Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Pious drivel.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Not bothered about Qutar having the wc I think the world cup should go to all corners of the earth as its for everyone .
Yep as Sepp Blatter said "we want to move the World Cup around the globe so everyone can see it"

I'm So glad for the 2 Million people living in Qutar that get to watch it

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I think the world cup should go to all corners of the earth

Except places where:
*It's too hot/cold to play football
*They don't have human rights
*Football isn't played by very many people
*Bribery is the norm and they are swimming is cash

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think they were both stitch ups, and my suspicion is that this has usually been the case. My only point is that regardless of this, the Russian people deserve the chance to host. On the other hand, I can't see any redeeming feature in the Qatar stitch up.

Their fans are violent racist scum. Black players routinely endure vile abuse from these fans who you say "deserve" the chance to host. And the entire process of Russia being awarded the 2018 World Cup was a disgusting carve-up between a FIFA regime that has now finally been proven to be infested with crooks, and the corrupt filth in Russia that runs that nation.

Sorry, but its an abomination that Russia was awarded 2018, every bit as despicable as Qatar getting 2022. The entire process whereby those two countries were awarded those World Cups in that dual announcement absolutely stinks. Once it emerged the whole process was fixed, the bid process should have been restarted from scratch. Its a sick joke, and one that the fans will suffer for. You'll be very lucky not to get your head stoved in in Russia, and if you don't flake out from dehydration in Qatar they'll probably chop your hands off for winking at someone in a burkha.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yep as Sepp Blatter said "we want to move the World Cup around the globe so everyone can see it"

I'm So glad for the 2 Million people living in Qutar that get to watch it

Most of whom are migrant workers. Several of whom are dying building the stadiums.

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
Their fans are violent racist scum. Black players routinely endure vile abuse from these fans who you say "deserve" the chance to host. And the entire process of Russia being awarded the 2018 World Cup was a disgusting carve-up between a FIFA regime that has now finally been proven to be infested with crooks, and the corrupt filth in Russia that runs that nation.

Sorry, but its an abomination that Russia was awarded 2018, every bit as despicable as Qatar getting 2022. The entire process whereby those two countries were awarded those World Cups in that dual announcement absolutely stinks. Once it emerged the whole process was fixed, the bid process should have been restarted from scratch. Its a sick joke, and one that the fans will suffer for. You'll be very lucky not to get your head stoved in in Russia, and if you don't flake out from dehydration in Qatar they'll probably chop your hands off for winking at someone in a burkha.

Spot on, i dont see any reason why Russia deserve the chance, has been loads of issues recently regarding Russia as a country and also the violence that is occuring there, i think these should be given to countries that deserve it and Australia would been a great place to have a world cup, great stadiums, brillant country and great people.
Russia, England and France should never have it as just not upto it, i think places like Qatar getting it is laughable but no one will pull out as uefa will only ban that country from international football. but needs doing as Russia is very unsafe to play a tournament, just england has properly as many idiots as Russia looking for violence but its not a unsafe place to watch sport, you generally wont be attacked in a stadium for your colour or relgion or nationality.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Russia, England and France should never have it as just not upto it, i think places like Qatar getting it is laughable but no one will pull out as uefa will only ban that country from international football. but needs doing as Russia is very unsafe to play a tournament, just england has properly as many idiots as Russia looking for violence but its not a unsafe place to watch sport, you generally wont be attacked in a stadium for your colour or relgion or nationality.
?? Come again?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
The trouble is Qatar was never a decision or a fair vote, a completely corrupt stich up paid in bribes to you know who.

I actually think thus may well backfire if enough Countries teams decide to boycott it

In case anyone thinks 'you know who' is Sepp Blatter, he thought he had stitched the 2022 vote up in favour of the USA until his ex-mate Platini was, er, persuaded by the merits of the Qatar bid.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In case anyone thinks 'you know who' is Sepp Blatter, he thought he had stitched the 2022 vote up in favour of the USA until his ex-mate Platini was, er, persuaded by the merits of the Qatar bid.

Thank you for clearing that up. For a moment, I was worried that people might get the wrong idea, and start thinking that nice Uncle Sepp might be slightly corrupt :)

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
If it means no Alan Green, that's a positive. The most miserable man on radio by a country mile. I'd be glad to never hear his voice again.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I was previously of the belief that I could stomach a World Cup in Russia. It had never hosted the World cup and was at least a football country whereas Qatar was just a joke all round.

The events, however, of the past few days have persuaded me otherwise. You couldn't pay me to go to so the question will be who will? Nutcases up for a scrap and the incredibly hopeful or stupid. A series of games played in half empty stadiums or in front of Russian ultras. It's enough to get you into Rugby.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I think they were both stitch ups, and my suspicion is that this has usually been the case. My only point is that regardless of this, the Russian people deserve the chance to host. On the other hand, I can't see any redeeming feature in the Qatar stitch up.

The English people deserve to host, as do a multitude of other countries, but they aren't. Instead the 'deserved' ones tend to have football fans (in the loosest terms) that are racist, homophobic and out looking to maim people. They certainly deserve it.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The English people deserve to host, as do a multitude of other countries, but they aren't. Instead the 'deserved' ones tend to have football fans (in the loosest terms) that are racist, homophobic and out looking to maim people. They certainly deserve it.

I must admit, the position I took earlier in this thread has significantly weakened since the events of Marseilles, and I'm not saying the whole process is anything other than corrupt. What I will maintain is that unlike Qatar, Russia has a genuine football pedigree and probably should have hosted it years ago. However, seeing as it now unlikely to pass off peacefully as well as being a corrupt process, I'd be happy enough for England to boycott both of them.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I'm with you Alan, lets stay behind and watch the jocks, let them have a day out

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here