Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ben Marshall

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I hope you also added his other mistake, 1 of 2 major mistakes he has made , not bringing in another striker knowing the situation of BZ and Sam Baldok.:) Other than that he has done really well and will continue to do so for another month I hope.

So much for never mentioning it again. I knew it wouldn't last.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It really, really isn't.

Given that our only recognised strikers as of July will be Hemed and Baldock, supplementing those will be our overwhelming priority.

(That and keeping hold of Kayal, Stephens, Stockdale, Dunk and Goldson)

Unless we go up of course, in which case signing a replacement for Adam bloody Chicksen, as back up left back will be roughly fifteenth on our list of priorities.

My assertion about a replacement for Chicksen was made on the assumption that we do not get promoted: if we do there will be many players needed, probably about 5 with the existing becoming the back up squad players.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I hope you also added his other mistake, 1 of 2 major mistakes he has made , not bringing in another striker knowing the situation of BZ and Sam Baldok.:) Other than that he has done really well and will continue to do so for another month I hope.

I agree completely that it is was a mistake not bringing in another striker but, of course, that depends upon whether or not a suitable one was available at the time.

BUT, whereas he perhaps was aware that BZ might not be available for even 30/40 minutes per game, something has happened to derail his planning, something of which we mere mortals remain unaware.

At the time of the closing of the loan window however, CH could not have known that SB would suffer a hamstring tweek (hopefully only that) but perhaps he should have consulted mystic Meg.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I agree completely that it is was a mistake not bringing in another striker but, of course, that depends upon whether or not a suitable one was available at the time.

BUT, whereas he perhaps was aware that BZ might not be available for even 30/40 minutes per game, something has happened to derail his planning, something of which we mere mortals remain unaware.

At the time of the closing of the loan window however, CH could not have known that SB would suffer a hamstring tweek (hopefully only that) but perhaps he should have consulted mystic Meg.

Without going into this again , as Thunder Bolt will get the hump, Sam Baldock went off injured prior to the loan window closing and IIRC missed a gam because of 'his tight hamstring' which is apparently the problem, so Mystic Meg wasnt needed. just insurance if needed.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I'd love us to sign Marshall, very versatile also.

Would be a great addition, knows Duffy so should increase our chances

And we have been interested before so seems possible.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Marshall is reportedly out of contract at the end of the season and Blackburn still want £2m for him. Is he premier league quality?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Marshall is reportedly out of contract at the end of the season and Blackburn still want £2m for him.
£2m seems unrealistic. Do they really want to throw £2m away?

GAZNODDY

Aug 4, 2016
I'd love us to sign Marshall, very versatile also.

Would be a great addition, knows Duffy so should increase our chances

And we have been interested before so seems possible.

His family are also friends with the Norwoods. Don't think it will happen though

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Makes sense as Bruno's replacement (he can't go on forever) next season.

We've only got one fullback under contract next year ( Rosenior ) so it makes sense to be looking at this area, with next season in mind. I suspect Bruno may get another year though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here