Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beer And Bingo tax cuts

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Anyone who says Tories are solely for the rich is sadly mistaken. I've just taken the BBC budget calculator and I am £440 worse off next year.

:nono:

I took it also, and we're £400 better off. I'll be honest, I don't need £400 a year, it will make absolutely no difference to me. For those who feed their families on a couple of quid a day it would make all the difference, it's disgrace. The tories really are b******s.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I took it also, and we're £400 better off. I'll be honest, I don't need £400 a year, it will make absolutely no difference to me. For those who feed their families on a couple of quid a day it would make all the difference, it's disgrace. The tories really are b******s.
Yes,that's why a lot of families on benefits have wide screen televisions,Iphones gameboys etc...I'm not saying all have...the left always seem to say...what's in it for ME...not ,it benefits the country...you say what have the Tories done....forgetting of course that the national debt is falling,unemployment has taken a drop,the economy is improving...yes it is slowly improving...but there again it takes time to clear up the mess Labour left behind...just one note says it all..."There's no money left"...even Labour admitted that...as it has always shown...the politics of the left are politics of envy...BTW...a lot of people who work on the Stock Market are from the working class'' fair play to them for moving up the ladder of earnings.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Yes,that's why a lot of families on benefits have wide screen televisions,Iphones gameboys etc...I'm not saying all have...the left always seem to say...what's in it for ME...not ,it benefits the country...you say what have the Tories done....forgetting of course that the national debt is falling,unemployment has taken a drop,the economy is improving...yes it is slowly improving...but there again it takes time to clear up the mess Labour left behind...just one note says it all..."There's no money left"...even Labour admitted that...as it has always shown...the politics of the left are politics of envy...BTW...a lot of people who work on the Stock Market are from the working class'' fair play to them for moving up the ladder of earnings.

What utter ****ing tripe - a myth pedalled by those in denial of poverty. Read Rachel Johnson in TBI on famous, rich and hungry, listen to the R5 post budget phone in where a well spoken women with 4 zero hour jobs went the whole winter without heating or how water because she couldn't find £25 to fix the boiler. Walk round Brighton on any given day and see how many young men and women you'll find sleeping on the streets under a pile of filthy blankets & clothes. Yeah, all of them with flat screen TVs attached to their sleeping bag. Idiot.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
What utter ****ing tripe - a myth pedalled by those in denial of poverty. Read Rachel Johnson in TBI on famous, rich and hungry, listen to the R5 post budget phone in where a well spoken women with 4 zero hour jobs went the whole winter without heating or how water because she couldn't find £25 to fix the boiler. Walk round Brighton on any given day and see how many young men and women you'll find sleeping on the streets under a pile of filthy blankets & clothes. Yeah, all of them with flat screen TVs attached to their sleeping bag. Idiot.

I think you'll find that he said not all have.
bit like saying all bankers are w@nkers. Agree some are, but some have worked hard to get on in life.

Same at the other end of the scale, some people have genuinely fell upon or have grown up in hard times, but a lot think they have the right to be owed something from the state. Both take what they can get. You agree?

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield

The "national debt" is not falling, it is rising. It is the budget deficit that is falling. The national debt is not forecast to fall until 2016-17. Do the ...in your post separate the different bits you pasted in from the Daily Mail website?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Benefit fraud is supposedly costing the economy £2bn per year. Tax avoidance and evasion approx. £32bn.

Banking is our biggest earner. Yes, and it's also our biggest failure. It crippled us in the early '90's, and again now. Who pays for it? The banks and those that grow fat from that wealth? The ruling class? No, it's those of us that rely on state schools, the NHS, public services, public workers, just ordinary people pay for it. It is a groundhog day joke on all of us.

I'd go along with that ^^

I'd also add that in the grand scheme of things it matters not which party happens to be in charge at any given time. It's clear that we operate within a financial system that is loaded in favour of banks and not countries, and has been for over 100 years. The banks invented the system in their favour, they take all the benefit with none of the risk.
Yes Labour tends to give more help to the poor than the Tories, but in reality it's pocket change because they also have a big corporate fist gripped tightly around their nutsack. They operate within the same system, the one that causes the problem.

The banking system should operate at a level below government, and all the multiple billions of profit you see every year should be used to keep the planet progressing - spent on infastructure and developing new technology. As it is we're too far down the line to change it.

