BBC iPlayer Recommendations?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
French series The Promise (La Promesse) will be on next week. As well as Scandi Noir, BBC Four has a long and favoured history with French crime drama thanks to recent hits Spiral and Paris Police 1900.

And The Promise does have a connection to Spiral – showrunner Anne Landois is also in charge of this series, too

The story is set in the heart of Landes, during the great storm of 1999. During that tumultuous event, an 11-year-old girl – Charlotte Meyer – disappears. Police chief Pierre Castaing (Olivier Marchal) is tapped to head the investigation. But when he must release the chief suspect because of a lack of evidence, Castaing is left deeply shaken by his failure to find the girl and becomes ostracised by the local community as his family falls apart.

4 episodes in and I have to say this is pretty good.

Recommended.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Tim Key's latest show The Witchfinder, is on IPlayer.

If nothing else you might enjoy The Weald & Downs museum.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Is Borgen any good ?

Noticed it is back on the iPlayer

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Putin, Russia and the West.

4 part documentary from 2011.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Is Borgen any good ?

Borgen is a delight, which goes through several series and, if like me, you've followed the Scandis over the past decade or so, you'll also find several familiar faces within the cast.
If you've liked other Nordic Noir, chances are you'll get on with this.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Borgen is a delight, which goes through several series and, if like me, you've followed the Scandis over the past decade or so, you'll also find several familiar faces within the cast.
If you've liked other Nordic Noir, chances are you'll get on with this.

Big fan of Scandis had better tip my toe in the Borgen water ASAP

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Is Borgen any good ?

Whilst political and not cop/perp led, this is magnificent. Sidse is brilliant and lovely, still gets 100% on RT which is something indeed.

Can't wait for S4 kicking off mid-April.

Bor.jpg

Right up there with the big boys (The Bridge, The Killing, Spiral, Braquo)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
'When Nirvana Came to Britain'

These are a good documentary, released in September 2021 to celebrate 30 years since release of 'Nevermind' album. Deals mainly with the period 1989-92 which saw the band explode into global grungy prominence, and sadly, fleetingly, the aftermath of the 1994 death of Kurt Cobain. A must-watch for fans of the band IMHO

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
The BBC has recommissioned four of its biggest crime dramas from 2021 and early 2022 for second series.

The Tourist, The Responder, Vigil and Time are all getting second runs.

The Beeb says that each will run for the same duration their first series – Vigil for six episodes, Time for three, The Tourist for six and The Responder for five.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
The BBC has recommissioned four of its biggest crime dramas from 2021 and early 2022 for second series.

The Tourist, The Responder, Vigil and Time are all getting second runs.

The Beeb says that each will run for the same duration their first series – Vigil for six episodes, Time for three, The Tourist for six and The Responder for five.

Oh excellent.

I've not caught 'Time' yet - must add it to the list.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I watched one of the new (always excellent) Storyvilles.
Try Harder - documentary about a group of students studying to try and get into prestigious US universities.
Nicely done, funny, unsettling and inspiring.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports