Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bellend & Hove Albion

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
If this is about players with a bad attitude or players who had a run-in with the law?
Micky Thomas is in on both counts

100% this.
We paid very good money for him and he went public saying that he regretted signing for us.
He spent most of his time driving up and down the motorway to his family in North Wales on the club's expense.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Yes I'm aware of that. You said he 'refused to play'???

I thought that was the case. Remember being at Watford and we out out pretty much a full strength team except for Benno.

If I'm wrong I'll take it back.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I don't think Benno should be on the list. Top bloke and has always been massively positive about the Albion since leaving. Don't think he left badly at all either.

Leon Knight is a complete and utter bell end with no redeeming qualities whatsoever. I'm almost embarrassed that I used to like him for being a good player for us. He's a cock.

I believe he and McCammon were pretty good mates, which is understandable....

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He spent most of his time driving up and down the motorway to his family in North Wales on the club's expense.

Apart from when he was shagging the sister of a girl I knew.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I thought that was the case. Remember being at Watford and we out out pretty much a full strength team except for Benno.

If I'm wrong I'll take it back.

Yes I think it was but I thought Gus chose to leave him out - pretty sure he didn't refuse to play and was a names sub etc..

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Can't believe no-one's mentioned Kemy!

PG

His crime was pretending to be a footballer.

I was working for a customer recently who works for a charity, I must have mentioned I was an Albion fan as she asked me if a Jermain ( spelling? ) was still playing.
I didn't have a clue who she meant, she said he was a lovely Dutch chap and he regularly helped out at this charity, she said everyone at the charity liked him.

Jermain is Kemy.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Dean Hammond's goal celebration and abusive gestures to the south stand upon his return with Southampton left a bad taste for a while. I guess he kind of redeemed himself later though?

How has no one mentioned Dean Hammond yet? Maybe not questionable when playing in the Albions colours, but an enormous CJTC towards our fans whilst at the Scummers
There you go. A couple of pages back.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
His crime was pretending to be a footballer.

I was working for a customer recently who works for a charity, I must have mentioned I was an Albion fan as she asked me if a Jermain ( spelling? ) was still playing.
I didn't have a clue who she meant, she said he was a lovely Dutch chap and he regularly helped out at this charity, she said everyone at the charity liked him.

Jermain is Kemy.

I'm delighted he was doing some thing good and useful while he was here.

PG

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Don't think I heard the Davies incident before? Do explain!

Gus was the manager and Davies, thinking it was funny, released a smoke bomb (or something similar) in the dressing room after a training session. Gus was less than impressed and they had an argument about it, which obviously ended with Davies being packed off and sent somewhere unpleasant.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
For me, its a player whose name escapes me. He 'played' in defence during the Gillingham years. He gifted Brentford 2 goals in August 98. At a home game (his last for us) someone actually tapped the ball past him and ran round him to lay on a goal. I heard he was a bully to his missus, in a very unpleasant way, too. And thought he was doing us a massive favour by agreeing to play for us.

To that I'll add Lauro. He spent 4 years with us and it may as well have been a bad bank holiday weekend in one of less comfortable hotels, with extra wind and rain. No respect.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
For me, its a player whose name escapes me. He 'played' in defence during the Gillingham years. He gifted Brentford 2 goals in August 98. At a home game (his last for us) someone actually tapped the ball past him and ran round him to lay on a goal. I heard he was a bully to his missus, in a very unpleasant way, too. And thought he was doing us a massive favour by agreeing to play for us.

To that I'll add Lauro. He spent 4 years with us and it may as well have been a bad bank holiday weekend in one of less comfortable hotels, with extra wind and rain. No respect.

Glenn Thomas? Brentford away '98 was my first non-Priestfield away game.

reigate

Nov 10, 2005

Thomas? Can't remember his 1st name

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Glenn Thomas? Brentford away '98 was my first non-Priestfield away game.

That's the one.

Odd that three of the biggest bellends to play for us were called Thomas :lolol:

If I ever hear that Brighton are after John Thomas I'll turn in my grave :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here