Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ben Marshall

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Next season, especially if we're in the PL, we'll have to be looking to replace some of our ageing defenders - Calde certainly (sorry!), Greer very probably - and we'll just have to hope whatever youth serum Bruno is on doesn't turn out to be illegal! In those circumstances, Marshall might be a good option, although Blackburn may well scupper any deal by demanding too much.

It wasn't just Blackburn who scuppered the deal. Marshall didn't see Brighton as a club that would be chasing a Premiership place. He might have a different view on that after the season we have had. Blackburn are millions in debt and Marshall has only 12 months on his contract now so they are in no position to play hard ball on any deal now.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I suspect Calderon will join Jones at Luton if he leaves

I think it will be Crawley just because of the geographical location which would facilitate him to continue with all his other work he does for Brighton

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Nothing to do with Ben Marshall, but I hate the thought of Calde leaving. :(

I would like to think there's a non-playing role of some kind for him here whenever he wants it - the club can surely always make use of people like him.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Nothing to do with Ben Marshall, but I hate the thought of Calde leaving. :(

I would like to think there's a non-playing role of some kind for him here whenever he wants it - the club can surely always make use of people like him.

Never mind Calde (who IMO was lucky to get another year - legend or not), what about Bruno?

Surely his performances have warranted a further 12 months.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Totally agree about Bruno, but Calde is just...Calde. I will be genuinely saddened when he's not in our squad anymore.

True but if the guy himself wants to continue to play, you cant accommodate it out of sentiment.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Marshall is a poor right back. Completely unable to block crosses, a strong point (amongst others) of Bruno.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You have started me off again our priority in the summer is to replace Chicksen as Rosenior or Goldson can cover Bruno if needed. That is assuming Calderon is released as I wwould expect. It is all dependant on which Division we are in next year.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
You have started me off again our priority in the summer is to replace Chicksen as Rosenior or Goldson can cover Bruno if needed. That is assuming Calderon is released as I wwould expect. It is all dependant on which Division we are in next year.

It really, really isn't.

Given that our only recognised strikers as of July will be Hemed and Baldock, supplementing those will be our overwhelming priority.

(That and keeping hold of Kayal, Stephens, Stockdale, Dunk and Goldson)

Unless we go up of course, in which case signing a replacement for Adam bloody Chicksen, as back up left back will be roughly fifteenth on our list of priorities.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

Don't worry BG

I have already told Chris how horrified you were on how he dealt with the left back situation. He promises to get it sorted for you for next season. I do believe he has already been on the phone to J-Lloyd Samuel as you suggested :)

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
2 quality strikers is all we need if we dont go up. As long as we keep hold of everyone else.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Don't worry BG

I have already told Chris how horrified you were on how he dealt with the left back situation. He promises to get it sorted for you for next season. I do believe he has already been on the phone to J-Lloyd Samuel as you suggested :)

I hope you also added his other mistake, 1 of 2 major mistakes he has made , not bringing in another striker knowing the situation of BZ and Sam Baldok.:) Other than that he has done really well and will continue to do so for another month I hope.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I hope you also added his other mistake, 1 of 2 major mistakes he has made , not bringing in another striker knowing the situation of BZ and Sam Baldok.:) Other than that he has done really well and will continue to do so for another month I hope.

That's sorted as well. Leon Best has accepted his contract offer

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here