Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Be honest - how many of us in August foresaw a 4th place finish?

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
I did. Although by January I'd completely changed my mind. The turning point/points for me this season were Hull at home and Cardiff away. That's when we started to believe

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Back in August and with the squad we had then compared to some of our rivals I thought we'd do very well to fight for 6th and that would be decent progress over 10th last season.

So I'm delighted that we are finishing 4th and it's great to have genuinely earned a place in the play-offs. We don't need to fear anyone now.

So called rivals like Leicester have seriously underperformed plus other rivals have been so inconsistent. The relegated Prem clubs haven't contended. Only Bolton might squeeze into the play offs. Blackburn and Wolves have been feeble. The key is us putting together such a strong run-in while our rivals have faltered.

That the second automatic place is still up grabs going into the last game of the season and that Hull are involved (who IMHO haven't been that impressive) speaks volumes. Even Cardiff have been inconsistent but still had enough points on the board to comfortably make it across the line.

I guess of all the contenders it is shocking how spectacularly Palace have gone off the boil and from looking comfortable 2 months ago they are a shambles. Very satisfying that we will now finish above them and we had a very big hand in their current demise. OK they might still nick a play off place but hardly convincing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here