Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ben Roberts gone too

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
I wanted to feel benevolent toward him leaving , but he has ripped the heart from this club , so he can F@ck right off ! .

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Me and the lad did 3 games in a week. West Ham, FGR and Leeds. We won the lot and I remember telling him "Enjoy it, it's not always like this" but **** me I didn't expect the entire coaching staff to piss off 2 weeks later and this shit show to develop in my worst nightmares.

Tony Bloom is a legend. I'd be tempted to jack the lot in off the back of that.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Just asking very quietly (if Chelsea haven't spotted them - don't want to draw attention) but is the recruiting team still with us?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Just asking very quietly (if Chelsea haven't spotted them - don't want to draw attention) but is the recruiting team still with us?

They’ve taken the assistant head of recruitment (who identified Cucurella & Caicedo) as well I’m afraid

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I believe the average wage for a GK coach in the PL is somewhere around £150k a year and I imagine he'll triple that in Chelsea.

The difference between £150k and maybe £500k... could you really blame him for going or GP for asking if he'd be interested in that?

But didn't Potter bring him in with him? Not previously part of our recruitment team?

Yes, brought him to Östersund about 10 years ago and later to Swansea and then Brighton.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I believe the average wage for a GK coach in the PL is somewhere around £150k a year and I imagine he'll triple that in Chelsea.

The difference between £150k and maybe £500k... could you really blame him for going or GP for asking if he'd be interested in that?

Yes, brought him to Östersund about 10 years ago and later to Swansea and then Brighton.

Made up figures I believe

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
They’ve taken the assistant head of recruitment (who identified Cucurella & Caicedo) as well I’m afraid

We didn't lose our Head of Recruitment or all of our scouts.

And all of the data and systems we use to analyse players will still be ours too.

We were into stats before Potter's sidekick arrived.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I assume all the coaches get a 5 year contract too.
So if they get the boot with Potter, they get the contracts paid up.

If so, fair play to them all.
That's an impossibly good deal.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Is that really true or was it Tony's Star Lizard data algorithm that flagged them up ?

An article on the athletic certainly attributed it to him

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here