Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beer And Bingo tax cuts

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
What utterly meaningless twaddle.

Are you Grant Shapps?

No I am not Grant Shapps and I happen to believe he is a bit of a dickhead.
Must have hit a nerve with my light-hearted comment and got under the skin of the likes of yourself and Nibble.
By the way,I did say the beer and bingo thing was crass.
Nevertheless,I stand by what I said in that the 'poster' allows the left to huff and puff and fill themselves up with their usual righteous indignation over f--k all.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It will be interesting to see what legs this story has. I fully expect some reference to it on Question Time tonight, then This Week immediately after that show, then Have I Got News For You and all the other topical light entertainment weekend stuff, then the Sundays will chew it over, and all the while "spoof" posters will go viral. By Monday Grant Shapps' world might look a little different.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Must have hit a nerve with my light-hearted comment and got under the skin of the likes of yourself and Nibble.
Nevertheless,I stand by what I said in that the 'poster' allows the left to huff and puff and fill themselves up with their usual righteous indignation over f--k all.

Can something crass be f--k all?

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
What utter horseshit but to be expected from the likes of you. Your beloved party has royally ****ed up another budget, spat in the face of the average person and YOU think that's a bad look for lefty's? You are as dim as they come, and with your lot, that's pretty dim.

Oh Nibble,It is a good thing I don't take offence as easily as you do.I can only assume you are foaming at the mouth because you haven't really got anything to have a go at in the budget.Rather like clueless Ed really.
You may think I am dim, along with all the rest of the population who don't share your political views,but at least I am not deluded!
By the way,the Tories are not 'my beloved party'.I am not that political.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The only fail with this ad is people that play Bingo aren't hardworking, they tend to be retired

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
In the past when they've put up the price of a pint I'm sure they say that 1p at the pump = 4p to the pub. The end consumer won't notice any difference but if it stops some locals going out of business then surely it's a good thing. I'm not sure why people are trying to spin it into a negative :shrug:

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
In the past when they've put up the price of a pint I'm sure they say that 1p at the pump = 4p to the pub. The end consumer won't notice any difference but if it stops some locals going out of business then surely it's a good thing. I'm not sure why people are trying to spin it into a negative :shrug:

Because they are short of things to whinge about and anything the wicked Tories do is bad.
Given the amount of postings on NSC connected to the enjoyment of drinking beer,one would be forgiven for thinking that even the left leaners would be pleased to see the alcohol price escalator wither and beer duty reduced.But no,The Tories did it so we must all have a pop at it!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Anyone who says Tories are solely for the rich is sadly mistaken. I've just taken the BBC budget calculator and I am £440 worse off next year.

:nono:

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
What utter horseshit but to be expected from the likes of you. Your beloved party has royally ****ed up another budget, spat in the face of the average person and YOU think that's a bad look for lefty's? You are as dim as they come, and with your lot, that's pretty dim.

You may feel this way about yesterday's budget, however the last budget in recent memory that curled out a shit directly into the mouth of the low paid came from the party of the workers.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2008/apr/30/economy.gordonbrown

In case you have forgotten, the budget that abolished the 10p tax rate came from the same man who regularly told us he had abolished boom and bust.

As you will also know, during his time as Chancellor and PM Brown was assisted by Messrs Miliband and Balls................and it is a measure of the contempt that Labour's senior political classes have for the electorate that these two should be the alternative to the tories.

Whether you are sympathetic to Labour or not, you would have to be patholigically insane to think they should be given a shot at power after their track records with Brown.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Anyone who says Tories are solely for the rich is sadly mistaken. I've just taken the BBC budget calculator and I am £440 worse off next year.

:nono:

That calculator is fatally flawed. It told me I would be £265 better off next year after the 2014 UK budget.

What it fails to take into account is that I don't live in the UK, and so I won't see a penny of that.

*humbug*

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I think you'll find I brought it up first! This is an outrage! I'm never going to use this board again.......... :flounce: :moo:

Anyway, now I've got that out of my system it's not the beer and bingo but the mega patronising tone of the strap line. It's like big Granty Shapps has come along and tousled your hair for being such a good citizen. And then given you some beer.

The budget itself was mostly a non entity. Next year's will be interesting. The only thing I have concerns over is the annuities thing. The social libertarian in me thinks it's quite a good thing. The career person in me is getting angry that it's wiping value off a sector I work in. The cynic says millions of old people will do their bollocks and then live off the state in their twilight years.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Oh Nibble,It is a good thing I don't take offence as easily as you do.I can only assume you are foaming at the mouth because you haven't really got anything to have a go at in the budget.Rather like clueless Ed really.
You may think I am dim, along with all the rest of the population who don't share your political views,but at least I am not deluded!
By the way,the Tories are not 'my beloved party'.I am not that political.

Actually I don't believe in the concept of offence. I don't believe it is a real emotion. It's an invented concept that people use when what they mean to say is "That person has disagreed with me and I am not developed enough mentally or spiritually to take it for what it is and so here is me being upset". I am neither "offended" nor upset.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I'm not sure why people are trying to spin it into a negative :shrug:

is it because there's nothing bad in the budget, so latched on to a ham-fisted attempt to sell one of the most trivial matters?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Whether you are sympathetic to Labour or not, you would have to be patholigically insane to think they should be given a shot at power after their track records with Brown.

I am - or rather was - sympathetic towards them and you're right. This is a massive reason why I'll be voting for a good constituency candidate of any colour rather than for Labour next time out.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

More twaddle.

Again, you have an obsession with the 'left' - as if you know what you're on about, something you haven't proven yet.

This has nothing do with 'left' and 'right' - and much more to do with knowledge and ignorance.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Actually I don't believe in the concept of offence. I don't believe it is a real emotion. It's an invented concept that people use when what they mean to say is "That person has disagreed with me and I am not developed enough mentally or spiritually to take it for what it is and so here is me being upset". I am neither "offended" nor upset.

OK Nibble;just a bit cross then!:kiss:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
You may feel this way about yesterday's budget, however the last budget in recent memory that curled out a shit directly into the mouth of the low paid came from the party of the workers.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2008/apr/30/economy.gordonbrown

In case you have forgotten, the budget that abolished the 10p tax rate came from the same man who regularly told us he had abolished boom and bust.

As you will also know, during his time as Chancellor and PM Brown was assisted by Messrs Miliband and Balls................and it is a measure of the contempt that Labour's senior political classes have for the electorate that these two should be the alternative to the tories.

The alternatives are just as pathologically insane to be fair. Perhaps coalitions are the future of our government for a while.

It is pointless to assess this budget (or any for that matter), on what was done nearly 10 years ago. I find the audacity of leaving the wealthy alone year after year almost beyond belief to be honest. We are all in this together is about as empty a promise as following Eric Pickles in the queue for the biscuit tin.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
More twaddle.

Again, you have an obsession with the 'left' - as if you know what you're on about, something you haven't proven yet.

This has nothing do with 'left' and 'right' - and much more to do with knowledge and ignorance.

Oh TLO,I am so sorry that I am not yet worthy of posting on NSC and agreeing or disagreeing with others.
You , on the other hand, seem able and more than willing to pontificate on all manner of subjects and in your own world are an expert on everything.
You are possibly the most pompous fellow on the forum and I dare say as pompous as you are large.Perhaps a name change would be appropriate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here