Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beer On The Terraces

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I think most fans wouldn't cause any trouble with the beer in the stands. Although when it comes to home fans and away fans being seats apart that's where I can see some supporters throwing beer, piss etc. or might kick right off.

Why? Surely necking pints to get into the ground/seated areas is more likely to lead to drunken behaviour? If there is trouble, then CCTV stewards, and the old bill are there to address it. Why should we all be disadvantaged?

For the last game of last season, there was a "double header" featuring Notts County and Nottingham Rugby. If Notts County fans wanted to stay and watch the rugby, they could for free.

So for the first match, no drink was allowed in the stands, then when it switched to rugby - it was! Whilst there were a good number of fans who only watched the rugby or football, in many cases it was the same people watching both - with different rules being applied because of the sport being played.

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
I live in Germany and we drink and smoke on the terraces, without any problem.. If someone wants to get drunk, they will, regardless whether you can drink on the terraces or not. I really dont see the problem with it and the clubs make more money from it.. Shirley a good thing!

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Why? Surely necking pints to get into the ground/seated areas is more likely to lead to drunken behaviour? If there is trouble, then CCTV stewards, and the old bill are there to address it. Why should we all be disadvantaged?

For the last game of last season, there was a "double header" featuring Notts County and Nottingham Rugby. If Notts County fans wanted to stay and watch the rugby, they could for free.

So for the first match, no drink was allowed in the stands, then when it switched to rugby - it was! Whilst there were a good number of fans who only watched the rugby or football, in many cases it was the same people watching both - with different rules being applied because of the sport being played.

Not true, necking pints in the concourse before the game because you can't bring it to your seat is more likely to induce drunken behaviour.

Same with 24hr drinking, it's now much better that people don't throw beer down their necks before last orders.

All we are talking about is that while bars are open (ie not during the game) that you can take a beer to your seat. One per person can easily be policed so that you don't get fans loading up on beer for the game. Easy.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Not true, necking pints in the concourse before the game because you can't bring it to your seat is more likely to induce drunken behaviour.

Same with 24hr drinking, it's now much better that people don't throw beer down their necks before last orders.

All we are talking about is that while bars are open (ie not during the game) that you can take a beer to your seat. One per person can easily be policed so that you don't get fans loading up on beer for the game. Easy.

That is what I was saying, and in the pub before going into the ground, knowing it is unpleasant drinking on concourse areas before you can get into seated areas.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I went to the Olympic Basketball and had a pint or two during the game, it was nice but I am not that fussed during football. As someone else mentioned, it is strange that you can't take a beer to your seat 30 minutes prior to the game, which I would do if allowed. If it was brought in that we could have beer during the game, I think Uncle Tony should dip into his pockets and get arms with cup holders put on our seats! :thumbsup:

Slightly off topic, I went on the tour last week and I was told that there were 3 games last season that BHA had no police officers inside the ground and this season they plan on doing 11 games without any police officers. Not sure how this would affect games if beer was allowed in.. One of the reasons the club is going down the route of no police is to save money and clearly they want to continue this. It appears other clubs are following BHA example, I was told that Liverpool directors were so impressed that there was no police and the stewarding was excellent, they tried it out in their game against Everton and apparently it went very well. My point being, if there are no police inside the ground will clubs want drinking allowed during the game?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here