Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beckhams kids in argie shirts

Aug 23, 2011
To a 3 or 4 year old!? You need to write a book about everything you've done. Seriously, I've never heard anything like this about a small child.

Actually my 4 year old often reacts better when i explain to her the reason for something rather than just saying no. Just because they are little it doesn't mean they can't comprehend.

Aug 23, 2011
Don't be so bent. Man Utd don't need supporters from Brighton. Brighton need supporters from Brighton. He was 8 years old and learnt a valuable lesson about heritage and values that day.

When your son joins the ballet rambert and grows a Freddie Mercury tache you've only got yourself to blame. Washy washy no mark.

Whats wrong with the ballet rambert? Also does your dad still tell you whether to grow a tache and what style or can you choose for yourself?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Actually my 4 year old often reacts better when i explain to her the reason for something rather than just saying no. Just because they are little it doesn't mean they can't comprehend.

Absolutely, noting you use the word often. Mine too. But are you saying you have NEVER had them cry when you've told them not to do something, or prevented them from doing something, no matter how reasonable, or for example put a meal in front of them they don't throw their toys out of the pram for no apparent reason?

You've jumped in without realising what I was commenting on I think.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
What Beckham does with his kids is his business, I've got no opinion on him sticking Argie kits on his children but anyone who says I'm an idiot for insisting that the only club top my boys wear is a Brighton one can, frankly, do one.

My 2 sons became young Brighton fans during the really shit Wilkins, Hinshelwood, Adams mk2 era at Withdean and a major part of making sure that they stayed true to their local club and remained proper fans was buying them Brighton tops and insisting they only wore that footie kit. It went as far as actually demanding of my ex-wife's family that they didn't buy premier league kits because I refused to let my children wear them, even once for appearance's sake. Trust me, sitting in that family stand week in, week out watching dross footie with my 2 wasn't easy and this brainwashing was absolutely necessary.

See all those kids at school in their Man U, Chelsea, Man City tops? See all those Premier League plastic fans we all take the piss out of in the pubs? Their parents didn't care enough about pointing them down the proper path football-wise. Buy your child their local team's kit, take them when you can to matches and the world will be a better place for it.

Best post I've ever seen on NSC.

Aug 23, 2011
Absolutely, noting you use the word often. Mine too. But are you saying you have NEVER had them cry when you've told them not to do something, or prevented them from doing something, no matter how reasonable, or for example put a meal in front of them they don't throw their toys out of the pram for no apparent reason?

You've jumped in without realising what I was commenting on I think.

yeah apologies, misread what you were saying, i thought you meant talking to a small child was pointless. I'll jump back out :)

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Wow, what a great thread! Really didn't expect to see this when I opened it. It's just beautiful. Almost EVERYONE is at it, like a scene from a cowboy movie where the whole bar is brawling.

Great stuff!

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Even by NSC standards this is incredible, how is this thread still going over such a petty topic?!

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
We have an Argentinian Officer here on the ship who was really happy to see Beck's lads in those shirts. He also mentioned that he was really impressed with the English commentary throughout the WC, especially on Argentina games. (We got the ESPN commentary via a channel called sports24).

We talk about football pretty much every day; we once touched on the Falklands. He expressed his opinion, I told him I was actually there in 82 & lost friends.
We just talk about football now.

Jan 30, 2008
We have an Argentinian Officer here on the ship who was really happy to see Beck's lads in those shirts. He also mentioned that he was really impressed with the English commentary throughout the WC, especially on Argentina games. (We got the ESPN commentary via a channel called sports24).

We talk about football pretty much every day; we once touched on the Falklands. He expressed his opinion, I told him I was actually there in 82 & lost friends.
We just talk about football now.
has he pulled rank on you Smudge ???
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here