Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ben Foster Predicts Brighton to be Relegated

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Or a current player might know a lot more about what he's saying than the office Tea Boy that 4-4-2 and others get to do their annual predictions? :shrug:

I can't imagine Foster will play a lot.

Didn’t say he didn’t. But did I mention I find it unprofessional?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
White gone, Lamptey probably on a treatment table for most of the season. That's all our pace and creativity in transition on our right gone for God knows how long. I'm more worried about it than the mythical striker.

I think we all realise that we will more than likely have another season, where we're going to struggle.
It's in the BHAFC dna.
I find being positive about what we have in the way of players will suffice, and if players come back from injury, this will be a boost for us.
It's obvious that no mythical striker is coming, as the club won't pay over the top for a player, that might be a second Locadia.
We are not going to set the PL alight anytime soon, so as long as we continue playing the attractive football and scoring goals along the way, I'll be happy :thumbsup:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Didn't we have this sort of thing last summer? signed Lallana and Veltman early doors then that was it until Wellbeck signed after the start of the season? Suddenly it went from doom and gloom to excitement?

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
White gone, Lamptey probably on a treatment table for most of the season. That's all our pace and creativity in transition on our right gone for God knows how long. I'm more worried about it than the mythical striker.

It would be great to have Tariq back, but we actually averaged more points per game in the 27 league games we played without him, than we did in the 11 games he played: 1.148:0.909.

I'm not saying that he is not a miss, just that he is not a new miss. White has gone and that may hurt us, but Mwepu has arrived and that may help us.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It would be great to have Tariq back, but we actually averaged more points per game in the 27 league games we played without him, than we did in the 11 games he played: 1.148:0.909.

I'm not saying that he is not a miss, just that he is not a new miss. White has gone and that may hurt us, but Mwepu has arrived and that may help us.

It's specifically missing BOTH of them that I'm on about. The only time that happened last season we lost to bottom of the table Sheffield United.

The options appear to be a conventional back 4 with JV as an authentic right back, JV at right centre back with Gross or another midfielder filling in at RWB or Duffy in a back three. Eek.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Sadly, I agree with him.

Unless we do some good transfer business in the next couple of weeks, I can't see us avoiding the drop for a 5th consecutive season. We certainly can't rely on 3 teams being far worse than us again, and with injuries mounting already, and unless Connolly has vastly improved over the summer - I'm not optimistic about our chances this time.

Rely on 3 worse teams :shrug:

We’ve got 40 or more points in 3 out of our 4 PL seasons, how on earth is that relying on other teams?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Rely on 3 worse teams :shrug:

We’ve got 40 or more points in 3 out of our 4 PL seasons, how on earth is that relying on other teams?

It’s one of the tired lines the miners like to say :lol: here we go - the season on NSC is officially on the way…

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Eurosport has us finishing 13th with Palace in 17th
Ben Foster has us relegated
most other pundits between 12-17th

What does this tell us?

It tells us that Pundits, like us punters basically know nothing, its guess work,there are simply too many variables to actually come up with a realistic prediction for the whole table- yes the usual suspects will finish top third, then its a scrap.

The so called "super computer" changes the prediction after every match, also proving its as super as BBC Basic from 1980

Getting our knickers in a twist because a couple of so called experts has us relegated, but ignoring the rest who say we wont makes no sense.

Foster is no more qualified than the Eurosport guy who says 13th, why give more weight to one than the other.
If we are going to take any heed of pundits lets use an average position from all of them and then see where we are.

Personally I think they are all as bad as each other- some will be lucky and get it right, some wont. If they actually all knew what they were talking about, they would all come up with the same predictions, but they don't

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Based on summer activity he maybe right but I suspect we will make a few signings before the transfer window closes, which will change that! #keepthefaith

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
If we don’t I think it starts to lend credence to the claims by some outside the club (dismissed by many on here) that we aren’t in especially rude financial health after all…

Last summer we circa £10m on transfer fees, this summer we have spent the same. Compared to what the vast majority of other PL clubs have spent I would suggest something isn’t right financially.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I’ve backed us to go down at 8-1. Too good a price to ignore given the window we’ve had. Also had a bet on Chelsea top 2, United top four, Brighton bottom half and Palace to get relegated at 20-1

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Watching sky sports news this morning they had a couple of journos on and were asked who they thought of the non-promoted teams would be in for a difficult season. Fully expected us to be mentioned given our lack of signings up front but they both thought Newcastle and Burnley.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
It's specifically missing BOTH of them that I'm on about. The only time that happened last season we lost to bottom of the table Sheffield United.

The options appear to be a conventional back 4 with JV as an authentic right back, JV at right centre back with Gross or another midfielder filling in at RWB or Duffy in a back three. Eek.

Solly at LB in that flat back 4 :facepalm:
At LWB maybe ? He did ok prior to the injury
But Solly never will be an out and out LB
Along with BW2 s often demanded striker
LB is an essential need

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Last summer we circa £10m on transfer fees, this summer we have spent the same. Compared to what the vast majority of other PL clubs have spent I would suggest something isn’t right financially.

Correct about last summer spending but don’t forget the transfer window closed late last year. The two Poles and Zeqri were about £19m in total. What we also won’t know will be the signing on fees for AL and DW last season who were free agents.

This season is closer to circa £20m already with Mwepu and the Ajax keeper signed already and hopefully the longed for striker will materialise soon.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

We also drew with Sheffield United with both of them in the side and we had neither of them during 2019/20. Potter usually finds a way to adapt his squad.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Or a current player might know a lot more about what he's saying than the office Tea Boy that 4-4-2 and others get to do their annual predictions? :shrug:

Why? Did he attend the pre-season trainings or something or why would he know more about Brighton than anyone else?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Some bloke on the Guardian football podcast also predicted relegation for similar reasons ... just another reason to ignore opinions from that dodgy news SAUCE [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Guardian review also said we would probably finish 14th....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here