Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] BBC- Your club's most memorable final day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Not wishing to downplay a fellow Brighton fans opinions but I may suggest that another game where we stared into the abyss might have been slightly more memorable than last week...
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65619498
He might have understood the question to be "Premier League memorable day" but still
Stuart is our bus driver on Seagull Travel ... a lovely chap. After getting us to the Amex he takes his seat in the North stand. I think it's understandable given the wave we're currently riding that he's gone for the 'now' rather than the game you (and no doubt many others) would have gone for. When you put the two side by side ... they are both pretty incredible.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I’m a JCL around these parts, one of the lost generation, but even I know that’s utter bollox

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
It would probably be close to 100% - just about everyone, apart from Stuart.

Bloody JCLs
Stuart is far from being a JCL. Clicking on the link below his comment, there's a bit more ... including ...

"What can I say? History in the making. The club have come so, so far since those dark last days of the Goldstone and fighting for survival in English football and fighting for a new ground."

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Moron. A JCL moron. That’s all there is to it!

Anything but Hereford is simply the wrong answer. Maybe he didn’t understand the question?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Stuart is our bus driver on Seagull Travel ... a lovely chap. After getting us to the Amex he takes his seat in the North stand. I think it's understandable given the wave we're currently riding that he's gone for the 'now' rather than the game you (and no doubt many others) would have gone for. When you put the two side by side ... they are both pretty incredible.
Except you can’t put them side by side….other than that!

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Moron. A JCL moron. That’s all there is to it!

Anything but Hereford is simply the wrong answer. Maybe he didn’t understand the question?
As I stated above - Stuart is not a JCL!

And he is most certainly not a moron! Once again, so may on here feeling they have to show how outraged they are that someone has a different opinion to them by throwing around childish insults.

It was a comment off the back of an amazing achievement ... caught up in the moment of what's just happened. It's on a BBC website for goodness sake ... hardly serious stuff!!

Cornwallboy

Oct 13, 2022

And he is most certainly not a moron! Once again, so may on here feeling they have to show how outraged they are that someone has a different opinion to them by throwing around childish insults.

It was a comment off the back of an amazing achievement ... caught up in the moment of what's just happened. It's on a BBC website for goodness sake ... hardly serious stuff!!
I don't know Stuart but he's entitled to his opinion without getting insulted on here.

Cornwallboy

Oct 13, 2022
Thank you ... that's the point I've been trying to make. Have a different view ... obviously ... but why is the default on here to then just throw playground insults.
Because unfortunately there are some posters who if you disagree with them their default is insults or to try and get you banned. The same posters who will preach 'tolerance' but they will only tolerate you if you agree with them.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Moron or not, it's just wrong to begin with, purely because it wasn't the final day!

Classic exam scenario fail: 'Always read the question'...

If it was 'What was the best/most memorable/most important game of this season?', he might have a point. I'm not even necessarily having a pop at him, I'd partly blame the person who put the article together, as they should've spotted it didn't fit and asked him to answer the actual question.

But then, who cares anyway, really? :shrug:

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

No offence intended. My comment was supposed to be lighthearted. As you suggest, the article is just a bit of fluff to fill a space on their website, not a definitive survey to inform the official history of the club. There's no reason for people to form a mob and go after Stuart with flaming torches.

If you're reading this, sorry Stuart. You got a load of stick for not picking the obvious response. Don't get down about it though, apply to go on Pointless. There's a coveted trophy and a weekend City break in those skills.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I Googled this guy as I thought he must be a fan in his 20s or early 30s at most, in which case you could forgive his choice. However from the photos he looks to be in his 50s, so no excuse!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Anyway, that day - I think we just pipped Reading didn't we? I can only imagine how upset their fans must've been to find we'd scored a last minute winner thus depriving them of a play off place. If only someone somewhere had captured the moment at Reading.
For the love of God, can someone PLEASE tap it in?

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
No offence intended. My comment was supposed to be lighthearted. As you suggest, the article is just a bit of fluff to fill a space on their website, not a definitive survey to inform the official history of the club. There's no reason for people to form a mob and go after Stuart with flaming torches.

If you're reading this, sorry Stuart. You got a load of stick for not picking the obvious response. Don't get down about it though, apply to go on Pointless. There's a coveted trophy and a weekend City break in those skills.
Thank you ...

Sometimes the 'obvious' answer for some isn't the same for everyone. Let's not forget, the club has many young supporters that weren't even a thought in their parents heads (or trousers 😜) when Hereford happened. These young people aren't JCLs and we shouldn't expect them to rate an event that happened before they were born over something they were able to experience first hand themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here