Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Belgium v Italy

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Have to say that was a master class in how to win a game of football, a display we can all learn from,. The most important lesson for Brighton and England is don't try to defend a 1-0 win from 70 minutes out, keep at it and keep playing the style that got you the one nil. Yes you could say they rode their luck but to be fair Pelle could have had a hat trick. Well played Italy.....

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Cheeky little 15/1 treble there on todays games (Spain - Draw - Italy) brought home the bacon. Well, £30, but I'm not complaining.

Italy truly are a tournament side, and there's no better team at defending a 1-0. Buffon is just immense, he organises that back line so well and is so assured. Other than Origi's header late on, which he should have buried, the Italians cruised it.

England would have no chance against that lot. Too good.

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
Cheeky little 15/1 treble there on todays games (Spain - Draw - Italy) brought home the bacon. Well, £30, but I'm not complaining.

Italy truly are a tournament side, and there's no better team at defending a 1-0. Buffon is just immense, he organises that back line so well and is so assured. Other than Origi's header late on, which he should have buried, the Italians cruised it.

England would have no chance against that lot. Too good.

There's this myth that Italy just defend 1-0 leads.After they scored they still tried for a second and had some great clear cut chances.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
There's this myth that Italy just defend 1-0 leads.After they scored they still tried for a second and had some great clear cut chances.

Its not a myth at all - they generally do. And extremely well.

Tonight they continued to attack though, which was refreshing. Probably the best game of the tournament so far IMO, along with England v Russia.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Italy never seem to disappoint during tournaments, this game reminded me of that opener in 2014. Belgium seem to suffer from the very classic English problem of amazing individual players who lack chemistry as a team. There were amazing opportunities and crosses but nobody was actually taking advantage of them. Belgium's best chance was almost a fluke when the ball landed at Fellaini's feet.

Let's face it though, FIFA rankings are utter bullshit, Belgium are not #1 if they struggled against a team that's supposedly at its worst.

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
Its not a myth at all - they generally do. And extremely well.

Tonight they continued to attack though, which was refreshing. Probably the best game of the tournament so far IMO, along with England v Russia.

Sorry but I watch every game they play.You probably don't.My opinion is based on what I see and not what the english media say.Recent managers in particular like Conte and Prandelli are offensive managers not defensive.

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
Italy never seem to disappoint during tournaments, this game reminded me of that opener in 2014. Belgium seem to suffer from the very classic English problem of amazing individual players who lack chemistry as a team. There were amazing opportunities and crosses but nobody was actually taking advantage of them. Belgium's best chance was almost a fluke when the ball landed at Fellaini's feet.

Let's face it though, FIFA rankings are utter bullshit, Belgium are not #1 if they struggled against a team that's supposedly at its worst.

I agree with you about Belgium's ranking and the whole concept of FIFA rankings which are a joke.Before the game I was more worried about Italy's poor squad than Belgium's team who I think have been overrated which was proved last night and in the World Cup.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Stuck a tenner on Belgium to win the tournament this morning. ......

Not been so disappointed since the aftermath from campaigning for 'New' Labour. Rubbish.

Got all my eggs in one basket with bloody belgium

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here