Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ben White buys house in Worthing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Someone said it was on his Instagram. Can't see anything there.

My point is that it should be hearsay unless confirmed really.

Will it ever be confirmed? Can't see Ben White advertising the fact he has bought a house all over Instagram. Lenny Rider is a reliable poster and given his Worthing connections...

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
No doubting [MENTION=17322]Lenny Rider[/MENTION] has been told this.

But unless there is some kind of affirmation I just don't accept these things as facts. Just possibilities. There is a interfact going round about him having bought one in York. I view that in the same way.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

But unless there is some kind of affirmation I just don't accept these things as facts. Just possibilities. There is a interfact going round about him having bought one in York. I view that in the same way.

It was posted on here in the Ben White thread, someone told Lenny and he posted on here. It's probably the same unconfirmed source but fun nonetheless!

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It was posted on here in the Ben White thread, someone told Lenny and he posted on here. It's probably the same unconfirmed source but fun nonetheless!

Oh, indeed. It's fun. If only to see Leeds United fans assuming it is fact and then going into meltdown saying how Bielsa has let him go because he is about to turn another cutting of mouldy dung into the next Bobby Moore.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Well I live 20 mins from Leeds training ground, in Wetherby, where the manager and most players live. No word yet on Ben White buying a property. And Leeds fans cant keep quiet...they posted Marcelo Bielsa house on Facebook when they went up courtesy of Huddersfield beating West Brom. They turned up en mass outside his flat....poor bloke couldn't get to sleep.
Didn’t Leed’s fans say he had bought a house about 20 mins from their training ground up North a month or so ago.

Talk about hedging your bets [emoji38]ol:

Calling [MENTION=41536]Killer Whale[/MENTION]

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

The house in York was tweeted by someone supposedly knowing his girlfriend’s father so file under a salt mountain.

I thought NSC Twitter started the Worthing house rumour, with Worthing FC joining in the fun.
The reality is the young chap has been enjoying his two holidays & probably hasn’t even had time for house hunting.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
To truly understand this development I feel we need some allusions from the greats of literature.

Ben wandered lonely as a cloud,
That floats o'er Yorkshire dales and hill,
When all at once he saw a crowd,
A team that would showcase his skill,
Returned and bought a house did he,
In good old Sussex by the sea.

(with apologies to Wordsworth)

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Surely Bozza can confirm either way considering he tweeted it originally? Or am I missing something!

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010

My daughter Amy is also house hunting in Worthing but the house was out of her price range.

Shall we have a charity wager old boy, if he hasn’t bought this house in Worthing, I will donate £100 to the Parkinson’s Society Worthing Branch, but will you do the same once it’s confirmed?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
My daughter Amy is also house hunting in Worthing but the house was out of her price range.

Shall we have a charity wager old boy, if he hasn’t bought this house in Worthing, I will donate £10000 to the Parkinson’s Society Worthing Branch, but will you do the same once it’s confirmed?

Extremely generous

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
****ing hell, NSC :lolol:

Two threads and a twitter post, one from the site admin and one from someone with links to a large number of business people in Worthing and the club - NSC says "gotta be bullshit".

Random thread from Carlos Startathread who's spent two minutes on unreliable twitter transfer bots and decided it's nailed on we're signing Martial, Jordan Henderson and Messi - NSC "well, it might be true" followed by a 30 page binfest.

:wozza:

Of course it's true you CLOWNS.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Extremely generous

:lolol:

I'd probably go on £10,000 to £100 where [MENTION=17322]Lenny Rider[/MENTION] is concerned here. But the point I made was not one of denial, only acceptance upon hearing the facts. If I was sure it wasn't the truth I would happily take on such a bet. But I'm not. I simply don't accept stuff as gospel until I know it is so.

However, his desire to add a financial risk to his statement, and my confidence in his integrity, leads me to believe it may have legs.

Perhaps we should add a speculation caveat that any similar reports should always be reported with a bet offer. Mind you, it may reduce the number of threads on the forum !

Sincere apologies to Mr Rider if my doubt caused offence, but I read so much of this type of speculation that it becomes a tired and defaulting response.

Last edited:

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
****ing hell, NSC :lolol:

Two threads and a twitter post, one from the site admin and one from someone with links to a large number of business people in Worthing and the club - NSC says "gotta be bullshit".

Random thread from Carlos Startathread who's spent two minutes on unreliable twitter transfer bots and decided it's nailed on we're signing Martial, Jordan Henderson and Messi - NSC "well, it might be true" followed by a 30 page binfest.

:wozza:

Of course it's true you CLOWNS.

Two things at work. One set of speculation is accompanied by a, mostly rational, disbelief or caution in what has been said. 'Interfact' or so to speak. It's a legacy that all the actual bullcrap out there leaves upon what may be true, as indeed this might be.

The other is accompanied by an emotional and irrational hope that it may be true. This over-rides all natural senses and it becomes true.

Surely you are not surprised by this. We're football fans after all.

As for me, as you can see, I don't accept anything as gospel until it is proven so. No-one should take offence.

Given how my Facebook feed is full of random shit that people I know to be of sound mind share, It's probably why I only ever respond to pictures of cute kittens and cricket grounds.

Last edited:

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Photos from my walk up to Worthing Station this morning.

attachment.php

I think this is confirmation....

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
:lolol:

I'd probably go on £10,000 to £100 where [MENTION=17322]Lenny Rider[/MENTION] is concerned here. But the point I made was not one of denial, only acceptance upon hearing the facts. If I was sure it wasn't the truth I would happily take on such a bet. But I'm not. I simply don't accept stuff as gospel until I know it is so.

However, his desire to add a financial risk to his statement, and my confidence in his integrity, leads me to believe it may have legs.

Perhaps we should add a speculation caveat that any similar reports should always be reported with a bet offer. Mind you, it may reduce the number of threads on the forum !

Sincere apologies to Mr Rider if my doubt caused offence, but I read so much of this type of speculation that it becomes a tired and defaulting response.

Nah I’m with you and we all know bods in that industry are loaded :whistle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here