Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Bellcheeses In The Supermarket (Coronavirus Edition)

My current pet hate is the virtue signalling mask wearers (usually incorrectly put on) at a time when NHS & Care workers are struggling for them in a 'look at me I'm more important than you' way. The science is flaky at best, but seems to give these clowns carte blanche to ignore social distancing in the aisles as they are 'safe' and lean over everyone, but glare at others at regular intervals.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My current pet hate is the virtue signalling mask wearers (usually incorrectly put on) at a time when NHS & Care workers are struggling for them in a 'look at me I'm more important than you' way. The science is flaky at best, but seems to give these clowns carte blanche to ignore social distancing in the aisles as they are 'safe' and lean over everyone, but glare at others at regular intervals.
For the purposes of this thread I'm going to assume he was on the way to the supermarket.

The fella in question was alone, driving his convertible Mercedes, with the roof down, wearing a mask.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I know it doesn't make the slightest difference to the time before I can get in the supermarket but these people who continually break the 2 metre rule really get my goat...

View attachment 122399

You not think he might be leaving space for someone to walk past rather than pressing up to the pilar, I bet your the type to be moving forward as close as you can behind people, or if you drive and get stuck in traffic behind a stationary bus pull out into the oncoming lane and bloc that when you realise there’s traffic in front of the bus!

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
You could be right, but all the news clips I’ve seen of people being moved on by the police and told to go home, seem to be in the younger age groups.

It’s been mention elsewhere that the the age groups most likely to act in an unreasonable behaviour fall into to brackets, under 30’s and over 60’s boomers and millennials!

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
All I can say is bloody arrows...spend more time looking for them than the actual shopping ...you can see the item you want three feet down the next isle ...but you’ve got to travel one mile down the one in front of you to go right back up the next one despite the fact there’s no one in the isle with your item in it ..because the teenager waving his big sign shouts out STOP! Then the spotty security guard fresh from nursery school shouts into his walkie talkie asking for back up....ok I exaggerate a tad ....but after a hard days work it’s so stressful shopping......the lady at the checkout was nice though

The security guards where I live are big burly blokes with machine guns .... ok, I exaggerate slightly:guns:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Much as I dearly love my 75 year old neighbour (tho not in the biblical sense obviously) I always WINCE when she takes me up on my offer of getting her in a few bits of shopping. Cos it's never as simple as you hope. Last time it was two courgettes AND some fresh coriander. This morning it was - alongside the relatively simply sourceable 2 pints of semi skimmed milk and a copy of the Daily Mail - some f*cking GINGER to put in her tea (along with lemon which she mercifully already had in stock)

Praise be to the god of your choice that Saino's Local miraculously had some ginger in stock. Who KNEW they had such a thing and that that thing looked like that? Can't WAIT now til I'm 75 and can place such pressure and such unreasonable demands on my well-meaning but largely ineffectual younger neighbours

And... RELAX :smokin:

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Much as I dearly love my 75 year old neighbour (tho not in the biblical sense obviously) I always WINCE when she takes me up on my offer of getting her in a few bits of shopping. Cos it's never as simple as you hope. Last time it was two courgettes AND some fresh coriander. This morning it was - alongside the relatively simply sourceable 2 pints of semi skimmed milk and a copy of the Daily Mail - some f*cking GINGER to put in her tea (along with lemon which she mercifully already had in stock)

Praise be to the god of your choice that Saino's Local miraculously had some ginger in stock. Who KNEW they had such a thing and that that thing looked like that? Can't WAIT now til I'm 75 and can place such pressure and such unreasonable demands on my well-meaning but largely ineffectual younger neighbours

next time get her some Lemon & Ginger (tea-less) Bags FFS!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Sounds like my Dad ..get his big shop sorted then twice a week I let him know when I’m shopping so he knows for any little extras ....that day comes and despite me telling him to do one text at say 4pm ...he starts sending me text after text throughout the day with one item on each as he remembers what he wants :moo:

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
You not think he might be leaving space for someone to walk past rather than pressing up to the pilar, I bet your the type to be moving forward as close as you can behind people, or if you drive and get stuck in traffic behind a stationary bus pull out into the oncoming lane and bloc that when you realise there’s traffic in front of the bus!

In answer to your question, no I don't believe that to be the reason, as moving up a few feet closer to the pillar would have still afforded him the opportunity to leave sufficient space for someone to walk past.*There would be no need to press himself up against the pillar as he would not be standing next to it, merely closer to it. Your theory is full of holes.

