Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Become an NSC Supporter. If you want. It's entirely optional. No-one has to.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Please don’t be dissuaded by whinging at your move today showing who’s financially contributing etc. It’s a neat thing that’ll encourage more members to pay, it’s your baby, why not? I’m also a member of a winter sports forum where many pay, many don’t, paying brings a couple of small benefits and everyone can see who’s in which category … I’ve never seen complaints or accusations of an unfair two-track membership.
Hear hear.

I believe many who have paid have done so to support @Bozza and NSC and not really bothered about the individual benefits such as changing or deleting our posts.

Might change my name though as I've been living a lie as I'm just a hoax.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Hear hear.

I believe many who have paid have done so to support @Bozza and NSC and not really bothered about the individual benefits such as changing or deleting our posts.

Exactly those reasons.

Now a fully fledged NSC cult member.

Waiting for Bozza to give the command to change name, delete all my posts and join 9 others who went to burn, BURN, went to burn down Selhurst.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017

Don’t worry, with our new lofty status this is exactly how we will view you. :lolol:
Meh, I've just worked out a cheap bouillabaisse, thanks to this site. Something to do with Salmon flavour dog food, mixed with chicken juices, chuck in a can of tuna with some prawns and a fish stock cube, water & wine (£2 from local premier wine)...... job's a good un! :unsure: :lolol:
The tag is a bit crass - apologies.

I set it about five months back when I first set some of this up and @Chicken Run and @Goldstone1976 kindly tested it for me. I didn't give it any real thought, other than trying to come up with a football-y kind of term. The very last thing it was supposed to achieve was to make others feel bad. I'll change the wording.

On the more general point, I don't want people giving money to NSC that could be better used elsewhere in their lives. It's really lovely that people would like to support the site, but with the payment processing fee including a fixed fee element, smaller payments just mean giving more money to Paypal - and that feels like a real waste of money.

Maybe the "buy me a coffee" idea suggested would work, although I need to check what the payment processing fee is there too.
No I didn't think the tag was crass tbh! I did wonder how @Chicken Run & @Goldstone1976 managed to put that there though, & thought that that might be a 'mod' status thing that didn't say they were a mod. :lolol:

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
Hear hear.

For me it was all about changing my signature and keeping the smilies😂😍

But seriously yes, to support @Bozza for everything he’s done, and continues to do, over the years.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Within the messageboard, I don't get any more information than you have supplied already.

There is a name in the Paypal email notification sent through, but I suspect you could probably type anything you like in there.
It’s true, Paulie G was noted on the transaction, a busy morning for my bank I suspect, trying to unravel my links to the New Jersey mob

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
To be honest, I use the site all the time and love it.

I pay at least a fiver for various other media publications that bring me far less pleasure (that is not an invitation for levity.)

I’m sure the proprietor of this site will not turn into Rupert Murdoch overnight.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

I pay at least a fiver for various other media publications that bring me far less pleasure (that is not an invitation for levity.)

I’m sure the proprietor of this site will not turn into Rupert Murdoch overnight.
Didn’t you get the pension email? Check your spam folder 👍🏻

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Without doubt it’s my most used media outlet. It not only provides me with a lot of entertainment it is also a useful and helpful resource for literally anything Albion related, non-Albion news stories, music (albums and live), drinking, restaurants, puns, dad jokes and finding decent tradespeople. Most things I need in life all wrapped up in a single package.

With NSC I got to know, and become great friends with, @Pogue Mahone and family. It was also my lifeline to the world when I was stuck in hospital for all those months earlier this year.

I learnt during Covid, when most things which benefit and enhance my life were closed down, I was guilty of taking much for granted. I decide I wouldn’t do this anymore; I would now acknowledge and support them. NSC is part of this new thinking.

These are my reasons. See you and Pogue in the ‘dam.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Without doubt it’s my most used media outlet. It not only provides me with a lot of entertainment it is also a useful and helpful resource for literally anything Albion related, non-Albion news stories, music (albums and live), drinking, restaurants, puns, dad jokes and finding decent tradespeople. Most things I need in life all wrapped up in a single package.

With NSC I got to know, and become great friends with, @Pogue Mahone and family. It was also my lifeline to the world when I was stuck in hospital for all those months earlier this year.

I learnt during Covid, when most things which benefit and enhance my life were closed down, I was guilty of taking much for granted. I decide I wouldn’t do this anymore; I would now acknowledge and support them. NSC is part of this new thinking.

These are my reasons. See you and Pogue in the ‘dam.
Awww NSC ‘ Friends ‘ Football friends 😀

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Awww NSC ‘ Friends ‘ Football friends 😀
I’ve also made a few enemies over the years but I decided to be less abrasive, and more fun-loving, some time ago. :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Just want to add my support, thanks and encouragement to @Bozza

NSC is a thing of exquisite beauty. Like the National Trust.

