Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Become an NSC Supporter. If you want. It's entirely optional. No-one has to.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Even though I'm not on here much now, I owe Bozza and so many other incredibly kind posters a huge debt of gratitude for supportive words in the past (especially after my car accident in February) so I've signed up for a year.

Money well spent. Thanks ever so much, Bozza, for running such a brilliant forum and all the long hours you've devoted to NSC. Hope I can get you a pint after the tax has been taken off!🍺👏👏

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yes, 100% agree, and I signed up the moment I saw the thread. I've been using NSC since about 1998, I love it, and I don't 'do' social media so this is the only real online interaction I have and I'm happy to make a direct financial contribution. (And have a spare £50).

Having said that I do think @Diablo has a point. I am ever-so-slightly uncomfortable with seeing a special wording under my username. I know it isn't meant like this, but some could take it as us boasting, in every post, that "We are better than yew!" And yes, I can see why some now think that NSC is now two-tier.

So personally I'd like to lose the additional 'Supporter' tag. I appreciate you want to acknowledge our direct support, so why not have a list of names somewhere? (A bit like the list of logged-in users). You could then have a little piece at the top of that list saying what a 'Site Supporter' is and how to become one.

This is no way a criticism, and yes, you have every right to be proud of NSC.
I do not feel strongly about the tag either way. BUT, someone suggested 'NSC 'licker' which is way more appealing to me.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Even though I'm not on here much now, I owe Bozza and so many other incredibly kind posters a huge debt of gratitude for supportive words in the past (especially after my car accident in February) so I've signed up for a year.

Money well spent. Thanks ever so much, Bozza, for running such a brilliant forum and all the long hours you've devoted to NSC. Hope I can get you a pint after the tax has been taken off!🍺👏👏
I was thinking about you the other day, hope all is well 🙏🙏

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I don't use cards for continuous payments, that what DD are for.

So can anyone explain what happens:

1. If I decide to leave if a great huff and want to cancel the ongoing commitment
2. When the card I signed up with expires

If it makes any difference to the answers I do not have, nor do I want a PayPal account.

Thanks
1. You can pay via Paypal without having an account. To cancel, you can then do so via Paypal or, and I've just checked this out, I can also cancel it within Paypal for you. So contact me and I'll do it right away.

2. If a card expires, the payment won't take and NSC will automatically revert you back.

A couple of people have been in touch as they didn't want to/can't make card payments and I've figured out the backend bit to do if payment is made another way, in both cases via bank transfer so I can do that too now.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yes, 100% agree, and I signed up the moment I saw the thread. I've been using NSC since about 1998, I love it, and I don't 'do' social media so this is the only real online interaction I have and I'm happy to make a direct financial contribution. (And have a spare £50).

Having said that I do think @Diablo has a point. I am ever-so-slightly uncomfortable with seeing a special wording under my username. I know it isn't meant like this, but some could take it as us boasting, in every post, that "We are better than yew!" And yes, I can see why some now think that NSC is now two-tier.

So personally I'd like to lose the additional 'Supporter' tag. I appreciate you want to acknowledge our direct support, so why not have a list of names somewhere? (A bit like the list of logged-in users). You could then have a little piece at the top of that list saying what a 'Site Supporter' is and how to become one.

Diablo and I have exchanged messages and we're good friends again!

As I explained to him, when I was setting this up I researched a lot of other forums where users directly support the site financially and I think every single one added some sort of tag or differentiator to the user's profile to recognise that, so I just followed what I thought was the done thing.

I've been researching to see what other options I can find amongst the range of Xenforo add-ons, and I'm still doing that.

Your suggestion is also a very good one to throw into the mix.

Ultimately, I think I'll ask those who it impacts and see what they think, as I've kinda thrust this upon them.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

I think less people would support it without the tag. Seriously. In fact I would go as far as to say that the tag is the main reason that some have done it.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Can't afford it so will go back to lurking and just reading. Don't like to be outed as not being a "site supporter" to everyone. No offense meant, love the site. Will sign up in future times.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Can't afford it so will go back to lurking and just reading. Don't like to be outed as not being a "site supporter" to everyone. No offense meant, love the site. Will sign up in future times.
Don’t be daft I’m going to carry on as normal, it’s a bit like these tits that buy a blue tick from Musk because they think they are something special 🤣😀

I’m joking

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
This. There's definitely an insiduous form of peer pressure in play here. Which I'm 100% sure was not @Bozza's intention. Maybe just ditch the tag altogether and retain all the other goodies?
Personally, I would happily ditch all the 'goodies' bar the ad-free experience.

I'm not going to complain about it, but I'd be happy if the 'Site Supporter' tag disappeared.

No need for the show - it's why I get my new Bentley de-badged every year and really really insist that the staff stop calling me "your Lordship" (with a week of below-stairs only work if they slip up).

I feel for Bozza with all of this as, given the reasons for resisting it at all for so long, all the tweaks, feedback and moans must be pretty uncomfortable to work through. You'll certainly never please them all @Bozza...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here