Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beckhams kids in argie shirts

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
No, but if you are English you don't wear a fecking German shirt.

Why not?

That doesn't need an answer, but things like that matter more to some people than others. I wanted Germany to win last night, but of the semi-finalists. I favoured both Germany and Argentina over the other two.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Who cares what shirts they wear.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
Why not?

That doesn't need an answer, but things like that matter more to some people than others. I wanted Germany to win last night, but of the semi-finalists. I favoured both Germany and Argentina over the other two.

I too wanted them to win and was glad that they did, but for me (or more to the point my kids) to wear a German shirt is a no no.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Personally I don't know why anyone gives a toss what he and his family do. Good footballer who now appears to do little else but parade himself in his undercrackers and get papped in airports with his spiny missus.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
One the morning after Germany have deliverd their 4th world title, I'd be questioning the English football set up, the crazy amount of money sloshing around, and why the national team are slipping even further behind the level required to succeed. I would not be bothering about the shirts on the back of two young kids.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Don't they live in LA these days ?

I doubt his kids feel much affiliation with England, they've hardly been here.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
What Beckham does with his kids is his business, I've got no opinion on him sticking Argie kits on his children but anyone who says I'm an idiot for insisting that the only club top my boys wear is a Brighton one can, frankly, do one.

My 2 sons became young Brighton fans during the really shit Wilkins, Hinshelwood, Adams mk2 era at Withdean and a major part of making sure that they stayed true to their local club and remained proper fans was buying them Brighton tops and insisting they only wore that footie kit. It went as far as actually demanding of my ex-wife's family that they didn't buy premier league kits because I refused to let my children wear them, even once for appearance's sake. Trust me, sitting in that family stand week in, week out watching dross footie with my 2 wasn't easy and this brainwashing was absolutely necessary.

See all those kids at school in their Man U, Chelsea, Man City tops? See all those Premier League plastic fans we all take the piss out of in the pubs? Their parents didn't care enough about pointing them down the proper path football-wise. Buy your child their local team's kit, take them when you can to matches and the world will be a better place for it.

Last edited:

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Don't they live in LA these days ?

I doubt his kids feel much affiliation with England, they've hardly been here.

It isnt a representation of what the kids think, Beckham has an entourage of stylist, sponsors and gurus that help dress and parade themselves throughout their working day/night.

He turns up at the biggest sporting event on the planet and you think the kids have thrown a paddy in Sport Direct coz they want the Argie kit.

Nope they have foisted the kit on the kids as part of 'team Beckham', make of what you will of the sentiment but dont think it wasnt a representation of some planned publicity stunt that some over qualified accountant hadnt given the thumbs up to ......

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
It could be seen as a sign of significant maturity that he's obviously put 1998 well behind him. Of course, his winning penalty in Sapporo 4 years later which helped to eliminate Argentina at the group stage would have helped somewhat here. Beckham transcends petty national sporting rivalries.

As has been mentioned already, his boys can wear whatever football shirt they want whenever they want.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
It's important because we can finally see why he got himself sent off against the Argies in '98. He was a double agent!

Edit: The post above proves this is bollox.:rolleyes:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It isnt a representation of what the kids think, Beckham has an entourage of stylist, sponsors and gurus that help dress and parade themselves throughout their working day/night.

He turns up at the biggest sporting event on the planet and you think the kids have thrown a paddy in Sport Direct coz they want the Argie kit.

Nope they have foisted the kit on the kids as part of 'team Beckham', make of what you will of the sentiment but dont think it wasnt a representation of some planned publicity stunt that some over qualified accountant hadnt given the thumbs up to ......

I think you're reading too much into it.
Who in the world really cares what his kids wear ?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Maybe they were being punished?

In the olden days you got the belt, these days you have to wear Argie kits. :shrug:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm sure it's simply a coincidence that Beckham has a significant stake in a proposed MLS franchise in Miami, a city with a majority Hispanic/ Latino population.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
The kids have been photographed in Chelsea shirts before. And Arsenal too, I think.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I think you're reading too much into it.
Who in the world really cares what his kids wear ?

Personally not me, but when you are talking about a self obsessed guy, with a burgeoning multi million pound business based purely on his image then most things when him and his family are in public are very rarely casual family decisions as some have suggested.

I dont mind Beckham and his self promotion, good luck to him, but the shirt selection could pose discussion rather than the kids just wanted to wear them.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
What Beckham does with his kids is his business, I've got no opinion on him sticking Argie kits on his children but anyone who says I'm an idiot for insisting that the only club top my boys wear is a Brighton one can, frankly, do one.

My 2 sons became young Brighton fans during the really shit Wilkins, Hinshelwood, Adams mk2 era at Withdean and a major part of making sure that they stayed true to their local club and remained proper fans was buying them Brighton tops and insisting they only wore that footie kit. It went as far as actually demanding of my ex-wife's family that they didn't buy premier league kits because I refused to let my children wear them, even once for appearance's sake. Trust me, sitting in that family stand week in, week out watching dross footie with my 2 wasn't easy and this brainwashing was absolutely necessary.

See all those kids at school in their Man U, Chelsea, Man City tops? See all those Premier League plastic fans we all take the piss out of in the pubs? Their parents didn't care enough about pointing them down the proper path football-wise. Buy your child their local team's kit, take them when you can to matches and the world will be a better place for it.
Personally, I don't take the piss out of anyone because of who they support - that's their concern, not mine.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here