If people aren't interested in helping the curator preserve for our enjoyment a drafty old Victorian building full of unmodern art, with a secret garden outside, next to the wine lake, I'm sure there is something else out there for them.

Weatherspoons, for example. Or GB news, as it is manifest on the television. Only a tenner a month!

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Just want to add my support, thanks and encouragement to @Bozza

NSC is a thing of exquisite beauty. Like the National Trust.

If people aren't interested in helping the curator preserve for our enjoyment a drafty old Victorian building full of unmodern art, with a secret garden outside, next to the wine lake, I'm sure there is something else out there for them.

Weatherspoons, for example. Or GB news, as it is manifest on the television. Only a tenner a month!
Totally agree, well said.

Though I probably should spend a lot more time walking in the local NT than surfing on here!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Enough people have asked about this and I said I'd do it but, frankly, I've been too embarrassed to do so.

Well, now I am doing it, even though I feel awkward and embarrassed typing this. I'm thankful I'm hiding behind a keyboard.

However, if you do want to support NSC directly, you can now do so.

Firstly: as per the thread title: this is entirely optional, no-one has to do this and I have no expectation that anyone will. Most people have far more important things to spend money on, and no-one's functionality is going to be reduced in any way. If you are unable to support NSC directly, then nothing has changed for you.

How much does this cost?​

I have set the payments at £5 per month or £50 per year. I have set additional levels at £10 per month / £100 per year because, believe it or not, some people suggested that to me. Again, I don't expect anyone to do this.

For transparency, NSC is part of a VAT-registered limited company so from a £5 monthly payment, about 84p will go to HMRC and the payment provider takes a further 45p, leaving NSC with about £3.71.

If I do want to support NSC, what do I get?​

Let's be honest...primarily I expect those who support NSC will be doing so because of some combination of valuing the site and the community, finding it entertaining or possibly, just appreciating the time and effort it takes to keep it running.

Most additional bells and whistles I can activate for community members have long since been enabled for everyone, and I'm not going to take them away. However, as of today what you will get is as follows:

- Go ad-free​

Ads keep the lights on - this site costs a lot to run. I'll be honest and say I'm not entirely sure of the maths in terms of what a relatively active NSCer earns the site from ad revenue, but I'm hoping the £5/month or £50/year covers it. I'll find out soon enough...​

- Enhanced signature options​

Pimp up your signature - more characters, more lines, more font options, colours, emojis and a link, if you want. Go to town.​

- 'Loyal Supporter' marker​

A new little thi gummy under your username on your posts. The text could probably be improved - happy to take suggestions.​

- Change Your Username​

Change it up - knock yourself out. Note: this is limited to once a week, and your username history will be visible for those who want to check who you once were.​

- Delete your own posts any time​

Pangs of regret about that post back in 2017 where you said "Wilf Zaha is actually OK"? Go back and delete it - no-one will know any better.​

- Edit your posts any time​

Drunken typo annoying you the morning after a big night? You can change it.​

- Edit your thread titles any time​

Did you start a thread and give it a stupid name? Change it.​

Unlimited Private Messaging group sizes​

This one's a bit niche, but have conversations (PMs) with a big group if that's your thing. (I found an option I didn't know existed so decided to use it)​
There may well be more things later. But, as above, I'm not going to try and sell you on the additional bells and whistles. Support NSC if you want to. Don't if you can't.

I'll be massively thankful to those who can and do, and remain fully supportive of all those who can't.

OK, I'm in - how do I do this?​

Click/Tap on your username in the top right and a new option available to you is "Account upgrades"

Follow that link which will ultimately lead you to Paypal.

When you have completed payment, you will automatically receive the account changes I have detailed above immediately.

You don't need to have a Paypal account to make a payment - any debit/credit card will do. If you don't have a card, but would still like to support NSC, drop me a note and I'll see what we can work out.
Any card….can I borrow yours 😏

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Maybe having a smaller version of @Bozza ‘s NSC medal under the avatars of those that financially support NSC (I’d be very happy with that - subtle, football linked, looks good - a medal of honour ?)
Medal?

If you're talking about the green thing, that's the "is currently online" indicator, which everyone has when they are online - although it may be turn-off-able in your options.

Maybe it looks like a medal because my avatar doesn't take up all available space, so it appears to be below it, but it's actually overlapping it in the same way as everyone else's does.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Will you be carrying on with the Amazon thingy ….its been a very simple way to offer support

Is the debit card payment set up to auto renew…personally not keen on those and I don’t have a PayPal account

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here