Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] BBC Journalist harassed

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
i wonder if the said person a)votes b) goes to church c) gives to charity .

Do you know which police force they were from as it would be interesting to see if he was from one of those that openly support (ILLEGAL) fox hunting.

I don't recall, but you can probably find out on the BBC website (he was quoted on R5). I agree with your points.

Ironic, also that today "the Met Police was (found to be) institutionally corrupt in the way it concealed or denied failings over the unsolved murder of Daniel Morgan". The initials KN spring immediately to mind, but we shall never know.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Always strikes me that these permanently angry, always offended types - "You can't say or do nuffink anymore" - are the very same people who accuse others of being 'snowflakes' and aggressively tell them to stop being so 'entitled' or "man up" :mad:.

Last edited:

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
When a government has got to power on a policy that explicitly dismissed experts in favour of opinions then it's sadly no surprise some people feel empowered to attack anyone who allows experts to be heard.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The fella at the beginning of the clip with the can of drink looks like he’d walked straight off a Mad Max film set. He is obviously more comfortable with the sort of anarchist society shown in those post apocalyptic movies. Only a few teeth left to chew on his gammon too!

Ah. I hadn't watched the video.

Anarchists. I once stumbled across the annual meeting of UK anarchists, on Clapham Common, 1977. They spent half the time arguing about whether they should be having a meeting since this demonstrated a level of organisation that isn't compatible with the spirit of anarchy. I also learned that Irish Nationalism had a strong streak of anarchy in it. Who am I to comment? Possibly more likely than Trained Marxism, perhaps :shrug:

Back on topic.....Burn them!

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
When a government has got to power on a policy that explicitly dismissed experts in favour of opinions then it's sadly no surprise some people feel empowered to attack anyone who allows experts to be heard.

Well, that didn’t happen. There weren’t any experts in whether or not we should be members of the EU. It was a personal choice basis lots of factors including constitutional, economic and political. Lots of dire predictions haven’t come to pass so a lot of these expert opinions turned out to be opinion anyway, relying as they did upon assumption. Tired cliches about Brexit have nothing to do with the current debate.

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 2719

Why must the UK do better though ? I’m not sure you can equate the actions of every dumb ‘protest’ with a country of 70 million people.

Isn't protesting just a mindless waste of energy and anger.

I really do not understand, why people need to religiously do it.

Labour has always driven this religion IMO.

It's exactly why they manipulate the young and vulnerable for their vote. It is also why they are light years away from power again, IMO.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton

It's exactly why they manipulate the young and vulnerable for their vote. It is also why they are light years away from power again, IMO.

Yep, thank goodness we didn't protest against Belotti and Archer and in favour of Falmer.

joydivisionovengloves

Aug 10, 2019
N/E Somerset

100 % Poppycock as a suffragette once said.

(although this lot are a bunch of fvcking conspiracy believing losers)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Always strikes me that these permanently angry, always offended types - "You can't say or do nuffink anymore" - are the very same people who accuse others of being 'snowflakes' and aggressively tell them to stop being so 'entitled' or "man up" :mad:.

That's broflakes for you :shrug:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Well, that didn’t happen. There weren’t any experts in whether or not we should be members of the EU. It was a personal choice basis lots of factors including constitutional, economic and political. Lots of dire predictions haven’t come to pass so a lot of these expert opinions turned out to be opinion anyway, relying as they did upon assumption. Tired cliches about Brexit have nothing to do with the current debate.

I believe there were a whole number of experts on various aspects of Brexit such as the breakdown of GDP, the NI border, Fishing, Exports, Financial services, Import controls and what would be required to implement them etc etc. In fact there's been an interesting debate on the Brexit thread over the last couple of days about alternatives to the NI Protocol. It could really use some input from a lucid Brexit supporter as to what the alternatives are as there aren't any over there and I wouldn't want this thread to go off topic, so I've copied this post over there :thumbsup:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Make a living in hospitality or travel
Visit a sick person in hospital
Travel
Watch and play sport
Have unlimited visits to care homes
Get cancer treatment
Face to face GP appointments
School sports days
Graduations
Concerts
Festivals
How about just going about day to day life without checking an app or wearing a face covering...

What is wrong with the following that you have mentioned - Wetherspoons, Benidorm, dancing at wedding, falling over drunk

By the way I don't agree with chasing and threatening behaviour of anyone. I do believe in good debate and discussion

Personally, I have done all the first 6, except travel, and that’s only foreign travel, since the last relaxing of lockdown.

Not cancer treatment, but a check up on my progress.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.

I guess if you don't like people protesting, you could always emigrate to North Korea, China or Putin's Russia.

Think you'll find that most off the anti-lockdown brigade are permanently aggrieved, simple-minded, aggressive, Right-wingers

As opposed to the Tories, the Daily Mail, Daily Express, The Sun, The Daily Telegraph. The Times, and now GB News, manipulating the elderly and uneducated for their vote, and promoting the 'culture wars' as part of the divide-and-rule strategy that people like you doubtless applaud.

Last edited:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I believe there were a whole number of experts on various aspects of Brexit such as the breakdown of GDP, the NI border, Fishing, Exports, Financial services, Import controls and what would be required to implement them etc etc. In fact there's been an interesting debate on the Brexit thread over the last couple of days about alternatives to the NI Protocol. It could really use some input from a lucid Brexit supporter as to what the alternatives are as there aren't any over there and I wouldn't want this thread to go off topic, so I've copied this post over there :thumbsup:

Thank you for the invite but I don’t want to debate Brexit. The only point I was making was that the subject shouldn’t be shoehorned into a thread about people harassing a journalist.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

The right to assembly is the primary sign of a democracy in contemporary societies -- it's how the demos get to exercise their cracie. And those governments that try to outlaw it drift into authoritarianism, and even fascism. Witness Putin's Russia.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
UPDATE: A man in his 50s is being interviewed by Met detectives at a Herts police station in connection with an incident where a journalist was aggressively confronted and chased in Whitehall yesterday afternoon. A second man has been identified and is being actively sought.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Thank you for the invite but I don’t want to debate Brexit. The only point I was making was that the subject shouldn’t be shoehorned into a thread about people harassing a journalist.

I didn't think you would and couldn't understand why Brexit was shoehorned into this thread ???

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The dire predictions were mainly about *no deal* brexit.

But *no deal* didn't happen - which thankfully somewhat voided the associated doom.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here