Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BBC iPlayer Recommendations?

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Not on IPlayer. Anne ITV, the story of the mother of one of the boys who died in the Liverpool Notts Forest semi final game.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Judy, a film about Judy Garland six months before she died concerts at the Talk of the Town in London. I had no idea how controlled she was as a kid and teenager. Sad and Disgusting.money grabbing (and unmentioned sexual harassment) Louis B Mayer and her ***** husbands.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Anyone else watching David Tennant's Around The World In 80 Days?

It's very big!
I'm quite enjoying it but I think it's a little too 'style over substance'.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Anyone else watching David Tennant's Around The World In 80 Days?

It's very big!
I'm quite enjoying it but I think it's a little too 'style over substance'.
It's a major international co-production in order to afford the cash and the locations. I'm enjoying it.

As a further recommendation.... TOAST!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The Tourist. Drama with Jamie Dornan, not the crap Johnny Depp film.

Watching that at the moment and enjoying it, slow but good. If you like Zip Zap all action, don’t bother

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I finished 80 Days yesterday.

I did enjoy it, perfect 'Sunday Night' fayre.

I thought the Island episode was by far the strongest.

Richard Wilson's denouement less so :lol:

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Not sure if mentioned earlier in the thread, currently there are Universe, Human Universe, and Adventures in Space and Time (possibly others) with Prof Bream Cox

He has a way of explaining quite complex ideas really well, and some of the facts and figures are mind boggling. The piece on the Saturn rocket that blasted off for the Apollo missions are staggering- the first stage rocket produced enough energy at lift off that was equal to PEAK Power generation of the entire UK-thats every power station at the time producing the maximum electricity possible-

Well worth a watch- the space and time series is an update on some of his other series-bringing current knowledge into it

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I thoroughly recommend nobody tries to watch The Tourist sll the way through. Life will ALWAYS be too short. Dreary and wooden drama-by-numbers :yawn:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There's something like Mohammed Ali In 10 Photographs in sports documentaries.

It's ok, a bit dodgy in places esp around his daughters.
But it's not without some merit with some touching, new to me, insight.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
French series The Promise (La Promesse) will be on next week. As well as Scandi Noir, BBC Four has a long and favoured history with French crime drama thanks to recent hits Spiral and Paris Police 1900.

And The Promise does have a connection to Spiral – showrunner Anne Landois is also in charge of this series, too

The story is set in the heart of Landes, during the great storm of 1999. During that tumultuous event, an 11-year-old girl – Charlotte Meyer – disappears. Police chief Pierre Castaing (Olivier Marchal) is tapped to head the investigation. But when he must release the chief suspect because of a lack of evidence, Castaing is left deeply shaken by his failure to find the girl and becomes ostracised by the local community as his family falls apart.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Watched this many moons ago, it's very good and Laura Bach is gorgeous.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/p0bhncgb/those-who-kill

LB.jpg

Highly recommended for Scandi fans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here