Beckhams kids in argie shirts

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Does it really matter ? They're not our kids. And why should anyone give a flying **** ? :shrug:

He hasn't gone 'down in my estimation' because the shirts his kids wear is none of my business anyway.

When we have to look at them on TV, the newspapers and on Twitter you can kind of see why people comment on the Argentina shirts.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
When we have to look at them on TV, the newspapers and on Twitter you can kind of see why people comment on the Argentina shirts.

I appreciate your point, but what I'm saying is that maybe people should care a little less.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
No need to get upset ? Tell that to the families of the british service personnel who lost their lives .

Bingo.

Did you write disgusted letters complaining about Argentinan beef, restaurants and wine being availababe? or sushi? or bratwurst? or german beer? where do you draw your odd line?

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Why has he gone down in your estimation?

Have you got kids?

They tend to choose exactly what they want to wear and if you suggest they don't wear what they want, it makes them want to wear it all the more.

If he had worn an Argentina shirt, fair enough.

My son announced that he wanted to support Man Utd. I reduced him to tears and told him he could but I'd never allow any of their muck in my house and he could live elsewhere too.

He has supported Albion ever since. I think I did him a massive favour personally.

What if one of yours wanted to support Palace? I'd rather one of mine came home with a swastika tattoo on their forehead.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Bingo.

Did you write disgusted letters complaining about Argentinan beef, restaurants and wine being availababe? or sushi? or bratwurst? or german beer? where do you draw your odd line?

There is no comparison whatsoever you bellend , trading with a country youve been at war with previously has happened since time immemorial, whereas Beckham is an iconic , recent england captain who dressed his kids in argentinian shirts a month after the said argentinian team paraded with a banner proclaiming 2014-07-14-19-54-13--675876174.jpeg

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Wearing an Argie shirt may be seen by some as a bit insensitive (not by me ) but I hardly think he was trying to make some political statement. There'll be some commercial branding reason behind it.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
where do you draw your odd line?

Ah, I'm glad you asked that. How far back do you draw your line before someone can refer to themselves as English? I ask because you referred to the Royal family as German but you have to go back as far as the Queen's great-great-great-grandfather before you find a real-life Hun. Slightly concerned as I have a Scottish grandfather so really not sure what nationality that makes me using your odd line.

keaton

Nov 18, 2004
There is no comparison whatsoever you bellend , trading with a country youve been at war with previously has happened since time immemorial, whereas Beckham is an iconic , recent england captain who dressed his kids in argentinian shirts a month after the said argentinian team paraded with a banner proclaiming View attachment 56257

But in 1986 we swapped shirts was there a massive fuss then? or in 1998? Presumably on one of those occasions an actual player put on one of the shirts?

keaton

Nov 18, 2004
Ah, I'm glad you asked that. How far back do you draw your line before someone can refer to themselves as English? I ask because you referred to the Royal family as German but you have to go back as far as the Queen's great-great-great-grandfather before you find a real-life Hun. Slightly concerned as I have a Scottish grandfather so really not sure what nationality that makes me using your odd line.

The 'odd line' was in reference to the one of what is and what is not acceptable to be associated with in relation to a country we've been at war with and which may or not annoy the relatives of dead veterans.

I didn't talk about anyone's right to call themselves English, but as you seem argumentive and angry i'd go for you being a Scot

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
But in 1986 we swapped shirts was there a massive fuss then? or in 1998? Presumably on one of those occasions an actual player put on one of the shirts?

A very weak response to be frank , we were always going to swap shirts , but for an england captain , who is extremely .media aware to dress his kids in a foreign countries shirt at the world cup final , especially after all the sabre rattling by the argentinian government, and the quite frankly provocative banner display by the football team, would seem disrespectful to say the least.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
A very weak response to be frank , we were always going to swap shirts , but for an england captain , who is extremely .media aware to dress his kids in a foreign countries shirt at the world cup final , especially after all the sabre rattling by the argentinian government, and the quite frankly provocative banner display by the football team, would seem disrespectful to say the least.

He's not an England captain - he is an EX-England captain.

He is now a father and business man so why should anyone have the right to criticise him for anything he does in relation to his kids!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
The 'odd line' was in reference to the one of what is and what is not acceptable to be associated with in relation to a country we've been at war with and which may or not annoy the relatives of dead veterans.

I didn't talk about anyone's right to call themselves English, but as you seem argumentive and angry i'd go for you being a Scot

I think it's you that's getting angry matey. There's really no need, I can assure you and I understood what your 'odd line' reference was all about. The question I asked was about your referring to the Royal family as German. It always puzzles me when people do that and I was hoping you could tell me why you think they are. Apologies if I didn't make it clear. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports