Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Be honest - how many of us in August foresaw a 4th place finish?

Boris Yeltsin

MR PRESIDENT to you, mate
Feb 13, 2008
Moscow
Considering we were top for a while, slipping down to 4th must surely be seen as a disappointment...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I said 5th at the start, and have always felt it was achievable. We ARE a very good side.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
After the dull draw at Bristol and then two successive defeats on the road to Bolton and Barnsley I thought we had blown all chances of a Play Off.

All credit to Gus and the players they have battled to get where we are now, the turning point really was the Palace game I think this gave the players and fans a bit of hope and we have gone on from St Paddys Day.

Just goes to show the season is a marathon and not a sprint.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I said 7th! I said 7th as recently as a month ago.

This team, and Gus in particular, has done me very proud.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Irritatingly I don't seem to have voted on the polls about where we'd finish and I don't actually remember where I thought we'd finish. I did, however, think that we'd improve on last season. 4th is probably higher than I would have voted though.

Titus

Come on!
Feb 21, 2010
Up here on the left.
When I saw the fixtures list and I saw that our last 2 games were away to Leeds and at home to Wolves I thought we'd just miss out. After all surely those two big clubs would be near the top.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I thought we would end up 8th.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Nope. I hoped we would but honestly never saw it happening. If we had Ullua for the whole season we would have won the league no doubt.

I agree. Finishing 4th is a great achievement but there have been soapy games this season that we've dominated and not one so the season could have been even better.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I did.

But then again in January I thought we'd be lucky to finish 10th.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
I put £50 on us getting promoted back in July.
So I suppose I could say that I predicted it fairly well as I'm still in with a shout of getting a pay-out. Or maybe it was wishful thinking?
(Although I'm not a betting person - last 2 bets I placed in the bookies were on us winning league 3 and league 2 back in 2000/2001!!!!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here