Votes: 86 60.1%
  • Wine

Votes: 57 39.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Probably an age thing. I only drank beer through my 20s when I went out every night. In to my mid 30s, when work took over precedence and I stayed at home more, I started to drink red wine at home - got to a stage where I drank a bottle of red every night at home, probably at least 5 years of doing that.

At the end I knew I wasn't enjoying it and being made redundant in early '09 gave me the boost to succesfully wean myself off. After that my kidneys failed - not related, I only had 1 anyway, and that was on its' way out.

Now, I drink almost nothing as I'm on dialysis and can only drink 1 litre of anything in a day (inc,uding water etc.), so now, alcoholic drinks ate rare, but as quantity is a problem, if I want a drink, a G&T is reasonable.

So, unless I get a kidney transplant - not going to happen for at least 3 years as I also had bowel cancer last year - that's pretty much it for me for drinking anything interesting !

P.ps. i'm typing this while doing a dialysis session

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I could never start on wine or a short never, it doesnt seem right, there is something quite satisfying about the 'bloatedness' of beer that I seem to enjoy.

However as I get older I am becoming fed up with beer sometimes and would love to find a brilliant short or a wine that I could really really enjoy instead of beer.

I have tried to upscale my bottle of wine experience with an £8.00 bottle and usually I am quite disappointed and vodka just seems a tramps drink, so I guess I am stuck with beer, but it has to 5% minimum.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Blondes get dirty quicker

Everybody knows...
Brunettes are fine, man
Blondes are fun
But, when it comes to getting the dirty job done,
It takes a red-headed woman.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
im thinking that those voting wine are excluding themselves from whisky and bourbons, those voting beer are only excluding themselves from brandy. clearly a distinct advantage for beer.

i dont know where other spirits sit, we'll have to evaluate case by case.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
One thing ive noticed about Czech beers, is that I dont seem to get a hangover, im guessing because of the strict laws surrounding it. Wine on the other hand, without fail, makes me feel like shit the next day, every time.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Tough choice, but wine for me. Don't get me wrong I love beer, but when I do encounter what I consider to be an exceptionally good wine it delivers a drinking experience that cannot be matched even by the best of beers.

Would hate to give either up though.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Something which at 20 I never thought I could say, but I could honestly go the rest of my life without either. Indeed, any alcohol at all.

Used to be a pub landlord, which I would always describe as "drinking for a living" and although not teetotal now, I don't drink much and on the occasions I do, I could honestly be happy with soft drinks.

I guess I just got it out of my system when I was younger and the fact that I can barely remember my twenties suggests I've already had my lifetime's quota!

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
But, what about barley wine?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Beer for me.
I don't really drink that much nowadays and if I do it's usually at the weekends. When I do drink the first few pints don't touch the sides, and I love a decent session on the ale.
I just couldn't imagine swigging that much wine:)

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Haven't drunk beer for years now, so vino for me.

I do partake in wine, especially at home.

But my main query is this, when you crack open a bottle of wine I assume that you finish the whole bottle irrespective of what day of the week it is, at the weekend I would be uber relaxed and quite happy after finishing the first bottle and soon be on my second bottle, wine can give me a real tired hangover, so how much do people drink of the stuff ??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here