Maybe we should explore the possibility that he was keeping his distance from the pillar as it offered too much of a temptation for him to press himself up against it which might be his secret predilection, but one which he preferred to resist with so many people present. I must admit I hadn't considered the pressing himself up against the pillar possibility until you put that thought in my mind as it is not something which would have naturally occured to me.

In answer to your first assumption about me, no I am not the type to be moving forward as close as I can behind people. The evidence of my photo clearly indicates at least a 2 metre space between him and me. I am beginning to wonder how your mind works with all your talk of pressing up against pillars and moving up close behind people.

In answer to your second assumption, if I drive and get stuck in traffic behind a stationary bus I do not pull out into the oncoming lane and block it when I realise there’s traffic in front of the bus.

I must say you have quite a vivid imagination to have conjured up that rather elaborate scenario and to furthermore conflate it with your other scenario involving pressing up against pillars. Not only are they both products of your over active imagination they have absolutely no bearing on one another.

I bet you're the type of person who constructs and invents different scenarios and then endeavours to conflate those disparate and unconnected scenarios merely to serve your own confirmation bias.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Think the social distancing at supermarkets is pretty much done now.

I would say 20 percent of people are paying attention to it now.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Think the social distancing at supermarkets is pretty much done now.

I would say 20 percent of people are paying attention to it now.
What!? You must live in a particularly stupid area.

I'd say 95% of people here are being really sensible with only around 5% bellcheeses.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
next time get her some Lemon & Ginger (tea-less) Bags FFS!

Well by some miracle have managed to fulfil her exact - and ridiculously detailed - shopping lists up til now. But everybody has a breaking point. First time she dares ask for FRESH ocelot spleen... :guns:

Jimmy Grimble

What!? You must live in a particularly stupid area.

I'd say 95% of people here are being really sensible with only around 5% bellcheeses.

My guess is he’s been shopping in Asda.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Sounds like my Dad ..get his big shop sorted then twice a week I let him know when I’m shopping so he knows for any little extras ....that day comes and despite me telling him to do one text at say 4pm ...he starts sending me text after text throughout the day with one item on each as he remembers what he wants :moo:

:D :clap:

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015

Maybe if you'd turned up with Mick Hucknall on a 2 metre leash proudly proclaiming that you'd managed to find her some ginger she will have second thoughts next time before she makes her unreasonable demands.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
In answer to your question, no I don't believe that to be the reason, as moving up a few feet closer to the pillar would have still afforded him the opportunity to leave sufficient space for someone to walk past.*There would be no need to press himself up against the pillar as he would not be standing next to it, merely closer to it. Your theory is full of holes.

Maybe we should explore the possibility that he was keeping his distance from the pillar as it offered too much of a temptation for him to press himself up against it which might be his secret predilection, but one which he preferred to resist with so many people present. I must admit I hadn't considered the pressing himself up against the pillar possibility until you put that thought in my mind as it is not something which would have naturally occured to me.

In answer to your first assumption about me, no I am not the type to be moving forward as close as I can behind people. The evidence of my photo clearly indicates at least a 2 metre space between him and me. I am beginning to wonder how your mind works with all your talk of pressing up against pillars and moving up close behind people.

In answer to your second assumption, if I drive and get stuck in traffic behind a stationary bus I do not pull out into the oncoming lane and block it when I realise there’s traffic in front of the bus.

I must say you have quite a vivid imagination to have conjured up that rather elaborate scenario and to furthermore conflate it with your other scenario involving pressing up against pillars. Not only are they both products of your over active imagination they have absolutely no bearing on one another.

I bet you're the type of person who constructs and invents different scenarios and then endeavours to conflate those disparate and unconnected scenarios merely to serve your own confirmation bias.

I’ve sussed it , you’re the sort of person who photos complete strangers in line at a supermarket and then bitch it all over the internet, I bet you sent that round on WhatsApp and Face Ache too, im right aren’t I?

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes

Actually thinking back you have my sympathy, remember my mum (RIP) and her first mobile.
Her grandson patiently showed her how to text, taught her text 'speak', but omitted a minor ethical detail.
She loved texting, I would receive them day and night ..... to my landline! :mad: :smile::smile:

that was just gr8

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Well by some miracle have managed to fulfil her exact - and ridiculously detailed - shopping lists up til now. But everybody has a breaking point. First time she dares ask for FRESH ocelot spleen... :guns:

Just get her a frozen one and defrost it. She'll never know :wink:

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
Bloke with his 4 kids all wearing masks and gloves wandering the tesco isles today while I stocked up. Filling a basket with chocolate and snax. Considering they wore masks and gloves they did not social distance at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here