed and with our blessing and best wishes to a talented young man.
If Ben White stays agreed - After a careful development path we will get to enjoy our talented player.

But........Under no circumstances (leaving aside they're a relegation rival in the real world that exists outside their own delusions) - after totally muggy and arrogant behaviour by their tosser fans, demeaning Leeds journos writing shit, stoking the flames and some directors trying to do business in public with outlandish statements to unsettle player - White simply must not be sold to Leeds.

If there could have been a chance before, if done in the correct professional manner, Leeds co-ordinated attempts at trying to publicly bully their preferred result, must not set a precedent that this is acceptable - it must be met with a big fat f*** off.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
You say that but if we were offered the following for £15m what would you think?

91 appearances in Premier League in last 3 seasons
Age 26
England under 20 and under 21 international

We would certainly pay £15m for that type of experience and lots on here would be licking their lips at that price.

I know NSC is full of some odd sorts, but you're talking shite if you think that we'd be getting excited at signing a utility squad player from a lower half side. And England caps at U21 level mean nothing when you're 26. Solly was a good Championship player for us, but he's no more than held his own at PL level.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

Laugable, Thats almost as pathetic and tinpot as the change.org petition that had 6 signatures -

Amex is primarily a high interest charge card - The higher earning Leeds fans that may have one, I'm sure aren't going to give up their Avios or free airport lounges for some bedroom warrior dickhead.

99%+ of the #freebenwhite muppets wont have an amex card. Not that Amex would take the slightest notice.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
I know NSC is full of some odd sorts, but you're talking shite if you think that we'd be getting excited at signing a utility squad player from a lower half side. And England caps at U21 level mean nothing when you're 26. Solly was a good Championship player for us, but he's no more than held his own at PL level.

Held his own at PL level is worth about £15m isn't it?

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Not what I said:

“Worth the same or could potentially increase”.

To reiterate there is no requirement to sell now, especially for a derisory amount. At minimum he’ll be worth the same in a year. But more than likely worth more after a season in the PL and possible England call ups.

You seem to be tying yourself in knots trying to convince us to sell one of the hottest English properties in football.

I genuinely don’t get your case. Please explain how selling Ben White for £30m benefits us as a club going forward?

How is keeping him going to take us forward? We have no issues in defence.

To me you're contradicting yourself in suggesting how Leeds will struggle next season yet not acknowledging Ben could too.

You wrongly suggest his value can only go one way.

You're over valuing a player which we don't necessarily need in our squad next season.

You haven't acknowledged his value could actually fall given a poor season or bad injury.

He is an unknown quantity against sides with the quality the majority of teams have in the PL.

If the money is right we would be stupid not to take it.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
And England caps at U21 level mean nothing when you're 26. Solly was a good Championship player for us, but he's no more than held his own at PL level.

And £15m is supposedly more than we got for Knocky, who was Championship PoS a few years back and has been promoted with three different clubs now. There's no way that March is more valuable than Knockaert

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
And £15m is supposedly more than we got for Knocky, who was Championship PoS a few years back and has been promoted with three different clubs now. There's no way that March is more valuable than Knockaert

The last two Albion managers have preferred him in the PL though :shrug:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Well Knockaert is 27, has had a mixed PL career with both us and Leicester and was sold for c£10m with apparently substantial add ons (ie: Fulham being promoted) so Solly - if he is for sale - is presumably in a similar ball park price wise. Under Hughton he was an ever present - thats the very definition of holding your own at a PL level.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Laugable, Thats almost as pathetic and tinpot as the change.org petition that had 6 signatures -

Amex is primarily a high interest charge card - The higher earning Leeds fans that may have one, I'm sure aren't going to give up their Avios or free airport lounges for some bedroom warrior dickhead.

99%+ of the #freebenwhite muppets wont have an amex card. Not that Amex would take the slightest notice.

Bloke* in Barnstaple Sainsburys, stacking trollies, spotted my orange away top this morning and told me about this tomfoolery.

*A Brighton supporter. We have supporters working in Sainsbury in Barnstaple. This proves that we are fast become a big club, like Leeds.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Rose tinted glasses again. The gulf for Ben stepping up with us is the same as the gulf for Leeds coming up.

His value is certainly not guaranteed to increase. Let's wait until he's kicked a ball against some decent teams before counting speculative future fees.

Indeed. Let's not settle for the speculative value Leeds have put on him at this point.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel

The homegrown quota might mean that’s not true.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The homegrown quota might mean that’s not true.

Yes, that's a good point. But I still can't see March being worth anywhere near as much as Knocky. I know that the latter was inconsistent at PL level but he did turn it on occasionally, March has never done so.

He tracks back and does a good, solid job but wingers should be match winners - not all the time, that's what you get with wingers, but should turn it on some time

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
You wouldn't consider Chris Wood then? Apparently could be going to Lazio.

I would take him on.punk:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Well Knockaert is 27, has had a mixed PL career with both us and Leicester and was sold for c£10m with apparently substantial add ons (ie: Fulham being promoted) so Solly - if he is for sale - is presumably in a similar ball park price wise. Under Hughton he was an ever present - thats the very definition of holding your own at a PL level.

Pretty sure it was £10mil plus a £4mil or so loan fee for this season - so something around £15mil plus add ons. With Fulham going up, it may be closer to £20mil than £15mil.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here