Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BBC: Lopez wants to stay

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
As Gus was saying on The Footballer's Football Show last night, he has 11 players out of contract. Some are Prem quality, some are Championship quality, some are League 1 quality. But a number are borderline; hypothetically, if we don't go up Gus might be happy to re-sign the likes of Greer, Barnes, El-Abd, but if we go up he might not.

I might be wrong but I think the 11 are Greer, Barnes, El-Abd, Hoskins, Dunk, Spanish Dave, Dicker, Brezovan, Painter, Vicente, Bergkamp. In addition, he has the Upson, Bridge and Hammond loans expiring.

Of the eleven I'd say seven probably couldn't do a job in the Prem but all bar one can perform in the Championship. If we go up and Bournemouth come up I could see 2 or 3 heading west.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Things I like that Dave buys in Tesco: Exotic cheeses, tiger bread
Things I'm slightly disappointed Dave buys in Tesco: Cans of Carling. For a couple of quid more you could get a decent Spanish lager
Things Dave buys in Tesco which I feel are neither in good nor bad taste: Toilet roll, nappies, bottles of water

If Dave drinks Carling then so do I .

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Against the grain but absolutely appalling last game but we have seen what he can do.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
.......I might be wrong but I think the 11 are Greer, Barnes, El-Abd, Hoskins, Dunk, Spanish Dave, Dicker, Brezovan, Painter, Vicente, Bergkamp. In addition, he has the Upson, Bridge and Hammond loans expiring..........

Had a feeling Casper was expiring. Maybe Barnes activated his clause?

Also the shout earlier in thread of IF Gus goes in next 3 years we'd want Martinez isn't a bad call, but I think the next manager of Albion will be

Brendon Rodgers. Has Spanish links but granted not to nearly the same extent. He'll go at a similar time to Gus going somewhere top 8-10 but can't see it being a straight swap.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here