P.S Bit of trivia for the purpose of this thread, I've been in Grant Shapps' office.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
I'd go along with that ^^

I'd also add that in the grand scheme of things it matters not which party happens to be in charge at any given time. It's clear that we operate within a financial system that is loaded in favour of banks and not countries, and has been for over 100 years. The banks invented the system in their favour, they take all the benefit with none of the risk.
Yes Labour tends to give more help to the poor than the Tories, but in reality it's pocket change because they also have a big corporate fist gripped tightly around their nutsack. They operate within the same system, the one that causes the problem.

The banking system should operate at a level below government, and all the multiple billions of profit you see every year should be used to keep the planet progressing - spent on infastructure and developing new technology. As it is we're too far down the line to change it.

P.S Bit of trivia for the purpose of this thread, I've been in Grant Shapps' office.

Did you curl one off under his desk? I would have.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
.."There's no money left"...

The best thing about that 'note' is that it will win the next General Election for the Tories. Posters everywhere reminding people how Labour fxxked it all up, lovely.

Labour are so good at screwing themselves they even picked the wrong Milliband!

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
The best thing about that 'note' is that it will win the next General Election for the Tories. Posters everywhere reminding people how Labour fxxked it all up, lovely.

Labour are so good at screwing themselves they even picked the wrong Milliband!

Except we are in much more debt now than we were then. So Mr Osborne would have to be careful about that.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Every party that has been in power has f****d up the economy. Are you suggesting that it was all rosy from '79 to '97?

Labour messing up this economy is a myth. Worldwide banking caused this. It wouldn't have mattered if we'd been running a surplus, this event would have knackered us.

I don't think it's even about giving everyone money, I think the biggest issue a lot of people have, and that's not just left or right, but basic centre ground is that it again appears to ask nothing of those with wealth to contribute to this deficit reduction. It all comes down to fairness, not partisanship.

Selling the gold reserves didn't help. They borrowed, borrowed, borrowed, leaving the country with a ridiculous future debt.

Labour are not a party that should be in power any time soon, but it is likely they will be.

For me they all seem hopeless at the moment. There are no real characters or politicians with any gumption. The NHS is on its knees...... None of them can be trusted, the bingo ad is just so patronising.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Selling the gold reserves didn't help. They borrowed, borrowed, borrowed, leaving the country with a ridiculous future debt.

Labour are not a party that should be in power any time soon, but it is likely they will be.

For me they all seem hopeless at the moment. There are no real characters or politicians with any gumption. The NHS is on its knees...... None of them can be trusted, the bingo ad is just so patronising.

Er, they had to borrow due to the economic crisis which was world wide, and began in the USA. Bank bailouts, increased welfare spending due to high unemployment, and less tax revenue for the same reasons. I severely doubt a Conservative government would have done things differently. Or maybe you know different? This "blame the other lot" attitude is one of the major problems with our political system.

Last edited:

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Er, they had to borrow die to the economic crisis which was world wide, and began in the USA. Bank bailouts, increased welfare spending due to high unemployment, and less tax revenue for the same reasons. I severely doubt a Conservative government would have done things differently. Or maybe you know different? This "blame the other lot" attitude is one of the major problems with our political system.

Who do you BLAME? Thatcher?

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Who do you BLAME? Thatcher?

I voted for her. No one person is to blame. Like I said, blame is part of the problem. Instead of fixing things, each government "blames" the previous one for all our problems. Then does the exact same things.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Er, they had to borrow due to the economic crisis which was world wide,...

no, they were already borrowing $36bn in 2007 and this rising and was projected to rise considerably. Brown hadnt run a surplus since 2001, despite the relative strength of the economy, he would happily spend more than he was receiving apparently forever.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
no, they were already borrowing $36bn in 2007 and this rising and was projected to rise considerably. Brown hadnt run a surplus since 2001, despite the relative strength of the economy, he would happily spend more than he was receiving apparently forever.

The coalition borrowed £91.5 billion in 2013. So your point is?

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
And do you honestly think that those sleeping rough are all Brighton citizens and not from other parts of the country...Liverpool,Manchester,Newcastle,London...or indeed from other countries..if they are all Brighton citizens they have an amazing capacity to pick up accents from around the world.
PS Love the last word of your post but you no need to sign your post.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
And do you honestly think that those sleeping rough are all Brighton citizens and not from other parts of the country...Liverpool,Manchester,Newcastle,London...or indeed from other countries..if they are all Brighton citizens they have an amazing capacity to pick up accents from around the world.
PS Love the last word of your post but you no need to sign your post.

Ah. They only count as poor if they come from Brighton. Brilliant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here