Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bear /Snake Pit Now....

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Less of the whataboutery HwT ... MoS is a self-identifying class warrior and has made zero critical comments about comrade Corbyn, unlike your good self, defending corbynista class warriors makes you look like a Labour Troll who would support anything wearing a Labour rosette from Blair to Corbyn .. are you better than that?

Well, I must say, if so, I hadn't noticed. Best I check.
[MENTION=34106]ManOfSussex[/MENTION], are you a self-identifying class warrior? Have you never criticised Corbyn?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Well, I must say, if so, I hadn't noticed. Best I check.

[MENTION=34106]ManOfSussex[/MENTION], are you a self-identifying class warrior? Have you never criticised Corbyn?

If I could be arsed to trawl through MoS's back catalogue I would find you the direct quote where he outed himself as a class warrior I think there was even a post where he said he went to see the Dear Leader speak in person such was the devotion .. lifes too short, must have slipped his mind.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
If I could be arsed to trawl through MoS's back catalogue I would find you the direct quote where he outed himself as a class warrior I think there was even a post where he said he went to see the Dear Leader speak in person such was the devotion .. lifes too short, must have slipped his mind.

But there's all those quotes where you claim to be NSC's most ardent unionist and then go and vote for a border in the Irish Sea. What sort of person could be arsed to trawl through loads of posts simply to prove individuals to be complete and utter hypocrites.

Of course you're right again, life's too short. It's far better to make up what you think might have been said :lolol:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
But there's all those quotes where you claim to be NSC's most ardent unionist and then go and vote for a border in the Irish Sea. What sort of person could be arsed to trawl through loads of posts simply to prove individuals to be complete and utter hypocrites.

Of course you're right again, life's too short. It's far better to make up what you think might have been said :lolol:

*sigh* There aren't any quotes where I claimed I was NSC's most ardent unionist, which makes your last sentence even more hilarious .. do you ever stop lying or get bored making yourself look stupid? :facepalm:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
*sigh* There aren't any quotes where I claimed I was NSC's most ardent unionist, which makes your last sentence even more hilarious .. do you ever stop lying or get bored making yourself look stupid? :facepalm:

Well I'm on 'Fridat night drinking' so that gives you plenty of time to find quotes from Unionists more ardent than yourself :lolol:

Although I'm guessing 'you couldn't be arsed to actually quote what was said' and will just try and make up whatever you think would sound better instead :facepalm:

Laters (don't forget it's all on t'internet, in black and white. It's easy just use the quote function) :bigwave:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

You never replied to my final question from the BLM conversation.

I went on 'unconscious bias' training some years ago. I highly recommend it.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
You never replied to my final question from the BLM conversation.

I went on 'unconscious bias' training some years ago. I highly recommend it.

Do you mean this one?

That's all true enough. But it would be wrong to join the ranks of those who want to see its support diminish, surely?

To me and others (not PPF, obviously), BLM is an inspiration and reminder to remember to identify, reject and name racism when we see it. That's all. If I see black racism I'll respond the same. In reality there is nothing more for me to discuss. However I have come back to these threads because I see people coming on and criticising, indeed attacking BLM, making jokes, and sneering. On occasions, ranting and raving, too (about 'white lives mattering', for example - someone started a whole thread on it!).

By being 'not fully signed up' to BLM because of 'some people that want to drive a particular agenda' is not an easy position to justify, though. It could of course be that you have extremely exacting standards. For example, with such standards I would expect that you would never call yourself a Christian because some people become priests to abuse choirboys. Likewise, you would never call yourtself a patriot because David Copeland nail bombed the Admiral Duncan in the name of patriotism, and John Tyndall claimed to be a patriot while being photographed in a nazi uniform.

Personally I'd require a lot more than that to quell my patriotism and, although I'm not a Christian, I can assure you that if I were, I would not renounce my faith because of a few perverts.

What about you? Do you apply to Christianity and patriotism the same exacting critcal standards that you have invoked to explain your attitude to BLM?

There is no need to answer these questions. I'm not trying to have a go at you, just invite you to think a bit more about this. I have slipped into a 'position' on issues myself without realising my unconscious bias was at work. I had an excruciating exchange with a student who'd come to see me last year. I'd not met her before. She's arrived with some other first year students for a tutorial. I let them all in, then stopped and asked her if she had an appointment to see someone. 'Yes' she said. 'I'm part of your tutor group'. She was livid. Thing is, all the other students were 18/19 years old. She is in her 50s. I apologised, but I could see damage had been done. After the meeting, which was frosty, I made a fresh appointment to see her alone where I apologised for, basically, being a dick. No excuses. While we have a large % of students who are BAME, it is probably rare for someone of her age to be used to blending in with other students, and being black as well as old, and being treated like someone who shouldn't be there must have been ****ing insulting, and I felt ashamed. It is through these things we learn lessons.

All the best.

:shrug:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

The answer is obviously no then ..

Well I'm on 'Fridat night drinking' so that gives you plenty of time to find quotes from Unionists more ardent than yourself :lolol:

Although I'm guessing 'you couldn't be arsed to actually quote what was said' and will just try and make up whatever you think would sound better instead :facepalm:

Laters (don't forget it's all on t'internet, in black and white. It's easy just use the quote function) :bigwave:

... amusingly your posts are of the same standard drunk or sober :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

I get woken up at 3am by some cats killing each other outside, can't get back to sleep, log on here only to find you mucho obsessed about me still. :facepalm: You know, I once went to see Great Britain (I'm sure a purely English tennis team made up of players from Surrey would be more your thing) play Israel in The Davis Cup at Eastbourne, surrounded by middle aged women and Pimms drinkers :)facepalm: ) hysterically screaming "Come on Andy!" Is that a sign of my devotion to a sport I have zero interest in as well by you definition? :nono:

As for you mentioning a back catalogue, I'm afraid I've now got this vision of you:

trainspotter.jpg

Have you not got a healthier alternative outlet than me to perhaps channel your monomania at, such as an imaginary girlfriend/boyfriend/partner or a blow up doll? :shrug:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I get woken up at 3am by some cats killing each other outside, can't get back to sleep, log on here only to find you mucho obsessed about me still. :facepalm: You know, I once went to see Great Britain (I'm sure a purely English tennis team made up of players from Surrey would be more your thing) play Israel in The Davis Cup at Eastbourne, surrounded by middle aged women and Pimms drinkers :)facepalm: ) hysterically screaming "Come on Andy!" Is that a sign of my devotion to a sport I have zero interest in as well by you definition? :nono:

As for you mentioning a back catalogue, I'm afraid I've now got this vision of you:

View attachment 125394

Have you not got a healthier alternative outlet than me to perhaps channel your monomania at, such as an imaginary girlfriend/boyfriend/partner or a blow up doll? :shrug:

Probably best you don't initiate a discussion with me or deny your class warrior status if you don't want any replies :shrug:

I'm a class warrior, always have been - blame my late-northern NHS mother. A brave keyboard warrior like you - what school did you go to out of interest?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Probably best you don't initiate a discussion with me or deny your class warrior status if you don't want any replies :shrug:

I'm more than happy to have an innocuous reply from you - it keeps you off the streets if nothing else, so I'm doing my bit.

(That class warrior thing really gets you cranked, you public school saddo :lolol:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here