Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Bellcheeses In The Supermarket (Coronavirus Edition)

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I enjoyed the spectacle of a shopper having a go at a boomer today. The guy had an inept homemade face mask on but was going through the various salad items handling every ****ing item. A bloke who had been patiently waiting behind the elderly dickhead when i first spotted him eventually lost his temperand asked him to stop fondling every lhead of lettuce and celery. Dickehead didn't seem to understand why people were less than happy with him pawing away at every bunch of spring onions in the crate.
It's just an anecdotal observation but the age group in roughly late 50's to early 70's are absolutley the worst demographic for selectively obeying the rules of the lockdown

Enjoyed seeing shopper having a go at a boomer? You sanctimonious knob.

Guess you are a wet behind the ears , liberal, limp waisted, millennial wanker huh?

See, we can all do same brush and all that.

I do hope you were fishing...............

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Enjoyed seeing shopper having a go at a boomer? You sanctimonious knob.

Guess you are a wet behind the ears , liberal, limp waisted, millennial wanker huh?

See, we can all do same brush and all that.

I do hope you were fishing...............

No I enjoyed seeing the spectacle of someone having a go at a dickhead. Was not surpised thought that said dickhead was a boomer. But you're a bit too thick to work that out as like all Gammon you're only looking for somthing to get outraged about, you massive hypocritical snowflake.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I enjoyed the spectacle of a shopper having a go at a boomer today. The guy had an inept homemade face mask on but was going through the various salad items handling every ****ing item. A bloke who had been patiently waiting behind the elderly dickhead when i first spotted him eventually lost his temperand asked him to stop fondling every lhead of lettuce and celery. Dickehead didn't seem to understand why people were less than happy with him pawing away at every bunch of spring onions in the crate.
It's just an anecdotal observation but the age group in roughly late 50's to early 70's are absolutley the worst demographic for selectively obeying the rules of the lockdown

People are utter clueless.

Seen some people cover faces/wear gloves are think that’s what they need to do whilst doing what you say.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Back from Supermarket visit, where I and others had to wait while some middle aged woman stopped her trolley in the middle of the aisle, stopping anyone to get pat, while she tapped away on her mobile (very slowly) with no awareness that with the 2m ruling she was effectively blocking the whole aisle.

And a pet hate from pre virus shopping, (which has returned) people leaving their trolley and wandering off to get something from a shelf which may or may not be in the same aisle.

:rant:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
People's heads are so fooked.

On the ways to ASDA I noticed my bank was queueless.
I quickly parked and was able to cancel my mortgage S/O.

Then noticing the all purpose post office next door was equally quiet I went in to get a new spade and fork, for the garden.

I was so mindful of arrows, distancing and everyone else it would have looked like I was making my first ever card payment.
I didn't have a clue what was going on!! :facepalm:

Then headed off to ASDA for petrol and new trousers for work.

I stepped.out of the queue at the cash points.
Waited for the woman on the next one to finish and stepped up.

After a couple of minutes I thought 'that other machine shouldn't still be beeping'.
Looking across I saw she'd left nearly £100 in the machine.
Luckily she hadn't gone far and I was able to call her back.

At this point I'd be deriding her for being a bit of a Wally, but that would be somewhat rough as 10 minutes earlier I couldn't use a chip and pin.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017

You could be right, but all the news clips I’ve seen of people being moved on by the police and told to go home, seem to be in the younger age groups.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Young couple across the road, 17 kids, always put their black rubbish sacks out on top of their bins and every week the seagulls rip them apart and their rubbish gets blown down the street, much of it stuff that they could recycle but don’t. Today the elderly grandparents (mid 70s) rock up for a visit and proceed to produce a weekly supermarket shop from the boot of their car and shuttle run it into the house in stages, with no assistance from within, before going inside themselves.

:shootself

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes

Nothing like a bit of prejudice/bigotry to start the weekend. :thumbsup:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Sorry about that.

It's just that spring onions are just...........

.............so sensual.

As for my lettuce fetish [emoji39][emoji3055][emoji3055][emoji3055]

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I know it doesn't make the slightest difference to the time before I can get in the supermarket but these people who continually break the 2 metre rule really get my goat...

2020-04-17 22.11.20.jpg

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
People's heads are so fooked.

On the ways to ASDA I noticed my bank was queueless.
I quickly parked and was able to cancel my mortgage S/O.

Then noticing the all purpose post office next door was equally quiet I went in to get a new spade and fork, for the garden.

I was so mindful of arrows, distancing and everyone else it would have looked like I was making my first ever card payment.
I didn't have a clue what was going on!! :facepalm:

Then headed off to ASDA for petrol and new trousers for work.

I stepped.out of the queue at the cash points.
Waited for the woman on the next one to finish and stepped up.

After a couple of minutes I thought 'that other machine shouldn't still be beeping'.
Looking across I saw she'd left nearly £100 in the machine.
Luckily she hadn't gone far and I was able to call her back.

At this point I'd be deriding her for being a bit of a Wally, but that would be somewhat rough as 10 minutes earlier I couldn't use a chip and pin.

“Excuse me lady, you left £10 in the ATM”.

What a gent!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Young couple across the road, 17 kids, always put their black rubbish sacks out on top of their bins and every week the seagulls rip them apart and their rubbish gets blown down the street, much of it stuff that they could recycle but don’t. Today the elderly grandparents (mid 70s) rock up for a visit and proceed to produce a weekly supermarket shop from the boot of their car and shuttle run it into the house in stages, with no assistance from within, before going inside themselves.

:shootself

17 kids? Hmmm

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
All I can say is bloody arrows...spend more time looking for them than the actual shopping ...you can see the item you want three feet down the next isle ...but you’ve got to travel one mile down the one in front of you to go right back up the next one despite the fact there’s no one in the isle with your item in it ..because the teenager waving his big sign shouts out STOP! Then the spotty security guard fresh from nursery school shouts into his walkie talkie asking for back up....ok I exaggerate a tad ....but after a hard days work it’s so stressful shopping......the lady at the checkout was nice though

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
All I can say is bloody arrows...spend more time looking for them than the actual shopping ...you can see the item you want three feet down the next isle ...but you’ve got to travel one mile down the one in front of you to go right back up the next one despite the fact there’s no one in the isle with your item in it ..because the teenager waving his big sign shouts out STOP! Then the spotty security guard fresh from nursery school shouts into his walkie talkie asking for back up....ok I exaggerate a tad ....but after a hard days work it’s so stressful shopping......the lady at the checkout was nice though

I came a bit unstuck (or should I say stuck) with the arrows in Station Road, Portslade Tesco. I was dutifully going up and down the aisles following the arrows doing my shopping, gradually working my way to the back of the store. When I'd completed my shopping and reached the end aisle I went to walk back along the lower main aisle but I noticed the arrows were pointing towards me in the wrong direction so I walked up to the top main aisle assuming the arrows would be pointing in the direction I wanted to go but when I got there I discovered that they too were pointing towards me in the wrong direction.

I started to panic as this meant I was now marooned at the back aisle of the store with no means of escape. I couldn't risk walking against the arrows which was my only option as that would have been breaking the rules and I didn't want to risk incurring the wrath of the arrow police.

Fortunately the last aisle in that particular Tesco is where the cat and dog food shelf is so I knew I wouldn't starve and will hopefully be able to last out until they end social distancing rules...or possibly get someone to redirect those bloody arrows.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here