Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beating Djokovic in straight sets.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
No I didn't watch it as it's the British Lions. I only read the reports and interviews afterwards as it was on sky sports news. I only watch England internationals.

You really strike me as quite an offensive, angry person. You've only been posting on here for two months, yet you already seem to have a reputation for moaning and talking crap.

As for Murray, what a fantastic effort. As so often happens, he shuts up the people who doubted him. First he was never going to get to a Grand Slam final, then win a Grand Slam and finally win Wimbledon. Every time he proves people wrong. What a fantastic player and Britain finally has a Wimbledon champion after 77 years.

The only concern now, is what will they talk about next year without going on about how long it has been since we won the men's singles!

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
rumours doing the rounds that Murray has donated his £1.6 Million prize money to the Royal Marsden hospital and Cancer Research

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
No I didn't watch it as it's the British Lions. I only read the reports and interviews afterwards as it was on sky sports news. I only watch England internationals.

I feel genuinely sorry for you if that's your attitude. The Lions series and Andy Murray's victory are successes that we should all be proud of.

Being the ardent 'little Englander' that you seem to be, I'm surprised you didn't watch the Lions series to support Tom Youngs, Ben Youngs, Manu Tualagi, Geoff Parling, Owen Farrell, Christian Wade and Alex Corbisiero.

Are you a cricket fan? If so, presumably you turn the coverage off when Kevin Pietersen bats as he is not English?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I feel genuinely sorry for you if that's your attitude. The Lions series and Andy Murray's victory are successes that we should all be proud of.

Being the ardent 'little Englander' that you seem to be, I'm surprised you didn't watch the Lions series to support Tom Youngs, Ben Youngs, Manu Tualagi, Geoff Parling, Owen Farrell, Christian Wade and Alex Corbisiero.

Are you a cricket fan? If so, presumably you turn the coverage off when Kevin Pietersen bats as he is not English?

Imagine how sad the Olympics must have been too. Cheering on Team GB and then realising they weren't English when winning Gold. And in team sports/rowing pairs or fours, what if one is English and the other Scottish/Welsh/Northern Irish. If he is not on a wind up, it is so pathetic!

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea
Some of you talk absolute horseshit, I for one am fantastically proud of Andy Murray and was over the moon when he won as should the rest of the British public!!

All this England only bollocks is pathetic and usually these sort of people are members of the EDL and vote for UKIP or BNP, stop living in the dark ages and be proud that for once this country has done well in a major sporting event!!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Um, what about the Albion? Do some people only support the English players?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I didn't used to like Murray, struck me as surly and spoilt and seemed to be your typical choker in big games. I was of the opinion he'd never win a slam. However I really warmed to him after last years's loss and his after match interview, but still wasn't convinced he'd ever be the real deal. Getting Lendl on board and winning the Olympics proved me wrong. Happy to admit it and I think he has shown great character and shocked me again today with his straight sets win.

Good on him, fantastic achievement.

Dowling93

Jun 22, 2009
Brighton
So for those at SW19 (or whatever) and those nationwide do you seriously think that they weren't all the less delighted by the fact that a Scot (a Brit) actually won Wimbledon for the first time in 77 years

Well obviously they are but it's not a tournament say like in the Davis Cup where you say Britain have won

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Well obviously they are but it's not a tournament say like in the Davis Cup where you say Britain have won

I see myself as a tennis fan, but couldn't give a toss about the Davis Cup.

Difficult to hypothesise, but I reckon I would support Murray, even if he wasn't British. It's great to see someone putting every ounce of effort in to bettering themselves. Those internal battles that used to ruin his gameplan. Making sure he was one of/the best at scurrying around the court.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I didn't used to like Murray, struck me as surly and spoilt and seemed to be your typical choker in big games. I was of the opinion he'd never win a slam. However I really warmed to him after last years's loss and his after match interview, but still wasn't convinced he'd ever be the real deal. Getting Lendl on board and winning the Olympics proved me wrong. Happy to admit it and I think he has shown great character and shocked me again today with his straight sets win.

Good on him, fantastic achievement.

He's donated all his winnings from Queens to the Royal Marsden. It's on Twitter tonight.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Its been very interesting today. Lots of us have had a great deal of pleasure watching Murray win, and have expressed ourselves eloquently on here, because we like to share a bit of joy. In contrast a couple of miserable, illiterate trolls have posted negative, badly written, factually inaccurate, breathtaking, drivellingly dull, bollocks. One of them (the one whose picture is possibly him in his dressing gown - probably thinks he's a ninja) left the main thread, after getting roundly slapped, only to come on to this one, with the same peevish incoherent rubbish.

I have no problem with anyone who wanted Murray to lose. If you simply hate the jocks, or Murray in particular, fine. In which case, don't come on a thread that is clearly about the excitement of watching Murray trying to win, annoying the rest of us. It is f*cking bad manners. And don't do it in a way that suggests the rest of us are all soft in the head and traitors to the cross of St George. You cheeky c*nts. My old man fought the Germans so that you little Englanders could get a chance in life, and all you do is moan about the labour party and the jocks. Put you pants on and make me a cup of tea.

Having said that, I was pretty impressed with the general response, and delighted there appear to be so few dick heads on here. A huge improvement from the early days of turbo trolling, FG et al . . .

Anyway . . . just thought I'd mention it.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I have no problem with anyone who wanted Murray to lose. If you simply hate the jocks, or Murray in particular, fine. In which case, don't come on a thread that is clearly about the excitement of watching Murray trying to win, annoying the rest of us. It is f*cking bad manners. And don't do it in a way that suggests the rest of us are all soft in the head and traitors to the cross of St George.

Actually, this thread was essentially calling out everyone who had ever criticised him, not celebrating Murray's victory, or the excitement of watching him. If they've been called out, of course they will respond.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here