• Wine

Votes: 57 39.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I do partake in wine, especially at home.

But my main query is this, when you crack open a bottle of wine I assume that you finish the whole bottle irrespective of what day of the week it is, at the weekend I would be uber relaxed and quite happy after finishing the first bottle and soon be on my second bottle, wine can give me a real tired hangover, so how much do people drink of the stuff ??

Yes I always finish the bottle. If that's not enough a snifter or two of malt whisky rounds it off nicely. Two bottles of wine is too much for me nowadays.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
LOVE real ale and some larger but being a gut bucket, porkmeistering salad dodger, I'd probably go for wine. It's tough though. Unfortunately I've reached an age where some days I have no alcohol.

Hugh'sDad

Nov 29, 2011
'Ove
Strange so many reckon there is no variety in wine.
Simply wrong.
As for the Amex...Beer there is certainly pish.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Beer. I can bare having my Sunday roast without a glass of wine but without beer, nights out in the pub would be ruined. Also, I really like beer.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Wine making a charge now gap down to <17%...

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
If cider isn't an option then it'd have to be beer. Wine requires me to be in the mood for it, beer I can happily drink at any social occasion/alone in a dark room weeping without any real forethought.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Beer. I like the taste of a good wine supped slowly as a treat but beer all day long for me. Literally.

I work outdoors a lot and in the summer a small, cold stubby of beer gulped down with a sandwich is one of my favourite points of a day. If I even had a small glass of wine I'd be spazzed for the afternoon so for that reason I'm out. I'm in. What? I don't know. Beer please.

Last edited:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Any physiologists or physicians out there...?

How well would someone be able to survive and live if the only drink they ever had was beer? Presumably the chances are much better than on wine only?

No water, no soft drinks, no fruit juice, no drink of milk, tea or coffee... Assume toast for breakfast (rather than a bowl of cereal) and no increase in consumption of fruit, vegetables or hidden liquids.

I reckon it would be OK for a while but might go a bit wrong in the long run.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Any physiologists or physicians out there...?

How well would someone be able to survive and live if the only drink they ever had was beer? Presumably the chances are much better than on wine only?

No water, no soft drinks, no fruit juice, no drink of milk, tea or coffee... Assume toast for breakfast (rather than a bowl of cereal) and no increase in consumption of fruit, vegetables or hidden liquids.

I reckon it would be OK for a while but might go a bit wrong in the long run.

Edit: I appear to be wrong. This is an urban myth apparently. The majority of sources seem to think you'd start seeing the ill effects of only drinking beer after about two weeks.The water content is offset by the diuretic affect of beer so you'd start to dehydrate fairly quickly. It's not good for you. You'd find it hard to process vitamins and protein, scurvy then kidney failure then death would follow in about two months.

You'd be fine if you stuck to 2 pints or so a day. It's mostly water anyway. That is in fact all us Brits used to drink with the water being so foul we stuck to beer as the brewing process kills off the harmful bacteria and the alcohol content kept it but free in storage.

Last edited:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Edit: I appear to be wrong. This is an urban myth apparently. The majority of sources seem to think you'd start seeing the ill effects of only drinking beer after about two weeks.The water content is offset by the diuretic affect of beer so you'd start to dehydrate fairly quickly. It's not good for you. You'd find it hard to process vitamins and protein, scurvy then kidney failure then death would follow in about two months.

You'd be fine if you stuck to 2 pints or so a day. It's mostly water anyway. That is in fact all us Brits used to drink with the water being so foul we stuck to beer as the brewing process kills off the harmful bacteria and the alcohol content kept it but free in storage.
Which is it? I reckon if I carried on my normal diet (admittedly quite high in veg and fruit) and cut out all drinks apart from a pint of Harveys with lunch and dinner then I'd survive quite happily for a lot longer than two months...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here